PDA

View Full Version : Lions Week

Joemailman
12-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Chad Clifton recovering from a concussion he suffered against the 49ers. I wasn't aware of this. Charles Woodson left practice after suffering an ankle injury. I'd be more worried about not having Woodson than I would Clifton.

Oh well. What's a couple more injuries? http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/111546414.html

Freak Out
12-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Is Stanton going to start or is Stafford? Megatron or Megatroid or whatever the fuck he calls himself scares me....even with a stumble bum like Hill throwing to him he was scary. Oh....and Suh is crazy.

Joemailman
12-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Stafford threw a few passes today, but Stanton is expected to start. http://www.freep.com/article/20101208/SPORTS01/101208023/1354/sports/Stafford-tests-arm-still-doubtful

Fritz
12-08-2010, 05:04 PM
It's pretty certain that Stanton will start.

I'm more concerned about Woodson's ankle...and Clifton now, too. Jaysus.

vince
12-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Sitton almost completely nullified Suh in the last game. I think he got a sack, but it was because Rodgers ran up in the pocket right into him if I recall correctly.

3irty1
12-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Kyle Vanden whatever and supposedly Alphonso Smith will be out for the Lions.

denverYooper
12-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Kyle Vanden whatever and supposedly Alphonso Smith will be out for the Lions.

Pretty big losses for their defense. Smith was one of the ok guys in the secondary. KVB is a huge veteran leader and core member of that D line. If Rodgers doesn't have a big day, it'd better be because Starks goes for a buck-fifty.

HarveyWallbangers
12-09-2010, 12:55 AM
This makes me feel good. Their pass defense is probably higher when you consider all passing stats--not just yards against.

Green Bay's defense ranks 1st in scoring defense, sixth in pass defense, allows just 3.7 YPC to RBs, and has more combined sacks (35) and INTs (15) than any other team in the league.

Tony Oday
12-09-2010, 09:33 AM
This is going to be a laugher. Pack 138 Lions -7

Starks gets 100
B Jack gets 90
AR throws for 6 miles

Little Whiskey
12-09-2010, 11:02 AM
This is going to be a laugher. Pack 138 Lions -7

Starks gets 100
B Jack gets 90
AR throws for 6 miles

says Green Bay Super fans........its going to be THAT CLOSE?!

Fritz
12-09-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm telling you, it's not the same old Leos. They play people tough but don't know how to finish games.

Don't get too comfortable, people.

They have Calvin Johnson, Brandon Pettigrew, and Jahvid Best on offense. Some weapons.

They have a good defensive line.

MichiganPackerFan
12-09-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm telling you, it's not the same old Leos. They play people tough but don't know how to finish games.

They have Calvin Johnson, Brandon Pettigrew, and Jahvid Best on offense. Some weapons.

what he said

VermontPackFan
12-09-2010, 11:50 AM

What they said...we barely beat them last time and they have improved, but so have we...Should be a tough, hard earned W

Little Whiskey
12-09-2010, 12:48 PM
we're fans. we get to look past certain teams. the players and coaches on the, other hand, don't get that luxury.

3irty1
12-09-2010, 01:38 PM
While I agree that the Lions are much improved and that losing this game would likely cost us a shot at the super bowl, no one should be predicting a close game. This has all the makings of a blow out no matter how "tough" the lions play.

VermontPackFan
12-09-2010, 03:49 PM
While I agree that the Lions are much improved and that losing this game would likely cost us a shot at the super bowl, no one should be predicting a close game. This has all the makings of a blow out no matter how "tough" the lions play.

Your probably right but hopefully none of the players are thinking that way.

steve823
12-09-2010, 04:32 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cc43b4/article/blindside-help-lt-clifton-expected-to-play-for-packers?module=HP_headlines

Looks like Clifton will play, while the status of Woodson is uncertain. Woodson has been a Lion Killer and it almost seems like he gets a pick six whenever he plays them. Though I would rather Woodson not play this week then play and worsen his injury since we play 3 great teams after the Lions.

Joemailman
12-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Lions should hang tough for a while, but they have trouble closing out games. Their problem is, that is what the Packers are doing as well as anyone right now. Packers have outscored their last 6 opponents in the 2nd half, by a total margin of 85-20.

vince
12-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Detroit is ranked 16 against the pass and only 25 against the run, but it seems to me their defensive backfield is weak and can be exploited. Looks like it could be a nice balanced attack for McCarthy and the Packers this week.

Detroit's offense is ranked 8 passing and 28 rushing, but Best can be explosive if healthy, which he hasn't been and doesn't seem to be yet with lingering turf toe.

wootah
12-10-2010, 02:58 AM
I'd like to use some 'tweets' of the great JerMichael from 2009 on this topic:

Next week lions should trash them.

Sorry for the tweets took the lions message wrong. What do I suppose to say oh the lions are the best team in the league.

Sorry tweets the lions game is going to b so close and it's going to b a great game. LOL

MichiganPackerFan
12-10-2010, 08:00 AM
I hope MM puts his foot on the gas and finishes them early. If you let them hang around, they might steal one.

Woodson HAS to play in front of his Ann Arbor alma mater. BUT if we get an early lead, it's time to pull him and rest him. Cullen Jenkins should NOT have been in the end of the 49ers game when he got hurt. WTF.

wootah
12-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Cullen Jenkins should NOT have been in the end of the 49ers game when he got hurt. WTF.

Indeed. And Woodson shouldn't have been doing any practice during the week, he should just rest in a chaise longue while being fed grapes by the bikini girls. ThanksMM for putting Charles in a position to get hurt!

Pugger
12-10-2010, 08:59 AM
Tony Dungy was on Mike and Mike on BSPN this morning and he is predicting Detroit and Chicago winning this weekend! He was singing the praises of Suh, but besides Suh who else on that D line rushes the passer? Isn't Vanden Bosch on IR now? Dungy also thinks the bares will win cuz they are at home and NE is coming off a short week on the road. God, I hope he's wrong on both counts! :shock:

denverYooper
12-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Tony Dungy was on Mike and Mike on BSPN this morning and he is predicting Detroit and Chicago winning this weekend! He was singing the praises of Suh, but besides Suh who else on that D line rushes the passer? Isn't Vanden Bosch on IR now? Dungy also thinks the bares will win cuz they are at home and NE is coming off a short week on the road. God, I hope he's wrong on both counts! :shock:

He'll probably make a different pick at a different time.

Fritz
12-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Cliff Avril has been improving as a pass-rusher for Detroit, and don't forget Corey Williams. Sitton, Wells, and Colledge are going to have their work cut out, and Bulaga and Clifton have to be solid.

Joemailman
12-10-2010, 05:33 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/111678229.html

Clifton and Woodson both probable. Pat Lee is out, so Jarrett Bush would be the Dime, as well as probably Nickel if Woodson has to come out.

denverYooper
12-10-2010, 09:43 PM

Word on the nets is that this was Herm "Play to Win the Game" Edwards with these picks on M&M.

Fritz
12-11-2010, 09:15 AM
Well, I am going to the game tomorrow. Very excited about that. I hope the Packers play well, and crush the Leos.

Pugger
12-11-2010, 09:19 AM
But if we play our game and don't screw up we should win this game no matter what Detroit does. If we don't give them any "free" points (pick sixes and/or TDs on STs) we'll be 9-4 by tomorrow evening.

Bretsky
12-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Well, I am going to the game tomorrow. Very excited about that. I hope the Packers play well, and crush the Leos.

Don't you have some sort of bad losing streak going ? Or was that MJ ?

MJZiggy
12-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Don't you have some sort of bad losing streak going ? Or was that MJ ?

I"ve watched them win, just not with you people...:bang:

Bretsky
12-11-2010, 11:20 AM
I"ve watched them win, just not with you people...:bang:

Did you see a Win or Loss this year ? I honestly can't remember.

MJZiggy
12-11-2010, 06:10 PM
It was a loss this year, but I've seen them win plenty in Tampa.

MJZiggy
12-11-2010, 06:11 PM
This week will be a good test. First time I get to wear the new Matthews replica I got for my b-day. Heal up and tear up Claymaker!

Fritz
12-11-2010, 06:17 PM
I've seen them win more than I've seen them lose...but then again, I've only ever seen them against Detroit, and once against Chicago.

I saw the game where Majkowski threw a last second touchdown to beat Detroit in the old, stupid Pontiac Silverdome. That was so, so cool.

pbmax
12-11-2010, 08:13 PM
This makes me feel good. Their pass defense is probably higher when you consider all passing stats--not just yards against.
Green Bay's defense ranks 1st in scoring defense, sixth in pass defense, allows just 3.7 YPC to RBs, and has more combined sacks (35) and INTs (15) than any other team in the league.

Where did the 3.7 YPC to RBs stat come from?

Freak Out
12-12-2010, 10:47 PM
The god damn Neo rat is to blame here. Now all you have to do Fritz is go to the Viking-Giant game and jinx the Giants. Have an old Gifford jersey you can wear?