PDA

View Full Version : new member....

Pack_Attack
08-07-2006, 10:59 PM
I would like to drop a line and say hello!! lifelong Packers fan (all of 24 years) here, and this looked like a neat site so I joined!!!

are there any trolls I gotta watch out for??

thanks for the info and I hope its a great season for us!!

GBRulz
08-07-2006, 11:06 PM
hi Pack, welcome !

Yeah, we have a Viking Troll here, but see, he's not your everyday normal troll...he's actually a nice guy but we have to call him a troll because he likes men in purple tights. :wink:

Partial
08-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Welcome to the forum!

swede
08-07-2006, 11:08 PM
Welcome aboard.

This is a great site. Look forward to hearing what you have to say. We have trolls, but some of them are among our better citizens. Peace and understanding and football love are all you find here.

If you don't like barnyard love affairs avoid Murph, otherwise what comes around goes around.

swede

Pack_Attack
08-07-2006, 11:10 PM
thanks for the welcome!! compared to that trash ESPN Packers board that is retardely over-run with trolls, this site should be heaven!!

HarveyWallbangers
08-07-2006, 11:46 PM
Welcome. You'll want to avoid the Michigan troll, bulldog.

MadtownPacker
08-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Welcome Pack Attack, your just in time for the season. :cool:

FritzDontBlitz
08-08-2006, 12:26 AM
welcome to the hood, pack.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-08-2006, 06:29 AM
Welcome! You should really enjoy it here, good people.

woodbuck27
08-08-2006, 07:03 AM
Hey Pack_Attack, nice avatar.

Thank yourself, for coming on down to OUR/your Packer Forum. :mrgreen:

HOLD THE FAITH - GO PACKERS in 2006 !

Rastak
08-08-2006, 07:29 AM
I would like to drop a line and say hello!! lifelong Packers fan (all of 24 years) here, and this looked like a neat site so I joined!!!

are there any trolls I gotta watch out for??

thanks for the info and I hope its a great season for us!!

Well I'm the official troll....you don't have to look out for me, I'm relatively harmless.

Welcome to the site.

Bretsky
08-08-2006, 08:04 AM
Welcome Pack Attack !

Sparkey
08-08-2006, 08:13 AM
blah blah blah....

MJZiggy
08-08-2006, 08:21 AM
Glad you could join us, Pack Attack. I'm sure you will like this site with all the knowledge contained here. These guys are great.

jack's smirking revenge
08-08-2006, 09:19 AM
Welcome Pack_Attack!

tyler

mission
08-08-2006, 05:21 PM
welcome dude!

im new as well... a yankee in the south... from monroe/madison/milwaukee. green and gold in the blood baby! :razz:

Jimx29
08-08-2006, 05:35 PM
greetings Pack

Watch out for the northern Wisconsin polocks and you'll be fine http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/numbnutz/smilies/smilie_wink3.gif

chewy-bacca
08-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Hello all, Im new here too! Always looking for another packers "outlet" :cool:

was born in Appleton then got draged to FLA.

I might be one of dem there polocks cyberski refers to. :oops:

MJZiggy
08-08-2006, 06:47 PM
The best one's right here.

gbgary
08-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Hello all, Im new here too! Always looking for another packers "outlet" :cool:

me too. great site!

Bretsky
08-09-2006, 12:50 AM
Welcome Gary and Chewy

B

Packers4Glory
08-09-2006, 03:18 AM
ahh finally a real packer message board that is similar to my St.louis Cardinal forum I frequent. I look forward to spending my nights at work here. I think the pack will suprise alot of people this yr. The team was in nearly every game last yr despite playing 2nd,3rd, 4th, and practice squad players big minutes.

Anyone thinking Favre is washed up because of the INT's are just repeating what some dumbass said on the Epstein Steinbrenner Sports Network. Bad decisions, poor supporting cast, poor line does not = washed up.

MJZiggy
08-09-2006, 07:54 AM
Wow. Great to see the new faces (and ideas). Welcome everyone, enjoy the forum.

chewy-bacca
08-09-2006, 07:55 AM
Bretsky.....I know you! I see a bunch of names from other boards here. :D

Bretsky
08-09-2006, 08:32 AM
ahh finally a real packer message board that is similar to my St.louis Cardinal forum I frequent. I look forward to spending my nights at work here. I think the pack will suprise alot of people this yr. The team was in nearly every game last yr despite playing 2nd,3rd, 4th, and practice squad players big minutes.

Anyone thinking Favre is washed up because of the INT's are just repeating what some dumbass said on the Epstein Steinbrenner Sports Network. Bad decisions, poor supporting cast, poor line does not = washed up.

Welcomt to PR, and I agree it cant' get any worse than 4-12. Favre still has plenty of talent to be successful if he has a supporting cast.

But truth be told, the end result of this season will be mostly determined by our OL; at the end of this year we'll either be praising TT for sinking or swimming with youth on that interior OL or tearning him down for not bringint in a Vet or two to stabalize the OL while the young guys develop.
Here's to hoping they are ready.

B

GBRulz
08-09-2006, 08:43 AM
hi Chewy and Gary!

Astonishment
08-09-2006, 08:48 AM
I am a new memeber as well. I just found the site yesterday, and read alot of the topics. This seems to have a very knowledgable base and I look forward to posting here in the future, and since this looks like the official new member sign in I'll sign in :smile:

MJZiggy
08-09-2006, 08:49 AM
Cool avatar Astonishment!! Welcome.

chewy-bacca
08-09-2006, 08:54 AM
hi Chewy and Gary!

Miss. GB, nice to see you! Did everyone secretly move here at some point, or is this just the "underground"?

GBRulz
08-09-2006, 08:57 AM
We've been here since March I think?

Many got sick of all the immaturity going on at JSO. We left there and went to a forum that upnorthfan set up for us on his site, then Mad and Harlan started up PR, we've been here ever since!

I haven't read JSO in ages, but from what I understand, there were alot of references to PR and how many of us came here. I'm glad that you found us, it's good to see you again :D

chewy-bacca
08-09-2006, 09:01 AM
wow, this is Mad and ole' blues site :shock:

yeah, I pretty much became a lurker on that board after last season. However , it seems all the "cool" ppl are in here so it will be fun again!!

and now that I got the avatar workin, Im right at home :mrgreen:

I'm glad that you found us, it's good to see you again

Me too!!

BooHoo
08-09-2006, 09:13 AM
wow, this is Mad and ole' blues site :shock:

yeah, I pretty much became a lurker on that board after last season. However , it seems all the "cool" ppl are in here so it will be fun again!!

and now that I got the avatar workin, Im right at home :mrgreen:

I'm glad that you found us, it's good to see you again

Me too!!

Welcome Chewy. Glad to see/read you again.

chewy-bacca
08-09-2006, 09:18 AM
thanks BooHoo, all you guys make me all warm and fuzzy :oops:

As anyone seen the poster known as "Bruce" in the other boards around here anywhere?? He always had the badass posts\stories with pics and stuff. I was thinking he might have found his way here.

Packnut
08-09-2006, 10:01 AM
Finally joined up today! I'm looking forward to talking some Packer football.

jack's smirking revenge
08-09-2006, 04:11 PM
A great, big Tyler Durden welcome to you all!

Now go and blow up a skyscraper.

Or post like mad (and not the crazy mexican), whatever works.

tyler

gbgary
08-09-2006, 08:47 PM
Welcome Gary and Chewy

B

hi Chewy and Gary!

thanks!!!

GrnBay007
08-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Welcome aboard to all the new members in this thread.....I recognize a couple names from jso. Great members!

31 DAYS, 18 HOURS TILL KICK OFF! :D

digitaldean
08-09-2006, 09:23 PM

Many got sick of all the immaturity going on at JSO. We left there and went to a forum that upnorthfan set up for us on his site, then Mad and Harlan started up PR, we've been here ever since!

I haven't read JSO in ages, but from what I understand, there were alot of references to PR and how many of us came here. I'm glad that you found us, it's good to see you again :D

Welcome to the new members! It's great to see this group grow! There are a few trolls but nowhere near as many as JSO.

There are quite a few posters at JSO (e.g., Tex) that have been doing nothing but bashing this forum. They're going as far as saying the members' list is overinflated with fake member names to make it seem larger than it is. Let 'em rant!

Again welcome! Post at this forum like they vote in Chicago... early and often! :smile:

GrnBay007
08-09-2006, 09:26 PM
Again welcome! Post at this forum like they vote in Chicago... early and often! :smile:

Yabba Dabba Dooo!!

I loved that cartoon. :razz:

Rastak
08-09-2006, 09:35 PM

Welcome to the new members! It's great to see this group grow! There are a few trolls but nowhere near as many as JSO.

There are quite a few posters at JSO (e.g., Tex) that have been doing nothing but bashing this forum. They're going as far as saying the members' list is overinflated with fake member names to make it seem larger than it is. Let 'em rant!

Hey digital, in all honesty I haven't seen any real trolls here. I guess it depends on how you define trolls but to me it's someone who purposely baits people or spams the forum with "anti-whatever the forum is about" posts. I really don't see that here. How do you define a troll? Just out of curiosity.....

digitaldean
08-09-2006, 09:57 PM
Rastak,

I have should have been more clear. I have noticed only 1 or 2 instances of what I would define as a troll. (like ones that post on JSO like "Da Baddest Bear" - though re-checking through his posts they haven't been as hostile).

Either way, I'd much rather be here. JSO has descended into a childish, spleen-venting free for all.

Hope that clarifies it. Again, if I have overstated it, I stand corrected. :oops:

Hey digital, in all honesty I haven't seen any real trolls here. I guess it depends on how you define trolls but to me it's someone who purposely baits people or spams the forum with "anti-whatever the forum is about" posts. I really don't see that here. How do you define a troll? Just out of curiosity.....[/quote]

HarveyWallbangers
08-09-2006, 10:11 PM
This may sound bad. We have a good group. I hope this place doesn't get overrun like JSO. The good thing is that the malcontents that like to jump on JSO just to vent after a loss, will likely not know this place exists.

Rastak
08-09-2006, 10:32 PM
Rastak,

I have should have been more clear. I have noticed only 1 or 2 instances of what I would define as a troll. (like ones that post on JSO like "Da Baddest Bear" - though re-checking through his posts they haven't been as hostile).

Either way, I'd much rather be here. JSO has descended into a childish, spleen-venting free for all.

Hope that clarifies it. Again, if I have overstated it, I stand corrected. :oops:

Hey digital, in all honesty I haven't seen any real trolls here. I guess it depends on how you define trolls but to me it's someone who purposely baits people or spams the forum with "anti-whatever the forum is about" posts. I really don't see that here. How do you define a troll? Just out of curiosity.....[/quote]

Digital, I got ya and I agree...JSO had some really bad trolls....a couple Viking ones and a bunch of Bear ones and I think one Lion troll....I haven't seen much of that here, including baddest bear.

GrnBay007
08-09-2006, 10:41 PM
Remember the "older" days at JSO (pre bad troll days AKA before the bears had a winning season) when every now and then a poster would come on from the team the Packers were playing the following week and have some really good conversation about the upcomming game? That was nice.

Scott Campbell
08-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Remember the "older" days at JSO (pre bad troll days AKA before the bears had a winning season) when every now and then a poster would come on from the team the Packers were playing the following week and have some really good conversation about the upcomming game? That was nice.

I remember. We had a good thing going, and sort of self policed the place. That Browns fan with the pic of a disabled Kellen Winslow on a motor scooter was hilarious.

Maybe we could send a weekly recruiter to opposing team forums? Execpt for the Bears. I don't need to hear from those guys.

GBRulz
08-10-2006, 12:34 AM

Who is Tex?

GrnBay007
08-10-2006, 12:36 AM
Who is Tex?

You liberal ingrate!! :razz: :wink:

GBRulz
08-10-2006, 12:40 AM
LMAO - I was waiting for someone to just say "texaspackerbacker"

you're pretty alert for almost 1 am...what's in the glass tonight?

GrnBay007
08-10-2006, 12:57 AM
LMAO - I was waiting for someone to just say "texaspackerbacker"

you're pretty alert for almost 1 am...what's in the glass tonight?

Not what I would like it to be. :D

Willard
08-10-2006, 01:35 AM
Rastak,

I have just vented my spleen and now predict a division championship for the Green Bay Packers.