PDA

View Full Version : Haynesworth suspended

Kiwon
12-07-2010, 12:20 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-redskins-haynesworthsuspended

Kiwon
12-07-2010, 12:23 PM
I thought they brought in Shanahan to straighten out the mess in Washington. Is he making it better or making it worse?

MichiganPackerFan
12-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Shanahan is one of the most overrated head coaches ever. And Haynesworth got what he deserved, i hope they sue his ass for breach of contract.

Pugger
12-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Good lord, I remember some folks on Packer message boards (I don't recall the feeling here - my memory ain't what it used to be) clamoring for this piece of "work" when he was a FA. I'm glad TT passed on this clown!

pbmax
12-07-2010, 05:26 PM
One playoff win since Elway retired, right? I am sure he'll get back to his winning ways.

steve823
12-07-2010, 05:57 PM
One playoff win since Elway retired, right? I am sure he'll get back to his winning ways.

In his defense, it is the Redskins he took over. Beside Bill Bellicheck, I don't think anyone could turn that organization around at the moment.

gbgary
12-07-2010, 07:12 PM
shannie's not over-rated. you can say that about amost all the superbowl winning coaches. after their sb winning team(s) loses it's key players (through retirement, free-agency, etc), after drafting late every year, salary cap issues, etc., things go down hill for a while. hanesworth is a dog and is getting what he deserves. hope he has to give back a bunch of money.

pbmax
12-07-2010, 07:42 PM
shannie's not over-rated. you can say that about amost all the superbowl winning coaches. after their sb winning team(s) loses it's key players (through retirement, free-agency, etc), after drafting late every year, salary cap issues, etc., things go down hill for a while. hanesworth is a dog and is getting what he deserves. hope he has to give back a bunch of money.

No doubt about Albert, who found out that the same crazy guy who gave you all that money was also completely capable of reversing course and changing defensive philosophies.

But Shanahan's rep has continued to expand as he was given increasing amounts of power in the Bronco organization despite diminishing returns. But he has not succeeded since he has been without the guys who helped assemble the Super Bowl teams. And those teams, like Wolf's Packers, were assembled in a league environment that does not exist anymore.

MichiganPackerFan
12-08-2010, 08:04 AM

Pretty sure he's already there ; )

John Riggins made a great point on the radio about Shanahan at the beginning of the season "It's not like he got fired in Denver for winning too many games" (hope I got that right!)

Cheesehead Craig
12-08-2010, 08:35 AM
What a clusterf*ck of an organization and team that is. It's embarassing that we lost to that.

Little Whiskey
12-08-2010, 08:56 AM
What a clusterf*ck of an organization and team that is. It's embarassing that we lost to that.

are you talking about the bears or the redskins? ......or both!

VermontPackFan
12-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Good lord, I remember some folks on Packer message boards (I don't recall the feeling here - my memory ain't what it used to be) clamoring for this piece of "work" when he was a FA. I'm glad TT passed on this clown!

Its very easy to clamor/lust for a big free agent siging in March when the seasons over and there is still another 2 months to the draft and another 3 months until training camp. I have often wished along with just about every poster on this board that TT would sign somebody, anybody! But hearing about the circus that has taken place in DC this year I am absolutely proud of the team our front office has assembled. They all seem like good (Johnny Jolley excluded of course) citizens, hard working, team oriented players!

Little Whiskey
12-09-2010, 01:53 PM
But hearing about the circus that has taken place in DC EVERY year...................

fixed

VermontPackFan
12-09-2010, 03:47 PM
fixed

Sad but true...thanks.

Kiwon
12-17-2010, 10:27 PM
(Bump)

And the fun continues.

First, the NFL Players Union file a grievance against the Redskins on Haynesworth's behalf.

Second, Shanahan benches McNabb and basically tells him that he will not be back next year. This after his new contract extension!

When you are tempted to feel bad about the Packers' front office and coaches just remember that they look like geniuses compared to the Redskins. What a dysfunctional mess.

Freak Out
12-17-2010, 11:07 PM
DAYUM! How much control does the Rat have with the Skins? Does he have final say or does Danny boy still chime in all the time? Total cluster. Hell...I'd be tempted to start the kid from Hawaii if he's still on the team over the Sex Dragon.

Guiness
12-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Had to think Reid was no dummy when he traded McNabb to a divisional opponent.

That 5yr $78 million extension's looking great, eh? For once, at least, the Redskins are covered, being in the clear, financially, if they cut him after the season.

They gave up a 2nd and a 3rd for him though, that's got to hurt.

bobblehead
12-18-2010, 09:52 AM

I hate to admit, this is the only FA I ever campaigned for. I have a weak spot for interior linemen who can get to the QB. When motivated, Fat Albert is the most talented 4-3 (we ran 4-3 at the time) DT in the league imo. Sadly, after preaching to everyone about big name FA's flopping, I got caught up in the hype. Lesson relearned. But if a 3-4 OLB who can get to the QB and play the run becomes available in FA this year I can't garauntee I won't have another lapse in judgement.....THIS TIME FOR SURE !!!

pbmax
12-18-2010, 10:27 AM
There is a line of thought in the Washington sports reporting that the Haynesworth situation had to come to a head sooner or later, and it was probably better to deal with it earlier from Shanahan's point of view. He wasn't going to be happy in anything other than a close copy of Fisher's D (if even then) so if you wanted to keep control of the team situation, Haynesworth had to be told no. Even Vinnie Holiday said that there wasn't as much support as usual among the players because Haynesworth has not been together with the players, day in and day out at camp and in practices.