PDA

View Full Version : What a game!

Patler
12-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Great game. Hard fought. The Packers almost pulled it out!

VermontPackFan
12-12-2010, 07:04 PM

Not exactly my thoughts watching the game...I am still in shock. You must be one of those glass half full guys?

PA Pack Fan
12-12-2010, 07:27 PM
or hes not yet sobered up.

MJZiggy
12-12-2010, 07:32 PM

Frustrating. I prefer losing a shootout to losing like this. Of course, I prefer having my starting QB SLIDE, YOU BONEHEAD (actually, come to think of it, if his head were bonier, he wouldn't have gotten his brains scrambled)!

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-12-2010, 08:01 PM
What I haven't seen talked about is if Rodgers is actually okay? I mean this is the second time now. I have never seen so many injuries in one season. Head injuries end careers for QB's and reoccurring hamstring injuries (Matthews) can also be a big problem. That is our best two players. Serious this is getting out of hand. I just want this season to end after today.

Noodle
12-12-2010, 08:34 PM
What, end the season now? PackFanMD, aren't you on board with the owners in wanting to squeeze two more games out of these guys? What's the big deal?

easy cheesy
12-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Not exactly my thoughts watching the game...I am still in shock. You must be one of those glass half full guys?

BINGO

bobblehead
12-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Frustrating. I prefer losing a shootout to losing like this. Of course, I prefer having my starting QB SLIDE, YOU BONEHEAD (actually, come to think of it, if his head were bonier, he wouldn't have gotten his brains scrambled)!

Why should he slide, he has been getting hammered after sliding all season and not a flag to be seen. I would stop doing it too. It started against the bears when the dude jumped ass first on Rodgers head after a hook slide and no flag and it never got better all season.

MJZiggy
12-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Why should he slide, he has been getting hammered after sliding all season and not a flag to be seen. I would stop doing it too. It started against the bears when the dude jumped ass first on Rodgers head after a hook slide and no flag and it never got better all season.
Ok, you have a point there.

SkinBasket
12-12-2010, 09:28 PM

My thoughts coincide with yours. It seemed Rodgers gave up the whole slide thing after he continued to get pummeled after sliding and the refs marked him down a good yard before he initiated the slide. I think the Lions defense deserves a lot of credit for playing a very well executed game however.

Noodle
12-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Skin speaks truth. From all I've read and the replays I've seen, the Lions D played lights out. Suh is what I was afraid he is, an absolute beast. That F-er is going to be a major pain in the arse for many years to come.

Especially if Campen is the O-line coach.

OS PA
12-12-2010, 10:35 PM

Patler
12-12-2010, 11:06 PM
The "greatness" of a game for many fans depends mostly on if you win or lose, but for some reason defensive battles are rarely considered great. Both offenses were feeble today, but on the other hand, both defenses came up big time and time again. A defensive-minded fan saw a lot of solid performances.

However, I still think the game was what it was because the Packer offense laid an absolute egg, just like some of those "great games" played by the Packer offense were because the other team laid an absolute egg on defense.

In the end, it's all a matter of perspective. I suspect many Lion fans thought the game was pretty darn great.

3irty1
12-13-2010, 09:57 AM
For a game to be great, both teams have to play near the best of their ability. Nobody wants to watch a slap fight. As soon as Jennings turned a highlight TD pass into a turnover, great game was no longer an option.

Patler
12-13-2010, 10:06 AM
For a game to be great, both teams have to play near the best of their ability. Nobody wants to watch a slap fight. As soon as Jennings turned a highlight TD pass into a turnover, great game was no longer an option.

I suspect the standard applied by Lions fans might be a little different! :lol:

MichiganPackerFan
12-13-2010, 01:59 PM

Totally agree. It's been open season on Rodgers all year.