PDA

View Full Version : Packers Get Good News on Injured Players

SnakeLH2006
12-10-2010, 01:12 AM
http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=13648580

The Green Bay Packers received encouraging news as they prepare for Sunday's trip to Detroit.
Safety Atari Bigby practiced in pads Thursday, as did Chad Clifton, meaning Clifton cleared his concussion tests and should play Sunday.
Charles Woodson also returned for limited work one day after spraining his ankle.
Woodson appeared dejected after injuring the ankle Wednesday in practice, but he returned for the job-through Thursday and seemed to move around without much problem.
Woodson has played through a variety of ailments over the last few seasons, including a shoulder injury and turf toe. Not having him on the field Sunday is not an option in the minds of his teammates.
"I can't imagine Charles not playing. I would be shocked if he's not out there. You can't replace him because of everything he does for our team," Packers linebacker Desmond Bishop said.
"He's one of our best defenders -- if not the best -- so we want to have him out there. But at the same time, we have had guys step in and perform every week," defensive tackle Ryan Pickett said.

Most hate Atari....he's ok when healthy and happy with Peprah, as we have depth then. Skin wants to kill me......lol....Atari is pretty good on RB stopping and fluke INT's.....but Peprah is pretty good too...so I'm cool.

I just got back here on Rats so I don't know what the Rat collection says about CW, but hell that cat can play. TWill might be better on plays/phsically this year in 2010, but CW is still a beast and would love this guy being a captain on ANY team in 2010 this year as far as being able to be a top-notch NFL player. CW is a beast (stripping....INT'ing balls....just a playmaker).

Bretsky
12-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Count me in with Skin on the video game's play

Fritz
12-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Well, with Anthony Smith out, they'll need Slugby on special teams, right? And for depth at safety?

steve823
12-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Good news on Woodson and Clifton, but I was hoping to see that Jenkins would play next week vs the Pats. Damn.

SnakeLH2006
12-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Well, with Anthony Smith out, they'll need Slugby on special teams, right? And for depth at safety?

Slugby...I missed the lingo as I just back on here....I kinda like it. Atari is deece at best (you have to be able to play to be good in the NFL...and he's not able to play much). Peprah has surprised Snake a bit as I used to lump him in with Jarrett Bush, but really I think the coaching from Dom and his D-staff has been exceptional. Good player become elite (TWill, CWood, Collins, etc.) and lackeys become pretty deece (Hawk, Peprah, Zombo, etc.). Much credit to the coaches in GB, but I see now that Atari is not that great, else he'd be playing. Besides, his best attribute was his hitting ability, and that is moot now with the NFL no-tolerance policy on hits. Atari goes the way I used to think of Brett Favre. Good when they can be on the field healthy, but worthless if you can't stay off IR/injury list or play effectively and help your team.

Somewhere Skin is smiling. :)

BTW, Fritz...I missed ya buddy. How the hell is Drew Barrymore doing nowadays. I haven't seen a new movie from her in the past year. Are you keeping her busy?

Tony Oday
12-12-2010, 12:45 AM
Whoa there Snake Hawk is a lackey? I think he has show that he can implement the system and make sure his guys get the right calls on D...

SnakeLH2006
12-12-2010, 01:03 AM
Whoa there Snake Hawk is a lackey? I think he has show that he can implement the system and make sure his guys get the right calls on D...

I just got back on here, but is PR a fan-club for Hawk? He's been deece this year, but still is not a 3-down LB. His inefficiency covering a TE is proven year after year, and he can't sack a QB (no sacks in 2010).

I gave Hawk a huge compliment saying he was good this year, but a former lackey. He has a long way to go to be an elite force in the NFL in my opinion. He's a deece LB, better than most, but really, he's nothing exceptional. I'd take the younger Zombo, at 1/30th of Hawk's salary and say he has a better future in GB. He has 4 sacks, is young, isn't paid anything, and has better instincts. BTW, I said Hawk was a lackey, not is, but regardless, I'd take Zombo over Hawk in the future anyday...and maybe even NOW given Zombo offers a pass rush.

Maybe Hawk can be a coach someday. Give it 3 years when he retires after faded outing as Detroit Lion. He seems to be football smart, but his execution is lacking. I'd take a hungry min. wage undrafted rookie that shows talent anyday over an overpaid over-hyped cat that couldn't cover a 3rd string TE in pass-coverage or sack a QB for his life. The only thing Hawk has going for him is his hyperbaric chamber (that's cool) and his hot wife.

BobDobbs
12-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Zombo and Hawk play different positions, so we're not really going to make that choice. The real deal is that Barnett is coming off of injury, Bishop isn't under contract, and Hawk has to be renegotiated. I'd be really surprised if all three are on the team next year. That's where TT makes his money. Who do we keep in the middle?