PDA

View Full Version : Al Harris placed on IR by Dolphins

denverYooper
12-07-2010, 07:53 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Dolphins-place-Al-Harris-on-injured-reserve.html

Too bad for Al.

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-07-2010, 08:27 PM
He should call it a career and retire a packer. He had a great run and will be missed. I never enjoyed a corner tandem more than Woodson and Harris together. That was a great four year run those two had together.

Kiwon
12-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Yeah, Harris should seriously consider calling it a career, get healed up and preserve his health. He's had a great run and doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. I assume he still has the big crib on South Beach. Hopefully he's put some money away to live on and won't repeat the mistakes of so many others.

gbgary
12-07-2010, 09:40 PM
He should call it a career and retire a packer. He had a great run and will be missed. I never enjoyed a corner tandem more than Woodson and Harris together. That was a great four year run those two had together.

you said it!

SkinBasket
12-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Al harris should go and die a lonely death in the corner of a piss smelling bar. What a selfish fucker.

pbmax
12-07-2010, 10:18 PM
I feel bad he ended up on IR again after a straight year of rehab.

But about famous Packer CB duos:

But what about Milli and Vanilli (McKenzie and Harris)?

Or Doug Evans and Craig Newsome?

Tyrone Williams and Bhawoh Jue?

pbmax
12-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Al harris should go and die a lonely death in the corner of a piss smelling bar. What a selfish fucker.

Like Yin and Yang, always there to balance the equation.

Joemailman
12-07-2010, 10:46 PM

Al Harris and Grabby McSmurf

Gunakor
12-07-2010, 11:19 PM

Herb Adderley and Bob Jeter were pretty good.

hurleyfan
12-08-2010, 06:57 AM
Al Harris and Grabby McSmurf

Harris and Grabby McSmurf sure were famous :-(

Fritz
12-08-2010, 07:33 AM
Hell, maybe he'll heal up over the offseason, and perhaps if Underwood and Lee keep looking pedestrian and TT doesn't draft a corner or two (remember that year Wolf kept drafting CB after CB, whiffing on Antuan/Antwan Edwards and Fred what's-his-name-in-round-two (whom he traded for Ahman Green) but eventually getting it right with Mckenzie in round three?) - maybe Al will be back with the Pack next year as the 4th corner. Maybe Al will somehow figure out how to play special teams.

Ah, but maybe I'll get a date with Drew Barrymore, too.

swede
12-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Vinson

Thank you, Holmy.

hoosier
12-08-2010, 07:52 AM
The report says he was put on IR for a hamstring injury. Apparently it wasn't knee related at all, unless there is some hidden connection like he hurt his hammy because he was overcompensating for a problematic knee. The knee bone's connected to the leg bone, the leg bone's connected to the....

Joemailman
12-08-2010, 08:00 AM
Actually, Al damaged about 5 different things with that injury last year. I believe one of them was a torn hamstring.

MichiganPackerFan
12-08-2010, 08:18 AM

Looking for someone to hang out with, Skin?

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's back and playing well next year. The ACL usually costs a season+ and Al has always been in great shape.

Little Whiskey
12-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Looking for someone to hang out with, Skin?

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's back and playing well next year. The ACL usually costs a season+ and Al has always been in great shape.

I thought this same thing about him comming back this year. in his rehab videos he look great, but I guess "proof" is in the pudding. too bad. he's always been one of my fav's. Like a few others, i hope he comes back next year to retire as a Packer. It would be nice if they announced him one last time at lambeau just to let the fans thank him for his years of service.

vince
12-08-2010, 09:48 AM
One of the all-time best

http://vimeo.com/17598114

Al and Chuck were the best too for a stretch I thought, although they weren't really recognized as such nationally. There seemed to always be a tandem that people thought were better - usually Champ Bailey and whoever was paired with him.

sheepshead
12-08-2010, 10:27 AM

Heart felt Holiday Sentiment. (Im gonna steal this for my Christmas cards)

Guiness
12-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Hell, maybe he'll heal up over the offseason, and perhaps if Underwood and Lee keep looking pedestrian and TT doesn't draft a corner or two (remember that year Wolf kept drafting CB after CB, whiffing on Antuan/Antwan Edwards and Fred what's-his-name-in-round-two (whom he traded for Ahman Green) but eventually getting it right with Mckenzie in round three?) - maybe Al will be back with the Pack next year as the 4th corner. Maybe Al will somehow figure out how to play special teams.

That was the 'oh shit, Moss is for real' draft, right?

Mmmm, Drew Barrymore...

Packgator
12-08-2010, 10:50 AM

I would say so.

Adderley....... Pro Football Hall Of Fame

Jeter............ Packers Hall Of Fame

Packgator
12-08-2010, 10:58 AM
One of the all-time best

Great clip vince. Thanks for posting it.

LP
12-08-2010, 12:37 PM

Dear Fritz,

I can't believe you have thrown me under the bus for the first shameless young hussy in a bikini that comes around. I thought I was your one and only!

Please excuse me now while I go to cancel the press release anouncing my retirement from acting so that I could dedicate myself to keeping my pad level low and being your full time love slave.

Regrets,

Drew

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=444389&highlight=drew#444389

I dunno Fritz. Think she's over it yet?

Fritz
12-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Dear Drew -

As a devoted Packer fan, I was simply attempting to keep Aaron Rodgers - tender, innocent young man that he is - out of trouble.

Now, go announce your retirement, book your ticket to Detroit, and don't forget to stop by Victoria's Secret - no, wait, Frederick's of Hollywood - on your way to my place.

Love,

Fritz

P.S. - I already have the handcuffs and the body lotions, my lovely slave.

vince
12-08-2010, 12:58 PM
We're gonna miss you around here Fritz.

Fritz
12-08-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm not going anywhere, Vince. While she's handcuffed to the bed I can throw a few Packerrats posts out there. It's a big turn on for both of us.

bobblehead
12-08-2010, 01:08 PM
The report says he was put on IR for a hamstring injury. Apparently it wasn't knee related at all, unless there is some hidden connection like he hurt his hammy because he was overcompensating for a problematic knee. The knee bone's connected to the leg bone, the leg bone's connected to the....

sounds an awful lot like what happened with robert brooks after he came back from his knee injury.

Fritz
12-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Man, I liked Robert Brooks. I think if he hadn't gotten hurt he'd have been better than Freeman.

gbgary
12-08-2010, 04:03 PM
One of the all-time best

http://vimeo.com/17598114

Al and Chuck were the best too for a stretch I thought, although they weren't really recognized as such nationally. There seemed to always be a tandem that people thought were better - usually Champ Bailey and whoever was paired with him.

yup...they were great...especially herb. heard the voice of the great ray scott in that clip.

pbmax
12-08-2010, 08:46 PM
If Adderley played in the NFL/NFC until 1972 then retired, how many times did Len Dawson play against him? Was it only in the second Super Bowl?