PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs?

Fosco33
12-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Oh Jim Mora... words were never spoken so true and eloquently.

But - we should talk about them... and what help we need to get there.

Assuming we lose to NE and beat Giants/Bears (none of which seem that plausible after last week's game)...

NFC
#1 - Falcons - 14-2 or 13-3 (Saints is a toss up game, rest are cake)
#2 - Giants 11-5 (beat Eagles, lose to Pack, beat Skins) - beat Eagles on common games
#3 - Bears 10-6 (beat Vikes, lose to Jets and Pack) - beat Pack on division record
#4 - Rams 8-8 (beat Chiefs/Niners, lose to Seahawks)
#5/6 - Saints 11-5 (lose to Ravens and Falcons, beat Bucs)
#6/6 - Eagles 11-5 (lose to Giants, beat Vikes and Cowboys)

So...
We have to hope the Bears lose to the Vikes (likely without Favre) then Pack would have to win on common games (8 to 7 - else we go to tiebreaker number 5 (strength of victory - which Pack likely win)) - or -
Eagles lose to either Vikes or Cowboys (and finish 10-6 - losing wild card tiebreaker #1 w/ Packers from week 1) - or -
Giants lose to Eagles and we beat Giants (thus winning the wild card tiebreaker) - or -

Personally - I'd love the Division - so cheer for Bears to lose out. Otherwise, we have to hope the Giants lose to the Eagles and we beat the Giants - to win the wildcard (@ 10-6).

Time to wish for a Christmas present or two.... So disappointing as we should be aiming for HFA - not squeaking in with help. Damn injuries.

Gunakor
12-14-2010, 01:12 AM
I don't care what their record says. The Bears are a terrible football team undeserving of a playoff spot. The football gods will hear none of that noise. Their prestigous tournament will not be sullied by such a god awful participant.

1 game back with 3 to go. No sweat. Chicago is a terrible football team currently playing the toughest part of their schedule. If they don't beat the Vikings, they won't win another game this season. As long as we take care of business at home the division should still be ours.

Tony Oday
12-14-2010, 06:24 AM
Not going to lie I want to be prophetic so 10-6 wins the division :)

denverYooper
12-14-2010, 07:36 PM
I don't care what their record says. The Bears are a terrible football team undeserving of a playoff spot. The football gods will hear none of that noise. Their prestigous tournament will not be sullied by such a god awful participant.

1 game back with 3 to go. No sweat. Chicago is a terrible football team currently playing the toughest part of their schedule. If they don't beat the Vikings, they won't win another game this season. As long as we take care of business at home the division should still be ours.

Man, fate would really be messing with the Bears then. The Vikings are currently down to Joe Webb at QB and looking to sign a FA off the street: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/21083/vikings-encounter-bizarro-world-upon-return

IMO, though, Webb looked better than TJack last night.

Fred's Slacks
12-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Bears clinch the division with a win over the vikings and a GB loss.

Joemailman
12-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Bears clinch the division with a win over the vikings and a GB loss.

You are correct sir. Amazing what that loss to Detroit did to the Packers playoff chances.

Fosco33
12-14-2010, 10:25 PM
You are correct sir. Amazing what that loss to Detroit did to the Packers playoff chances.

Yup - we have to hope they lose to the Vikes (and us) - then it would go down to to common games and then conference games (then strength of victory).
Long shot at best the way TJack has been playing. But playing outdoors in MN in December - anything could happen.

Joemailman
12-14-2010, 10:51 PM
Forecast for Minneapolis on Monday is a high in the low 20's, with a low Monday night in the single digits. I'm inclined to think that a team playing for a division title will play harder in that kind of weather than a team just playing out the season. Only if Favre plays do I see the Vikings having much of a chance. T-Jack hasn't been playing well, and may not play at all anyway. Vikings have gone from having the most durable QB in history to trying to figure out who can play Monday night.

Kiwon
12-14-2010, 11:11 PM
The early losses were bad enough, but the Detroit loss practically killed our chances. If A-Rod can't make a Farve-like comeback and put together some victories then it will be a very cold and bitter playoff-season with a Super Bowl-favorite watching from the sidelines.

packrulz
12-15-2010, 03:46 AM
Green Bay Packers will need help to make playoffs
But schedule is toughest of contenders
BY MIKE VANDERMAUSE • MVANDERM@GREENBAYPRESSGAZETTE.COM • DECEMBER 14, 2010

The good news for the Green Bay Packers is they still hold out hope of landing an NFC playoff berth with three games remaining.

The Packers fell to 8-5 and are the No. 8 seed in the NFC, and only six conference teams qualify for the playoffs.

“The positive part about it is that everything that we still want to accomplish is in front of us,” said Packers coach Mike McCarthy following the loss to the Lions.

That may be true, but the Packers no longer control their playoff destiny and will need help to make it to the postseason.

The Packers face the most difficult remaining schedule of any NFC playoff contender with a road game at New England (11-2) and home games against the New York Giants (9-4) and Chicago Bears (9-4).

Even if the Packers win their remaining games to finish 11-5 they are not guaranteed a playoff berth. An NFC team has never missed the playoffs with an 11-5 mark, but New England was left out of the postseason in 2008 with that record.

The Packers trail the Bears by one game in the NFC North, but the division race could be decided this weekend. If the Packers lose to the Patriots and the Bears beat Minnesota, Chicago will be crowned the NFC North champion no matter what happens in the final two weeks.

That’s because the Bears, by virtue of beating the Vikings, will win any tiebreaker over the Packers on the basis of a better division record. The Bears are 4-0 against division opponents, while the Packers are 3-2 with NFC North losses to Chicago and Detroit.

New Orleans (10-3) has the inside track to earn one of two NFC wild-card berths, leaving the Packers to fight for the other spot with Tampa Bay (8-5), Philadelphia (9-4) and the Giants.

If the Packers beat the Giants on Dec. 26 they would hold the head-to-head tiebreaker over both New York and Philadelphia. However, Tampa Bay could win its remaining games to finish 11-5 and would hold the tiebreaker over the Packers based on a better conference record.

The Packers can capture the NFC North on a tiebreaker only if Chicago loses to Minnesota. In that case, which assumes a Green Bay win over the Bears in the season finale, the Packers would be declared the division champion based on a better conference record.
There is a potential three-way wild-card scenario involving the Packers, Buccaneers and either the Giants or Eagles, with each team finishing 10-6, in which the Packers would win the tiebreaker based on strength of victory, which is determined by the combined overall records of vanquished opponents.

The potential for eight NFC teams to finish with double-digit victory totals this season isn’t unprecedented. It also happened in 1991, and a pair of 10-6 teams didn’t make the playoffs that year.

Only once since the NFL merger in 1970 did the Packers post a double-digit victory total — 10-6 in 1989 — and not make the playoffs.

sheepshead
12-15-2010, 07:22 AM
We may not win another game. If the Pats kick our asses, the Giants have something to play for, the Bears, well the Bears just beat us. This was a very bad time for MM to call plays like he was playing Madden.

denverYooper
12-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Yup - we have to hope they lose to the Vikes (and us) - then it would go down to to common games and then conference games (then strength of victory).
Long shot at best the way TJack has been playing. But playing outdoors in MN in December - anything could happen.

It sounds as if TJack won't play b/c of turf toe. The Vikes are working out QBs to back up Webb atm.

denverYooper
12-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Forecast for Minneapolis on Monday is a high in the low 20's, with a low Monday night in the single digits. I'm inclined to think that a team playing for a division title will play harder in that kind of weather than a team just playing out the season. Only if Favre plays do I see the Vikings having much of a chance. T-Jack hasn't been playing well, and may not play at all anyway. Vikings have gone from having the most durable QB in history to trying to figure out who can play Monday night.

It sounds like Harvin will be back though. IF they can get him and AD going in the running game, they might surprise.

Airin' Rodgers
12-15-2010, 11:49 PM
I truly believe that if we beat the Giants and Bears we will be in. the Eagles and Giants play this week. We have the tiebreaker over the eagles already, with the possibility of getting it over the giants.

The part that is tough is seeing the Bucs slip up more than once. Really need Detroit to help us out and take them out Sunday

steve823
12-16-2010, 02:12 AM
It sounds like Harvin will be back though. IF they can get him and AD going in the running game, they might surprise.

Supposedly the forecast is snow also. That would benefit the Vikings since they have the better run game and have no QB...also we've seen how the Bears play in snow this year.

denverYooper
12-16-2010, 11:00 AM
I truly believe that if we beat the Giants and Bears we will be in. the Eagles and Giants play this week. We have the tiebreaker over the eagles already, with the possibility of getting it over the giants.

The part that is tough is seeing the Bucs slip up more than once. Really need Detroit to help us out and take them out Sunday

Restore the roar. Detroit's going to win out.

The Giants have shit the bed in the past. We can only hope they do it again. Thing is, if the Giants lose and GB is in position to beat them and take control of the WC spot can the Packers do it?

Airin' Rodgers
12-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Restore the roar. Detroit's going to win out.

The Giants have shit the bed in the past. We can only hope they do it again. Thing is, if the Giants lose and GB is in position to beat them and take control of the WC spot can the Packers do it?

I hope so. Would be a lonely playoffs without the Packers in it.

So best case scenario this week, assuming the packers lose, is the Giants, Bears, and Bucs losing.

If the Giants and Bucs lose, regardless of what happens this week in NE, Green Bay has a good chance of getting in

MadtownPacker
12-16-2010, 08:20 PM
I dont know what bothers me more. The fact the Pack might not make it to the dance or the fact they wont get to knock da bears out cold, take the division and then make the playoffs.

If the NFL where ever fixed a Packers vs Care Bears week 17 game with the NFCN on the line and the loser goes home would be the fix to make. Damn that game would be good.

rbaloha1
12-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Packers finish 8-8. MM is replaced with Jim Harbaugh. JH installs a legitimate running game and the Packers are back on-track to the Super Bowl. Capers is retained with elevated duties and a pay bump.

Bretsky
12-16-2010, 10:02 PM
If the Packers hired Jim Harbaugh I'd puke

Joemailman
12-16-2010, 10:05 PM
If the Packers hired Jim Harbaugh I'd puke

You'd have some company.

rbaloha1
12-16-2010, 10:08 PM
You'd have some company.

You will be puking but lifting your champagne glass soon enough.

Joemailman
12-16-2010, 10:20 PM
One thing I won't be doing the next time the Packers win the Super Bowl is lifting a champagne glass.

Tony Oday
12-17-2010, 09:06 AM
Packers finish 8-8. MM is replaced with Jim Harbaugh. JH installs a legitimate running game and the Packers are back on-track to the Super Bowl. Capers is retained with elevated duties and a pay bump.

Mr. rbaloha, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Fritz
12-17-2010, 10:28 AM
I wonder if MM would consider having an illegitimate running game.

Tony Oday
12-17-2010, 10:37 AM
I wonder if MM would consider having an illegitimate running game.

Hell I will take a Step Running Game...anything! just RUN RIGHT!!!!

Cheesehead Craig
12-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Hell I will take a Step Running Game...anything! just RUN RIGHT!!!!
What about a red-headed Stepchild Running Game?

Tony Oday
12-17-2010, 10:44 AM
What about a red-headed Stepchild Running Game?

Eating watermelon in a ghetto neighborhood!!! Oh course that is what I think we have because it keeps getting beat.

denverYooper
12-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Mr. rbaloha, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

BUT IT'S NOODY MAGAZINE DAY!

denverYooper
12-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Pack can make playoffs at 10-6:
http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2010/12/17/even-with-loss-to-pats-packers-can-make-the-playoffs/

If they lose to NE, they need to beat the Giants and the Bears. The Eagles or Giants need to lose 2 of their last 3 and the Bucs need to lose 1 of their last 3.

Very doable, although life would be a lot more comfy for them if they'd beaten the Lions!

Airin' Rodgers
12-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Pack can make playoffs at 10-6:
http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2010/12/17/even-with-loss-to-pats-packers-can-make-the-playoffs/

If they lose to NE, they need to beat the Giants and the Bears. The Eagles or Giants need to lose 2 of their last 3 and the Bucs need to lose 1 of their last 3.

Very doable, although life would be a lot more comfy for them if they'd beaten the Lions!

Actually, that is very reassuring to me. The Bucs should lose to the Saints, Best case is have the saints keep winning so they can compete with Atlanta and have something to play for week 17.

The Packers can take care of the Giants and Bears and be in. In fact, I would argue that cheering for the Eagles this week is more important than cheering for the Packers, as weird as that sounds

rbaloha1
12-18-2010, 11:35 AM

Mahalo. Lets wait until the end of the season. My idiotic response is no different than anyone else rationalizing that MM could be another Belichek. Peace out.

rbaloha1
12-18-2010, 11:37 AM
BUT IT'S NOODY MAGAZINE DAY!

Please provide a list of your Socrates arguments mr. denverYooper. Mahalo.

Tony Oday
12-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Please provide a list of your Socrates arguments mr. denverYooper. Mahalo.

Both quotes are from Billy Madison ;)

rbaloha1
12-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Both quotes are from Billy Madison ;)

Brilliant! Get this man a Guinness.

Pugger
12-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Actually, that is very reassuring to me. The Bucs should lose to the Saints, Best case is have the saints keep winning so they can compete with Atlanta and have something to play for week 17.

The Packers can take care of the Giants and Bears and be in. In fact, I would argue that cheering for the Eagles this week is more important than cheering for the Packers, as weird as that sounds

This.

Fosco33
12-19-2010, 03:27 PM
So - Eagles go to 10-4 seemingly locking up division. TB chokes away their best chance to own a tiebreaker with GB. Have to hope the Saints have something to play for the final week vs. TB.

Looks like we may be back in the driver seat. Beat Giants and Bears - hit 10 wins and at least a wild card.

denverYooper
12-19-2010, 03:30 PM
So - Eagles go to 10-4 seemingly locking up division. TB chokes away their best chance to own a tiebreaker with GB. Have to hope the Saints have something to play for the final week vs. TB.

Looks like we may be back in the driver seat. Beat Giants and Bears - hit 10 wins and at least a wild card.

I'm pretty sure they are now in control. They need to win their last 2 to be in for sure.

denverYooper
12-19-2010, 03:45 PM
http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2010/12/19/packers-once-again-control-playoff-destiny/

The Packers are in control of their playoff desinty once again, and all they had to do was sit in their hotel room this afternoon and watch the results of some key NFL games. The Lions’ overtime victory over Tampa Bay, coupled with the Eagles’ 38-31 comeback win over the Giants, puts the Packers in much better playoff position than when the day started.

And here’s the kicker. The Packers don’t even need to beat the Patriots tonight, and they can still make the playoffs with victories in their final two games at home against the New York Giants and Chicago Bears.

The Giants fell to 9-5, the Packers are 8-5 prior to tonight’s game and the Buccaneers fell to 8-6. If the Packers lose to the Pats but beat the Giants and Bears in their final two games at Lambeau Field, the worst the Packers could do is finish in a three-way tie for the No. 6 playoff seed with New York and Tampa Bay. Here is how the tiebreaker would be determined:

1. Head-to-head. This is not applicable since none of the three teams has beaten the other two, and none of the three teams has lost to the other two. The Bucs have played neither the Giants nor the Packers this season. The Packers’ projected head-to-head victory over the Giants would only apply in a two-way tiebreaker.

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference. The Packers, Giants and Bucs would all finish with 8-4 records against NFC opponents.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four. This is not applicable because the minimum of four common games is not met. The only common opponents that the Packers, Giants and Bucs share: Washington and Detroit.

4. Strength of victory. This measures the combined records of vanquished opponents, and the Packers currently hold a significant advantage in this category. The combined record of the teams the Packers have beaten going into this week’s games ( including projected wins over the Giants and Bears) currently stands at 61-70. The Giants are next with a 51-79 record, followed by the Bucs at 45-86. It would be difficult for the Giants or Bucs to make up that much ground on the Packers.

Thus, the Packers would qualify as the No. 6 seed in the NFC and play their first game on the road against the No. 3 seed, which very likely could be the Bears.

channtheman
12-19-2010, 04:06 PM
The Packers are indeed back in control. Win the last two games and they are in the playoffs. It has to be the last two though because the conference games are more important than non conference (obviously). We do not want us to somehow win tonight and then lose one of the last two and still finish 10-6, that would be worse.

EDIT: Also, the ONLY way that we can still win the division is if the Bears lose tomorrow night to the Vikings (assuming we lose tonight of course). If the Bears lose to the Vikings and we win our last two, we would be tied at 10-6 with the Bears and win based on the conference record tiebreaker.

Tiebreakers would work out like this:

1. Head to head (tied at 1-1)
2. Division record (tied at 4-2)
3. Common games (tied at 8-5)
4 Conference record (Packers have the edge 8-4 to Chicago's 7-5)

denverYooper
12-19-2010, 04:31 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/21303/packers-playoff-chances-brighten-suddenly

If the Packers beat the Giants and Bears to finish 10-6, they would also own tiebreakers in the case of head-to-head vs. either the Giants or the Bucs.

Airin' Rodgers
12-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Even with a packers loss, this is a great day for the Packers. It's unbelievable. An improbable win tonight would just be gravy

curtis loew
12-19-2010, 05:27 PM
The funny thing is, a win tonight basically means nothing since we still have to beat the Giants no matter what next week. Makes it pretty tempting to rest starters, especially if the game starts to get out of hand.

I guess the way it could help is if we end up losing to the bears week 17.

Packman_26
12-19-2010, 05:48 PM
The funny thing is, a win tonight basically means nothing since we still have to beat the Giants no matter what next week. Makes it pretty tempting to rest starters, especially if the game starts to get out of hand.

Just so everyone knows, the Packers do not have to win any particular game to make the playoffs. I agree that the Giants that the game is probably the most important, but they could plausibly get in even if they lose tonight and next week. Bears would have to lose to the Vikings, Jets, and Packers.

Pugger
12-19-2010, 06:10 PM
What a difference a few hours make! Until 4:30 EST most Packer fans have stuck a fork the Pack thinking the season was toast. Today was a good day to be a Packer fan no matter what happens tonight. :-D

Joemailman
12-19-2010, 06:25 PM

It might mean nothing in terms of the wild card. However, if the Packers win tonight, improbable as that is, they still have a legitimate chance to win the division.

denverYooper
12-19-2010, 07:04 PM
What a difference a few hours make! Until 4:30 EST most Packer fans have stuck a fork the Pack thinking the season was toast. Today was a good day to be a Packer fan no matter what happens tonight. :-D

Boats should not be built from this year's Packers. Several forks have been stuck in them this year. This season is playing out like a drunken sailor simulation.

steve823
12-19-2010, 11:51 PM
If the Bears end up winning the division and we get Wild Card chances are we are playing the Bears in the first round of the playoffs.

Of course they have a long way to go, but man would that be great.

Airin' Rodgers
12-20-2010, 01:02 AM
A few scenarios....

Packers can win division by:

1. Bears lose to Vikings. Packers beat Giants. Bears beat Jets/Bears lose to Jets. Packers beat bears
2. Bears lose out. Packers lose to NY but beat Chicago

Packers can win WC by:

1. Packers win remaining 2
2. Packers beat Giants. Lose to Bears. Giants lose to Redskins Week 17. Bucs lose 1 of remaining 2.

So, bottom line is the Packers can be 9-7 and make the playoffs in a few different ways. But if they win the last 2, they are in.

The dilemma for me is, do we cheer for Minnesota to beat the Bears, which gives us a possibility of the division? Or do we cheer for the bears, which will likely mean they rest their starters in week 17, and give us a win assuming we beat New York?

denverYooper
12-20-2010, 07:52 AM
Skol Vikings.

gbgary
12-20-2010, 10:13 AM
do we want to make the playoffs and have mm hang around another year holding the team back? how many more fullback dives for not and/or deep balls on 3rd and two do we want to see?

rbaloha1
12-20-2010, 11:17 AM
do we want to make the playoffs and have mm hang around another year holding the team back? how many more fullback dives for not and/or deep balls on 3rd and two do we want to see?

Double edge sword. MM's team has zero 4th quarter victories this season. NBC also posted a graphic which showed since 2008 the Packers have the 3rd worst record in close games.

How can MM lead a team to the playoffs with the inability to win close games? IMO an 8-8 record is not the end of the world if MM is let go. MM still walks away with millions like Sherman.

denverYooper
12-20-2010, 11:19 AM

MM will remain whether they make the playoffs or not. But if they do make the playoffs, does he upgrade ST/OL coaching in the offseason? I think those areas have held the team back and could use a coaching change regardless of whether they get in or not.

Bretsky
12-20-2010, 08:56 PM
agree; I think MM is hear next year regardless. He's TT' choice and has a few years I think left on his extension

Bossman641
12-20-2010, 09:07 PM
No way does MM get let go with the injuries this team has sustained, and he shouldn't be let go anyways.

Fosco33
12-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Do you think the Bears will let up at all against the Pack? Think about it - they've locked the division and don't have much upside to playing all out in week 17.

In fact - if the Pack gets #6 and Bears are #3 - we'd go back-back. Why show the playbook in back-back weeks?

I like the Packers to beat the Bears - and then it'll be a HUGE game in Chicago in early January. Love to give them a 'one/done' year.

Bossman641
12-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Do you think the Bears will let up at all against the Pack? Think about it - they've locked the division and don't have much upside to playing all out in week 17.

In fact - if the Pack gets #6 and Bears are #3 - we'd go back-back. Why show the playbook in back-back weeks?

I like the Packers to beat the Bears - and then it'll be a HUGE game in Chicago in early January. Love to give them a 'one/done' year.

Personally I don't think the Bears would let up at all. Just the general mindset I get from Lovie.

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-20-2010, 10:24 PM

Well since the Bears won today. Next week we need to win, have the Bears win, and the Eagles lose. That way the Bears will clinch a first round bye. The last week they would be playing to knock us out of the playoffs. I see them going all out either way though. F the Bears and F this season.

Bossman641
12-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Well since the Bears won today. Next week we need to win, have the Bears win, and the Eagles lose. That way the Bears will clinch a first round bye. The last week they would be playing to knock us out of the playoffs. I see them going all out either way though. F the Bears and F this season.

F the Bears getting a first round bye. Let's play them back to back weeks at Lambeau and then Soldier. They don't scare me at all.

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-20-2010, 10:30 PM
F the Bears getting a first round bye. Let's play them back to back weeks at Lambeau and then Soldier. They don't scare me at all.

Yep but we need Rodgers, Jenkins, and Collins back to win. The Gaints also stand in front of us. They are going to come ready to play.

easy cheesy
12-20-2010, 10:48 PM
Yep but we need Rodgers, Jenkins, and Collins back to win. The Gaints also stand in front of us. They are going to come ready to play.

Who DAT? lol.... I think you meant "Giants" and not "Gaints"... anywhoo... I think the Giants are going to bring it "HARD".... if they win this one against the "Pack" they are "in"... I pray that is not the case... and I am agnostic....

denverYooper
12-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Who DAT? lol.... I think you meant "Giants" and not "Gaints"... anywhoo... I think the Giants are going to bring it "HARD".... if they win this one against the "Pack" they are "in"... I pray that is not the case... and I am agnostic....

Packers bringing it >>> Giants bringing it

If Green Bay plays like they did on Sunday (sans the KOR) they'll win.

Freak Out
12-21-2010, 11:31 AM
If the Giants get that running game going were fucked.

What are the Bears playing for now? If they win or lose this weekend what will they have to play for against us the following weekend?

Scott Campbell
12-21-2010, 11:33 AM

Amen to that. It wouldn't surprise me to see them being a dog at home against either wildcard team.

Joemailman
12-21-2010, 05:24 PM
If the Giants get that running game going were fucked.

What are the Bears playing for now? If they win or lose this weekend what will they have to play for against us the following weekend?

The way I figure it, the Bears probably will be playing for the 1st round bye when they play the Packers. The only way that won't happen is if the Bears beat the Jets this week while the Eagles lose to the Vikings. In that case, the Bears would clinch the bye. This is because the Bears have the tie-breaker over Eagles because they beat the Eagles earlier.

vince
12-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Thanks for that Joe. That looks correct to me too.

Assuming the Packers win this week... The Packers need to play well regardless and I'd rather see them have to beat a team putting it on the line as they hopefully enter the playoffs.

Freak Out
12-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Man.....the Pack have two tough games coming up.....odds of winning both are probably low....but both are in GB and they guys should be fired up.

Letsss Gooooo!

Iron Mike
12-22-2010, 07:11 PM

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/LOL-SPAULDING.jpg

Fritz
12-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Which Giantswill we see? the 2007 hard-nosed, hard-running outfit, or last year's we-re-at-home-against-a-half-ass-team-and-if-we-win-we're-in-the-playoffs-but-let's-lay-a-turd-instead-team?

channtheman
12-24-2010, 02:54 AM
I've been thinking about this today and there is a way the Packers can get the 5th seed in the playoffs (which is ideal as we'd then face the winner of the NFC West which is going to be a 7-9 team). We have to win out (duh) and then we just have to hope the Saints lose their last two. If that happens we will get the coveted 5th seed and face the winner of that crappy ass division.

EDIT: As a bonus the 6th seed would then most likely be either the Giants or the Bucs and it is possible they could win a couple of games and we could host the NFC Championship game.

channtheman
12-24-2010, 02:55 AM
double post.

Gunakor
12-24-2010, 05:16 AM
I'm sure the Saints know that as well. I can't see the Saints losing both of their remaining games having something left to play for. I think a 5 seed is a fantasy at this point, but stranger things have happened I suppose.

Fosco33
12-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Interesting question:
- Would you rather play the Bears after they lock up the 2nd seed (meaning nothing to play for except spoiling the Packer season) - OR -
- Play the Bears with something to play for (a bye) and watch them sit at home while we travel to Philly

Really tough road either way for GB. Philly will be very tough to beat twice at home in one year. Chicago will be equally tough to beat in back-back weeks.

Bretsky
12-26-2010, 06:56 PM
I'd rather face da Bears any day of the week over Phily

esoxx
12-26-2010, 07:00 PM
I think the Giants are going to bring it "HARD

Sexual innduendo and football work only occasionally.

Fritz
12-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Me too, Bretsky.

Fosco33
12-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Pack still has a shot at 5 seed to take on the winner of Rams/Seahawks...
if Saints lose to Falcons and Bucs.

There's a decent likelihood of that happening as Falcons want HFA locked up and Bucs are fighting for playoff lives.

Doesn't really matter what happens in any other contest. If Saints win one of these games - they are #5.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario

Here's the rest:
Falcons - beat Saints on Monday and clinch HFA

Bears - clinch #2 seed with Eagles loss to Vikes or win vs. Packers

Eagles - division champs with Giants loss - playing for #2 if they win out and Pack wins next week

Rams/Seahawks - win and their in as division champs and #4 seed

Wild Cards
Saints - clinch playoff spot with win at Atlanta on Monday ; if they lose they basically have to beat TB to get #5
Pack - win and their in as #6; if Giants win and Bucs win - Pack is #5 (Giants as 6)
Giants - they have to win next week and hope for a couple losses by Saints or GB loss
Bucs - beat Saints and losses by GB and NYG to clinch #6