PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again...

MJZiggy
12-12-2010, 07:42 AM
I've been slow committing the cash to replace my Canon S3IS, but I've been looking more seriously lately. The feature I love most about that camera is the flip screen. The Nikon D5000 has a flip screen, but the hinge is on the bottom. I noticed that the Canon just came out with the D60 which also has the screen, but a $1k price tag that I'm not sure I can afford. When I looked at the D60, I noticed a Lumix and a Sony both had the screen, but am not sure how good the cameras are. Thought's? Ideas? Should I go for it now or wait to see if more come out with the flip screen? Do we think the price on that D60 might come down?

Little Whiskey
12-12-2010, 06:59 PM
just use your new phone instead. spend the cash on beer and women.

MJZiggy
12-12-2010, 07:38 PM
just use your new phone instead. spend the cash on beer and women.

Two things: 1. The phone's a Droid A855. 5mpx camera that shoots grainy indoors. 2. What's wrong with you, son? I like men and I have one I like a LOT. Bretsky put you up to that, didn't he?

HowardRoark
12-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Two things: 1. The phone's a Droid A855. 5mpx camera that shoots grainy indoors. 2. What's wrong with you, son? I like men and I have one I like a LOT. Bretsky put you up to that, didn't he?

Fine. Then spend the money on beer and women for us.

MJZiggy
12-12-2010, 08:22 PM

The only way I can realistically get women for you is to send photos of them. For that I'd need a decent camera...

retailguy
12-12-2010, 08:22 PM

How about beer & women for her boyfriend? Maybe she could join in the fun? :grin:

MJZiggy
12-12-2010, 08:23 PM
How about beer & women for her boyfriend? Maybe she could join in the fun? :grin:

He drinks the same kind of beer you do. And he has his hands full with me...

MJZiggy
12-12-2010, 08:24 PM
By the way, can we getback to the discussion on cameras?

retailguy
12-12-2010, 08:26 PM
By the way, can we getback to the discussion on cameras?

LOL. Other than Campbell, none of us know much about them. And Campbell is so distracted over Favre, he's forgotten that they still make and sell cameras.

MJZiggy
12-12-2010, 09:01 PM
LOL. Other than Campbell, none of us know much about them. And Campbell is so distracted over Favre, he's forgotten that they still make and sell cameras.

You'd think he'd have some opinion about the quality of the equipment used to get those shots and quality of composition or something like that...

Little Whiskey
12-13-2010, 07:01 AM
I'd ask GBrulz. cameras are her thing.