PDA

View Full Version : GET REAL ANALYSIS; THE TWO GAMES THAT TERRIFY.....WHICH DO WE WIN ?

Bretsky
12-11-2010, 08:23 AM
Let's get real here

Detroit is still a pretender. Their defense still has a ways to go and the offense is effective but raw. If our coaches have them ready to play,no way do we lose this game. Contain Calvin, and light up their offense. No Way do we lose that game unless we've grossly underestimated how good this team is.

DA BEARS- GMAFB.....one of my favorite abbreviations. Give Me A .... Break
This is a team that has caught every imaginable break this season. They are where they are due to dumb luck (reminds me of the 13-3 season and then a quick bounce from the playoffs when talent level caught up with them), superior coaching, and special teams play. Lovie Smith IMO is average, but KUDOS to the Bears for surrounding him with what may be the best assistant coaching crew in the NFL. Former head coaches....former coordinators....Mike Tice (stellar OL coach)....this is a disciplined team that does all the little things right and that is a tribute to the overall coaching staff. But talent level, eventually, has tocatch up with this team, and that will happen on the final game of the season. If Shawn Sloppy Stinky Slocum can at least get our ST to play average, we should win that game in double digits.

THESE ARE THE GAMES THAT TRULY SCARE ME.........HOW DO YOU THINK WE FARE ?

1. HOODY AT HOME. There is only one Hoody Genius even though there have been several trying to duplicate the act. Add the top QB in the game to the best NFL coach since Vince Lombardi in Bill Bellichek + having to play them at home and that is a very very tough game. Them seem relatively healthy. Hoody will devise a scheme on defense that GB has not seen yet; he seems to do it every week. But I'm not sure NE can stop our offense either. On Offense, Hoody will find a way to expoose some of our backups. They should light us up on offense as well. Turnovers might determine the winner.........and I close my eyes when I say this, but special teams might have a say as well. I think this is our toughest game left and do not like our odds. I think the Pats win in a great game to watch and a heartbreaker at the end.

2. THE TEAM BUILT TO PLAY AT LAMBEAU- Crap.........they are coming. REMEMBER THE TITANS.....great movie with awesome ending...REMEMBER THE GIANTS......great story with a horrible ending !!!

At one point this year people were crowning their asses as the best team in the NFC. Then some injuries and turnovers came and the meltdown looked like it was beginning. And right when you think they are free falling, they surprise everybody and start their run. Looks like a scary team, very scary. One by one they are getting some banged up players healthy and some injured players back. They are looking like an incredibly balance team. Pretty solid run game.......pretty dangerous pass game. Perfect for a slow down cold weathered game on grass.

This team is built very strong on the OL and the DL. They are built to come into Lambeau with a balance running attack in December and control the game clock and if they are able to convert a good percentage of their third down attempts we might be in trouble. They have a stellar DL and can shut down most run attacks. If you are a believer that when the weather gets cold and crappy teams need to have good balance on both sides of the offense this game might terrify you. A loss to the Giants would not at all suprise me.......but I'm putting da Home Shades on for this game and predicting a close Packer Win at Home.

what are your thoughts at the remaining challenges ?

I say you can get the chalk up the Lions and Bears as wins. Take it to the Bank.
But the Bank is terrified of Hoody at Home and the Titans/Giants coming to Lambeau

Agree or Disagree ????

RashanGary
12-11-2010, 08:32 AM
The Patriots game we're pretty much toast. Brady protects the ball better than anyone in the game. He's not choking it away with a pick, which is probably the only way we beat them because everyone knows we're not doing it on ST's.

I like our chances against the other three just because we have the best QB far and away and comparable teams, but odds are we drop one of those too. It's going to be a battle to the end. Hopefully the winner of the Bears/Packers game takes the NFC North.

This has been a really bad year for us, injury wise. I'd be ecstatic with one playoff victory and out.

If the Bears beat the Patriots this week we might as well hand them the division.

Tough year.

Pugger
12-11-2010, 09:07 AM
The Packers offensively are one of the few teams that can go toe to toe with NE but I doubt we'll win that game either. It does seem like it is the bare's year so if they somehow beat NE tomorrow they'll win the division. Eww. :-p We should concentrate on going at least 3-1 the rest of the way and grab one of the wild card spots - the Saints will probably get one of them - or maybe the division should those darn bare's hopefully stumble. Our goal should be to get into the post season one way or another and then anything can happen.

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-11-2010, 09:22 AM
The Patriots game we're pretty much toast. Brady protects the ball better than anyone in the game. He's not choking it away with a pick, which is probably the only way we beat them because everyone knows we're not doing it on ST's.

I like our chances against the other three just because we have the best QB far and away and comparable teams, but odds are we drop one of those too. It's going to be a battle to the end. Hopefully the winner of the Bears/Packers game takes the NFC North.

This has been a really bad year for us, injury wise. I'd be ecstatic with one playoff victory and out.

If the Bears beat the Patriots this week we might as well hand them the division.

Tough year.

Take away the injury to Grant and Finley, and if Jolly didn't get suspended I think we still have the best team in football with all the other injuries we have had this year. Chillars injury hurts too though.

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-11-2010, 10:36 AM
I look at it like this. We have to win against the Lions without question. Then I'm fully expecting us to lose against the Pats. That would leave us at 9-5 with two games left. Depending on how the Bears do in those two games tells us whether we have a shot at the division. If they go 2-0, we HAVE to beat the Giants and they HAVE to lose to the Vikings. Then the division title comes down to the last game of the season.

If the bears win the next three, I believe the Bears will have the division wrapped up by the last week b/c as I said I don't see us beating the Pats on the road.

I have a feeling that if the Bears game is not for the division title, the Giants game will decide a wild card spot. Basically, beat the Lions (absolute must win) and beat the Giants and we are in as a 6th seat (don't forget we beat the Eagles week one). If we beat the Lions and Giants and lose the other two we will get in as the 6th seed with just the Giants losing one of the other three games they have (unless TB gets hot). So I see the Lions and the Giants games as must wins b/c I think that will get us in at least as a wild card spot. If we do that and the Bears slip us along the way the last week of the season could be for the division AND a first round bye.

TB makes things harder to forecast. If you look at their schedule it is a piece of cake. With that said I don't think they win out. But if they go 10-6 and the Giants and Packers go 10-6, you can throw away the head to head win over the Giants b/c it would be a three way tie breaker situation. Then again the Eagles could also finish 10-6 and that would be really hard to figure out who is in and who is out.

But for this week we have to beat the Lions or we have no shot at the playoffs.

Bretsky
12-11-2010, 10:36 AM
We've lost our four games by a total of like 12pts. We're a competent special teams coach away from being 10-2 right now. Amazing Dom has overcome all these injuries.

I think we need to go 3-1 or we don't get to the playoffs

If the Bears beat the Genius this could become a nightmare

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-11-2010, 11:16 AM
We've lost our four games by a total of like 12pts. We're a competent special teams coach away from being 10-2 right now. Amazing Dom has overcome all these injuries.

I think we need to go 3-1 or we don't get to the playoffs

If the Bears beat the Genius this could become a nightmare

11-5 should be good enough in get in. The only way we miss the playoffs 11-5 is if we beat the Pats and loss to the Giants and a lot of other stuff happens. The Bucs would need to win out, the Bears would need to finish 12-4 with the only loss against us, and the Giants and Saints would need to finish 11-5 or better. Very very unlikely. 11-5 should be good enough, but I'm pretty sure at least one 10-6 will not make the playoffs this year in the NFC.

Tony Oday
12-11-2010, 12:01 PM
We win them both!

steve823
12-11-2010, 12:23 PM
All this negative talk about the Pats reminds me of when the Packers played the Jets. Oh man we're toast, Ryan will throw so many blitzes at us, we can't stop their run game, "add other negative comment here" , etc.

Obviously the Patriots are playing great football and they've won 26 straight games at home with Tom Brady at helm, but it will be a good game. Their defense is horrible (despite people thinking it got better vs. the Jets ..Jets have NO OFFENSE), while their offense is playing lights out. I honestly think the Packers can win this game, but they will have to be disciplined, win the turnover battle (there shouldn't be many on either side), and MM will need to come out with a good game plan.

There are many great games coming up, and I can't think of a more exciting stretch of games the Packers have played in a while. I'm just going to take it one game at a time though and worry about the Lions, until Sunday is over.

The Weasel
12-11-2010, 01:25 PM

Tough year.

The Bears have been so damn lucky this year, I think their luck will run out against the Pats, and our defense is playing awesome right now. We have a really good shot at beating the Pats.

We win them both!

Our team can definitely do it.

Bretsky
12-12-2010, 08:22 PM
this thread blows and so did the idiotic logic that was used to start it :(

retailguy
12-12-2010, 08:39 PM
this thread blows and so did the idiotic logic that was used to start it :(

I forgive you, it's obvious - you just believed all the kool aid optimism you've read here for the past 4 years. (Could've happened to anyone). ;)