PDA

View Full Version : Capers has to go!

Patler
12-12-2010, 07:15 PM
My god! What kind of a defensive coordinator gives up 200 yards rushing to the Lions?
Truly incompetent! He should be gone NOW!

retailguy
12-12-2010, 08:05 PM
My god! What kind of a defensive coordinator gives up 200 yards rushing to the Lions?
Truly incompetent! He should be gone NOW!

two words. Pot stirrer.

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-12-2010, 08:11 PM
With the season on the line we can out and sucked. Period. Everyone was a loser this game.

Bretsky
12-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Like the sarcasm Patler; my assumption is that you are poking at those calling for the head of the coach/offensive coordinator of one of the top offenses in the NFL.

There were a lot of reasons we lost today; you can start with Jennings dropping the should have been TD that turned into the INT

Surely I'd have some individual griped with MM today but I'm a long way from considering him to be the quality of coaches that are getting fired

retailguy
12-12-2010, 08:16 PM
With the season on the line we can out and sucked. Period. Everyone was a loser this game.

Well, I'm not so sure about that. I'd have to rewatch the game to be sure, but my first impression is that Flynn played pretty well (other than the obvious interception).

With no run game to speak of, he completed some nice passes, and moved the team fairly well. He was mobile enough to stay mostly upright against a pathetic OL performance and showed some moxie in the pocket on a couple of plays. His interception was a critical mistake, but not all that unusual for a young QB with little real game experience.

Williams was his usual solid solid player, I remain amazed that he almost never makes a mistake.

Atta boys are few and far between, but there are some.

While I know that Patler was not serious with his initial post, I think Capers called a pretty good game too.

pbmax
12-12-2010, 08:46 PM
But the really bad yards were picked up by the QB. Those don't count, really.

37 RB carries for 146 yards is only a 3.95 YPC.

Scott Campbell
12-12-2010, 09:58 PM
I give a lot of credit to the Lions. A couple of weeks ago we killed a gutless Viking team mired in a losing season that quit on their coach. The Lions situations was even more dire, and those guys really brought it today.

mmmdk
12-13-2010, 05:57 AM
Lions brought it; sad thing though was that Lions only had to bring their C game...

MJZiggy
12-13-2010, 06:18 AM
I wonder...did our dozen people out with injury finally catch up to us?

mmmdk
12-13-2010, 06:35 AM

Good Q ! It does factor, I can't deny that. Damn, couldn't pull a "fire Stubby" remark...wait, I just did. Oh happy monday morning QB'ing :lol:

Bossman641
12-13-2010, 07:17 AM

I think it has, especially along the DL. Those guys looked tired. Raji has been playing a ton of snaps and Pickett is gutting it out every week, but he is playing nowhere near as well as he was before the injury.

Pugger
12-13-2010, 08:04 AM
The Lions offense has put up a lot of points this season so to keep any NFL team to 7 points most of the time you're gonna win. However, we did the one thing no NFL team can do and expect to win, no matter who you are playing = we went on the road and turned the ball over 3 times.

MichiganPackerFan
12-13-2010, 01:57 PM
The lions have been terrible for a decade, yet you rarely see them quit. Their front four played GREAT yesterday. Injuries certainly have caught up. Jenkins missing was HUGE. THis just shows that we HAVE to keep him next year. I'm a bit disappointed in Flynn. It certainly seemed he could have moved the ball more. MM should have challenged Jennings TD. Oh well, this season was done a couple months ago. MM did the best he could with what he had and TT provided amazing depth. It just ran out. THe collective bargaining better not fuck up next season.

Patler
12-13-2010, 02:26 PM
THe collective bargaining better not fuck up next season.

A lockout might be the best thing for GB. They could use an extra year for healing!

MichiganPackerFan
12-13-2010, 02:31 PM
A lockout might be the best thing for GB. They could use an extra year for healing!

Could be! Not good for my soul though: I conceded the season a long time ago and am really just looking for solid play and growth in the backups. THe offseason seems like an eternity, but now having to wait TWO offseasons AND a regular season to have the team whole again is excruciating. If they axe the season, that makes it THREE offseasons and TWO regular seasons I have to wait.

mmmdk
12-13-2010, 03:12 PM
A union for ridiculously rich football players is kinda funny versus ridiculously rich owners; that could end in a lockout!? - may their "god" bless them. :lol:

Freak Out
12-13-2010, 04:57 PM
So who does get the boot this year? Obviously not Capers....but does the O-line coach and the special teams coach get shown the door? Considering how things have played out I would say yes but are they the problem or is it just flat out lack of talent?

Bretsky
12-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Let's not pretend we haven't seen Wells get his ass owned often against upper calibur DT's. He gets overpowered by that group. He's overachieved as a former 7th round pick. Does Campen get credit for him looking good overall this year and overachieving?? Dear TT, is he really the guy at center ?

Sitton is certainly solid as a player and seems to have improved some. Some credit to Campen ?

We can't expect Buluga to be great right from the get go as most rookies have their ups and downs. Overall he's been decent and Campen should get some credit for that.

Colledge has been decent this year. Do we blame Campen for that ?

Overall Clifton has been decent and we certainly can't blame Campen for his play.

Unsure about Spits, Lang, or the other Yahoo's we have on the OL. Am I the only one who isn't throwing Campen under a bus ? The talent level of this group as a whole is also questionable as a complete starting unit.

So we took a crap against the Lions. Shithappens. Here's a suggestion..............GET BETTER PLAYERS THERE

Special Teams Coaching, IMO....speaks for itself

Bretsky
12-13-2010, 06:23 PM
So who does get the boot this year? Obviously not Capers....but does the O-line coach and the special teams coach get shown the door? Considering how things have played out I would say yes but are they the problem or is it just flat out lack of talent?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm