PDA

View Full Version : 12/12 Other games thread

Bossman641
12-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Soldier field is a mess.

Let's go Patriots!!

mmmdk
12-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Saints stepping up game. Up 7-0 & just created turnover !

gbgary
12-12-2010, 03:26 PM
yeah...go pats.

gbgary
12-12-2010, 03:30 PM
patriots marching right down the field. bears don't have a chance. i'm calling game over now and the pats haven't even scored yet.

Bossman641
12-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Patriots up 7-0.

mmmdk
12-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Champs 14 Lambs 0

Bossman641
12-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Near disaster for the Bears. They fumble the kickoff and a Patriot jumps on it but it squirted out and Bears recovered.

I would love to see NE get up 14 and see Bears put it in Cutler's hands.

Bossman641
12-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Patriots are moving the ball all over the Bears. I am really impressed with their run game. The holes they create are huge.

retailguy
12-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Near disaster for the Bears. They fumble the kickoff and a Patriot jumps on it but it squirted out and Bears recovered.

I would love to see NE get up 14 and see Bears put it in Cutler's hands.

Wish granted ;)

Bossman641
12-12-2010, 03:57 PM
14-0 Patriots on a Woodhead TD.

Come on NE. Embarrass the Bears.

steve823
12-12-2010, 04:01 PM
So WHEN the Bears lose, they'll be 9-4 and we'll be 8-5. We will still control our own destiny and there will be no excuses if we don't make it.

steve823
12-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Wow .. TD on fumble. 21-0

easy cheesy
12-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Hell yeah!!! The Seachickens are taking a dump to San Francisco thus far. Pete Carroll pisses me off to NO END and I HATE the NFC West. (Deep rooted issues... don't ask)
ANYWOOHHHHHH.... Otherwise this week in football, up to this current moment, has been a complete shitstorm for me...... BLECHHHHH.... except for 'da Bears.... I hold out hope for a total "dump" on the field there...... Well... as I live and breathe and type and listen to my tele.... seems that Brady and CO. have made yet another great play.... although Chicago is naturally challenging the ruling on the field.... ahhhhhhhhh.... and the ruling on the field stands.....

mmmdk
12-12-2010, 04:09 PM
So WHEN the Bears lose, they'll be 9-4 and we'll be 8-5. We will still control our own destiny and there will be no excuses if we don't make it.

It's december football and at New England is next for Packers - a loss for sure. The Q is rather: will Packers have a win season? I think so - Packers will go 1-2 and hopefully we beat Bears. Giants game is close to a 50-50 game but Pack OL is taking steps back, as is play calling & offense still is out of sinc. 2-1 not impossible but Pats will virtually "end" our season next week.

Bossman641
12-12-2010, 04:10 PM

Actually I think we need help from the Vikings. Assuming we win out, we would have 2 division losses. Bears would only have 1. We need Minn to beat the Bears. That's why today's shit show was so bad.

easy cheesy
12-12-2010, 04:12 PM
It's december football and at New England is next for Packers - a loss for sure. The Q is rather: will Packers have a win season? I think so - Packers will go 1-2 and hopefully we beat Bears. Giants game is close to a 50-50 game but Pack OL is taking steps back, as is play calling & offense still is out of sinc. 2-1 not impossible but Pats will virtually "end" our season next week.

Nothing, and I mean "NOTHING" is "for sure".....

retailguy
12-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Actually I think we need help from the Vikings. Assuming we win out, we would have 2 division losses. Bears would only have 1. We need Minn to beat the Bears. That's why today's shit show was so bad.

yes. This was the one game we couldn't lose. The rest of them? Bad, but not that bad. This one hurt. Now math comes into play.

mmmdk
12-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Nothing, and I mean "NOTHING" is "for sure".....

Ok, captain obvious! Wanna bet then?

steve823
12-12-2010, 04:18 PM

Well if we win out wouldn't we just need one Bears loss . If Bears lose to Pats (looks very likely) and Jets, and we beat the Pats - we're even by next week. If we're tied whoever wins the final game of the year gets in. Of course winning out isn't easy at all especially when we play the Patriots and Giants, but us getting beat by the Lions could be a good thing. Hopefully the Packers will be pissed and want to redeem themselves next week vs the Pats on prime time.

easy cheesy
12-12-2010, 04:20 PM
WEEEEEEE!!!!! I'm soooooo happy that San Francisco is beating up on the "Hawks"....... GAWD .... this city is so full of fair weather asshats it's not even funny.... I could give two toots less about San Fran... BUT... they are beating the Seahawks, and that's a beautiful thing..... ***sigh***... What a piece of crap division.....

mmmdk
12-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Well if we win out wouldn't we just need one Bears loss . If Bears lose to Pats (looks very likely) and Jets, and we beat the Pats - we're even by next week. If we're tied whoever wins the final game of the year gets in. Of course winning out isn't easy at all especially when we play the Patriots and Giants, but us getting beat by the Lions could be a good thing. Hopefully the Packers will be pissed and want to redeem themselves next week vs the Pats on prime time.

Sugary popcorn with a hint of Xanax for prime time :drma:

easy cheesy
12-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Ok, captain obvious! Wanna bet then?

What do you want to bet? I'm not a Captain but I've got a crunch.... bring it....

Bossman641
12-12-2010, 04:26 PM

Yes, after the Bears lose today they need another loss. The preference would be for them to lose to Minn. That way we could (possibly) end up tied with the Bears record wise and still win the division. I say possibly because I don't know how all the tiebreakers would work out after that.

We would have same record, same record head to head, same division record, same record vs NFC opponents. I dunno where it goes next from there.

steve823
12-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Sugary popcorn with a hint of Xanax for prime time :drma:

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you were one of those people who said the Jets were going to kill the Packers and whined about that game all week until the Packers won right? Patriots are playing great right now, but its the damn NFL and anything can happen in any week in case you didn't know (see this week).

steve823
12-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Yes, after the Bears lose today they need another loss. The preference would be for them to lose to Minn. That way we could (possibly) end up tied with the Bears record wise and still win the division. I say possibly because I don't know how all the tiebreakers would work out after that.

We would have same record, same record head to head, same division record, same record vs NFC opponents. I dunno where it goes next from there.

Thanks for a well thought out answer. It seems hard to get them after the Packers lose and the forum turns to gloom and doom.

There's nothing better then rooting against the Bears! Hopefully they fall apart in their final games...now that would be a beautiful sight (and not too unrealistic).

mmmdk
12-12-2010, 04:33 PM
What do you want to bet? I'm not a Captain but I've got a crunch.... bring it....

Good one ! That's pretty funny.

You live across the grand herring pond; so I guess bragging rights are on the line and I'll buy you beers if you should hit that narrow window in which I visit Lambeau. And vice versa.

mmmdk
12-12-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm going to take a wild guess and say you were one of those people who said the Jets were going to kill the Packers and whined about that game all week until the Packers won right? Patriots are playing great right now, but its the damn NFL and anything can happen in any week in case you didn't know (see this week).

You're making stuff up; calm down. My posts during Jets week are recorded - knock yourself out - and stop your whining over alledged whining.

I do get pretty miffed after Packer losses and I rant my "Fire Stubby" stuff. Just walk away [from my post Packer game posts]!

easy cheesy
12-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Good one ! That's pretty funny.

You live across the grand herring pond; so I guess bragging rights are on the line and I'll buy you beers if you should hit that narrow window in which I visit Lambeau. And vice versa.

It's on.... BOOYAH!!!! BTW... Herring sucks.... just sayin'.....

Bossman641
12-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Thanks for a well thought out answer. It seems hard to get them after the Packers lose and the forum turns to gloom and doom.

There's nothing better then rooting against the Bears! Hopefully they fall apart in their final games...now that would be a beautiful sight (and not too unrealistic).

No problem..and I know what you mean about the forum, although I can't really blame people after today. Today was a huge step back but until the Packers are officially out of it I'll keep the hope alive.

mmmdk
12-12-2010, 04:44 PM
It's on.... BOOYAH!!!! BTW... Herring sucks.... just sayin'.....

Deal ! Man, I still hope Packers win - I always do.

steve823
12-12-2010, 04:45 PM
You're making stuff up; calm down. My posts during Jets week are recorded - knock yourself out - and stop your whining over alledged whining.

I do get pretty miffed after Packer losses and I rant my "Fire Stubby" stuff. Just walk away!

I'm calm lol, I don't get worked up over the internet. I was just guessing, as I stated above, since I don't have the time or patience to look for a random persons posts from months ago. I'm not going to start arguing or responding to your type of posts then. My apologies if you thought I was angry or took a shot at you. Back to watching the Bears get killed after halftime.

mmmdk
12-12-2010, 04:45 PM
No problem..and I know what you mean about the forum, although I can't really blame people after today. Today was a huge step back but until the Packers are officially out of it I'll keep the hope alive.

Wise words, Bossman. I'm personally getting calmer by the minute :lol:

Packers4Glory
12-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Well, if we play teams w/ good D-lines we are F'd. Detroit just provided a blueprint to stopping this team w/ or w/o Rodgers.

easy cheesy
12-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Deal ! Man, I still hope Packers win - I always do.

Well, we'll hope for the best but it's not looking good. Can you even believe that divisions that are 6-6, barring finishes today, are going to shove out more qualified teams? As the commentator stated at his description of the Hindenberg catsatrophe.... "Oh the Humanity"....

Guiness
12-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Soldier field is a mess.

Let's go Patriots!!

I hate scoreboard watching, but we're in some kind of trouble if the Bears win this game.

just checked - 33-0 for the Pats at the half. Nice :wink:

mmmdk
12-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Well, we'll hope for the best but it's not looking good. Can you even believe that divisions that are 6-6, barring finishes today, are going to shove out more qualified teams? As the commentator stated at his description of the Hindenberg catsatrophe.... "Oh the Humanity"....

Sucks! Packers are so talented & injuries just pile up. Personally, I also lack faith in McCarthy as a SB coach but that's my prerogative.

easy cheesy
12-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Sucks! Packers are so talented & injuries just pile up. Personally, I also lack faith in McCarthy as a SB coach but that's my prerogative.

Definitely your "preorgative".... but I happen to concur.....***wink***

easy cheesy
12-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Cowboys need to ride the soft pony into oblivion tonght..... No offense to anyone.... BUT... the first bit of graffiti I read on a bathroom stall when I first moved to Denver was.... " Here I sit buns a 'flexin shittin' out another Texan"

Teamcheez1
12-12-2010, 08:41 PM
We're in serious jeopardy of missing the playoffs now.

To win the division, we can't just hope to beat the Bears at the end of the season and win a tiebreaker anymore. We really a need a Vikings win for this scenario to play out after this loss.

Assuming New Orleans wins the first wild card, we are competing with Philly, the Giants, and Bucs. We can win the tiebreakers with Philly and the Giants (need that win on the 26th). TB is the real problem. If we both end up at 10-6, I believe they win the tiebreaker for the wild card.

One way or the other, we don't control our destiny for any type of playoff spot.

Bretsky
12-12-2010, 08:43 PM
thanks for the good info TeamCheez, and welcome to PRats

The Vikings have to be our second favorite team for a couple of these games

easy cheesy
12-12-2010, 08:50 PM
The bottom line is you never want to rely on what someone else does. You want to win... WIN.... that being said.... the Packers shit the bed and we no longer control our destiny.

denverYooper
12-12-2010, 09:24 PM
That pick from Vick was nice :).

Bossman641
12-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Come on Dallas. Make the stop.

OS PA
12-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Whoops... >.<

mmmdk
12-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Eli int. and Vikings just converted on 4th and inches.

mmmdk
12-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Vikings 3 Giants zip

mmmdk
12-13-2010, 07:03 PM
2nd Eli int - is there a blue-purple color blindness disability at work here?

Little Whiskey
12-13-2010, 07:09 PM
why the hell did they have to bring that damn horn with them. i was kinda hoping that went down with the roof.

Pugger
12-13-2010, 07:09 PM
Evidently Eli is 0-4 against the queens.

Pugger
12-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Oh geez. Looks like the Gmen are in business.

Pugger
12-13-2010, 07:14 PM
why the hell did they have to bring that damn horn with them. i was kinda hoping that went down with the roof.

Maybe its a good thing I can't hear the game. :wink:

Pugger
12-13-2010, 07:14 PM
NY is gonna lose this challenge.

Little Whiskey
12-13-2010, 07:15 PM
pugger did you check the mute on the program?

maybe reload the site

mmmdk
12-13-2010, 07:17 PM
pugger did you check the mute on the program?

maybe reload the site

I don't think he can hear us...

Pugger
12-13-2010, 07:18 PM
I'll reload it at the next commercial.

Pugger
12-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Drat. I reloaded the page but no sound. Oh well, better than nothing. :pc:

Pugger
12-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Ok, down 4. Come on, you darn fools in purple! :-x

Pugger
12-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Good god, their O line is worse than ours!

mmmdk
12-13-2010, 07:27 PM
These are not the vikings we're looking for...

mmmdk
12-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Cool crowd - the wave :wave:

Teamcheez1
12-13-2010, 07:29 PM
I tuned in mid-first quarter. I don't think I've seen a camera shot or nary word about Favre not playing. I thought this would be a huge news item discussed ad nauseum during the game, but it almost seems as if they are ignoring the whole situation.

MJZiggy
12-13-2010, 07:43 PM
I tuned in mid-first quarter. I don't think I've seen a camera shot or nary word about Favre not playing. I thought this would be a huge news item discussed ad nauseum during the game, but it almost seems as if they are ignoring the whole situation.

Are you sure you didn't turn the Raven game on by mistake?

Pugger
12-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Gmen just scored again... :-p

mmmdk
12-13-2010, 07:50 PM
As I stated in another thread; you win your own games. I can't get worked up about not getting help. Sorry! Lastly, it's just not a bad feeling to see Vikings lose. :lol:

gbgary
12-13-2010, 07:53 PM
i was kinda surprised to see the minn/ny game on directv tonight. thought it was just going to be shown in their home markets.

MJZiggy
12-13-2010, 08:01 PM
i was kinda surprised to see the minn/ny game on directv tonight. thought it was just going to be shown in their home markets.
It's what we're paying for.

Freak Out
12-13-2010, 08:02 PM
Looks like we no help from the Purple Queens....imagine that.

Bossman641
12-13-2010, 08:19 PM
As I stated in another thread; you win your own games. I can't get worked up about not getting help. Sorry! Lastly, it's just not a bad feeling to see Vikings lose. :lol:

We've had arguably the worst luck in the league this year. I'd say we are due for something good to happen.

denverYooper
12-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Looks like we no help from the Purple Queens....imagine that.

TJack is pretty ineffective.

retailguy
12-13-2010, 08:29 PM
We've had arguably the worst luck in the league this year. I'd say we are due for something good to happen.

Please don't jinx us any further. I don't think I can take much more! :(

Little Whiskey
12-13-2010, 08:32 PM
anybody who thought t-jack gave them a better chance to win, just needs to watch this game. wow.

retailguy
12-13-2010, 08:34 PM
anybody who thought t-jack gave them a better chance to win, just needs to watch this game. wow.

It is really pathetic. Texans/Ravens isn't much better for the Texans.

denverYooper
12-13-2010, 08:36 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PUT WEBB IN

denverYooper
12-13-2010, 08:37 PM

He's Ho-Ho-rrendous

Pugger
12-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Yes, Jackson is horrid but MN's O line isn't doing him any favors.

Bretsky
12-13-2010, 08:49 PM
TJack is absolutely terrrrrilbe; relying on MN to win any games isa nightmare

Chalk up wins for the NY Giants and da Bears

swede
12-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Eli int. and Vikings just converted on 4th and inches.

From now on we should call this 4th and Lorenzo.

easy cheesy
12-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Eli Mae is definitely the cause of many heads-a-shakin', headaches-a-bangin' and hands-a-wringin'.... but.... I'm glad the G-Men won this one..... flame at will....

Bossman641
12-13-2010, 11:00 PM
After a great comeback, Schaub throws a terrible pick 6 in OT to lose.

easy cheesy
12-14-2010, 12:13 AM
G-Men and Iggles will definitely be a game to watch.... in the words of the late, great Dave Niehaus.... rest his soul and of course he has nothing to do with football but I had to quote him here.... "My Oh My"......