PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick of

RashanGary
12-11-2010, 08:46 AM
Add your own. . . .

I'm sick of Mike McCarthy coming out year after year with too much volume in his playbook. Year after year we struggle out of the gates only to have McCarthy cut back on the volume of plays, Rodgers to say he's more comfortable with the more basic play calls and the offense to take off. . . .

We have Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings and when healthy, Jermichael Finley along with several other good players. We don't need to go out there and trick anyone. Rodgers can throw as well as anyone in the league and our perimeter guys can run routes, catch and run after the catch as well as anyone. Why we're trying to outsmart everyone, I don't know. The fact is, we can line up and outplay them.

Get over yourself Mike McCarthy. This is about the players, not you.

Pugger
12-11-2010, 08:56 AM
all the injuries we've had to endure! I almost hate to go to the GBP-G OR MJS sites and hear about yet another of our guys hobbling. When I think of what could have been this season. *sigh* I truly believe had we had a "normal" amount of bumps and bruises we'd be where Atlanta is today. :(

sheepshead
12-11-2010, 10:02 AM
I've been a critic of MM since he got here, particularly with all the penalties the last two seasons. I think he's done a heck of a job this year. He isnt(or no one for that matter) going to get every call under pressure. So I dont get down on him too much for that. (is record for challenges is good as I recall). I think you do need something different every week. Look, how do you think the Patriots are so successful year after year? Its cut off hoodies attention to detail and his knowledge of his opponent.

Patler
12-11-2010, 10:02 AM
I'm sick of the kickoff coverage team disappointing us year after year after year. Special teams in general, but kickoff coverage especially, since allowing a good return often negates the momentum gained from just having scored, and has often put the opposing team in good position to retake a lead just captured by the Packers.

Year after year we hear of more and more guys added to the roster who are supposed to be ST demons, guys known for good ST play. Why do they so often screw up in GB??

Bretsky
12-11-2010, 10:29 AM
JH brings out a great point I had never really broken down. I think this is the second year we've heard this....cutting back the playbook and then the offense excels

Bretsky
12-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Kudos to Patler as well
I'm sick of watching AROD engineering a nice TD drive to win and my only thoughts are WE LEFT THEM WITH TOO MUCH TIME because the coverage units will F it up

The Weasel
12-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Special Teams: They have given up so many yards and big plays.:doh:

pbmax
12-11-2010, 02:12 PM
I third the kickoff coverage complaints and hope Bigby starting to play might help there.

I hate when a short pass is completed on 3rd and long and there is forever between the receiver and the LBs or safety. Some of this is coverage (report had them playing some man underneath, no one is facing the QB to help make the tackle) but some of this is speed and confidence in making a tackle while closing in fast.

Cheesehead Craig
12-11-2010, 02:37 PM
4th-ing the kickoff coverage ineptitude. Either get a decent coach or just tell Crosby to kick it out of the endzone every time.

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Add your own. . . .

I'm sick of Mike McCarthy coming out year after year with too much volume in his playbook. Year after year we struggle out of the gates only to have McCarthy cut back on the volume of plays, Rodgers to say he's more comfortable with the more basic play calls and the offense to take off. . . .

We have Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings and when healthy, Jermichael Finley along with several other good players. We don't need to go out there and trick anyone. Rodgers can throw as well as anyone in the league and our perimeter guys can run routes, catch and run after the catch as well as anyone. Why we're trying to outsmart everyone, I don't know. The fact is, we can line up and outplay them.

Get over yourself Mike McCarthy. This is about the players, not you.

+1! I never understand it. In the preseason I thought were going to destory coming out the gate. Add to that MM's game management, that is one of the reasons I never have much hope in close games.

Scott Campbell
12-11-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm sick of empty backfields on first down. I like play action.

gbgary
12-11-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm sick of empty backfields on first down. I like play action.

i was about to say the shotgun...for the same reason. when he's back there by himself it's open season on him. with a back, or two, with him there's a little bit of a question what we're going to do.

Tony Oday
12-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Im sick of Crosby missing kicks

Im sick of injuries this year

Im sick of ST in general...bleh

Im sick of people saying TT doesnt sign FA

RashanGary
12-11-2010, 05:14 PM
This is a dead horse, but I'm sick of Brandon Jackson hesitating at the hole just to have the hole collapse and bury him 3 yards back. I'm sicker yet of him running right past the hole laterally, getting to the sideline, turning around, running laterally and backward for a few yards and getting burried for a 5 yard loss.

Fosco33
12-11-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm sick of the Bears getting lucky:

Wins vs. Lions (twice) and Packers - questionable calls w/ Lions and pure luck (18 penalties, Jones fumble and non-Collins INT)

Home games against Skins, Eagles, Patriots and Jets (all teams the Pack has on the road)
and the Panthers instead of Falcons (Seahawks/Niners are equal; Pack got Bills/Fins at home while Chicago travelled for them)

SnakeLH2006
12-12-2010, 01:38 AM
I'm sick of "I'm sick of" threads. MM has done well this year and if I could figure out how to change my avatar and post a pic in my sig I'd do it.

packrulz
12-12-2010, 05:23 AM
I'm sick of "I'm sick of" threads. MM has done well this year and if I could figure out how to change my avatar and post a pic in my sig I'd do it.

I tend to agree, I think M3 has done a remarkable job considering how many starters they lost to injury. ARod has as much freedom as any QB to change plays at the line of scrimmage, and it's pretty hard to "simplify" an offense much when you have 5 wide receivers lining up, they aren't like the Bears. I do blame M3 for not throwing a flag on the Tony Gonzalez reception. The struggles on special teams are as much due to injuries as anything, it's hard to get 11 guys on the same page when you're juggling players all the time. I am against having Tramon Williams returning punts, if he gets hurt, it will be devastating. Crosby has a great leg, his kickoffs are fine, it seems like he lost his stroke a bit, sort of like a golfer, but I think he'll get it back. I was at the Dallas game and I was watching Masthay punting in warmups and I can see why the Packers were impressed with him, high booming punts that hang forever, and he was kicking with precision to the corners, he'll struggle in the cold, but he's getting better and better. The defense under Capers has been stellar even with all the injuries, Capers understands how to cover any weaknesses, is willing to take chances, and is one of the best coaches on the team. I think it's all coming together, if Starks turns out to be a Grant clone RB, one that can also catch, I think the Packers can run the table, including the Patriots, it would be hard to get sick of that.

Spaulding
12-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Failed short yardage 3rd or 4th down conversions. Guess we need to correct the pad level and execute better rather though with our patented fullback/halfback dive play :)

MichiganPackerFan
12-13-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm sick of the endless list of injuries that really wrecked the season a couple months back.

I am also REALLY FUCKING SICK of one-sided officiating against us in big games.