PDA

View Full Version : Hey, how's about dem der Patriots?

Patler
12-14-2010, 09:38 AM
For all you Packerrats ready to move on from the Detroit game!

What is the key to beating the Patriots?

Joemailman
12-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Kidnap Brady before he gets to the stadium.

Patler
12-14-2010, 09:43 AM

Oh, and answers like, "Scoring more points than they do." are not acceptable! :lol:

Patler
12-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Kidnap Brady before he gets to the stadium.

Would that be enough?

Joemailman
12-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Run the ball behind our dominant offensive line to eat up the clock and keep the ball away from the Patriots offense.

Freak Out
12-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Block and tackle better than they do. :)

Tony Oday
12-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Throw it on them in 5 wide :)

3irty1
12-14-2010, 10:16 AM
Just show up. Packers 28 Patriots 10.

Guiness
12-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Haven't seen enough of them to know what needs to be done - but saw enough of our performance in Detroit to know that the solution starts with 'getting stuff fixed' rather than worrying about what the opponent can do!

3irty1
12-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Really though I'm concerned about our defense this game and that's usually not the case. NE's offense looks like a classic west coast offense since losing Moss. They make a living working the middle of the field with guys like Woodhead, Welker, and their beloved rookie TE's. I expect we'll hide in nickel for nearly the entire game and pray that Hawk and Bishop can hold up in coverage. I'm think Jarius Wynn will see some action as we are going to need all the pass rush we can get!

On offense you can be sure that Belichick is going to have a scheme and gameplan tailored to take away all our fun. If there is a game that we can benefit from running in its this one. The Pats major weakness is their front seven. The rookie CB McCourty is already being called a shutdown corner and will probably see action against Jennings. A week ago I would have said this had the makings of a shootout. After last week I'm less confident in the Packers' ability to score.

Scott Campbell
12-14-2010, 10:52 AM
I'm having a difficult time imagining any way the Packers could pull this one out.

denverYooper
12-14-2010, 11:12 AM

Personally, I'd like to see them line up in a 4-3 and just turn Raji loose try to penetrate up the middle. Face pressure is supposedly the name of the game vs Brady.

Wood will need to be on his game underneath, I think.

steve823
12-14-2010, 11:43 AM
The key is to get to him and hit him a few times. We cannot give him as much time as teams have been giving him! He has been in a clean pocket and has had all day to throw the last couple of games, due to the great blocking of his o-line.

MadScientist
12-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Invoke the 'On any given Sunday' rule, along with the "That's why they play the game" clause.

mmmdk
12-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Pats, Schmats - we got Stubby ! :whaa:

Patler
12-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Invoke the 'On any given Sunday' rule, along with the "That's why they play the game" clause.

Great suggestion! It seemed to work last week against the Packers!

packers11
12-14-2010, 12:49 PM
I live in New England and have to watch these schmucks every weekend ( got two tv's right near each other) ... Capers needs to use bump / close coverage as much as possible... All these receivers rely on YAC and aren't really burners (desean jackson) so getting beat deep isn't a real big threat unless Brady has 7 seconds to throw... On defense, they are decent but have been playing over their heads, if our O-line can hold up I can see this being a shootout...

I think the real big key will be pressure on Brady... Having Jenkins out is going to hurt, hopefully Capers can draw up some stunts / blitz packages...

MichiganPackerFan
12-14-2010, 01:05 PM
The key is to get to him and hit him a few times. We cannot give him as much time as teams have been giving him! He has been in a clean pocket and has had all day to throw the last couple of games, due to the great blocking of his o-line.

Not sure this will work. In exactly the opposite manner as the NFL has declared open season on Aaron Rodgers, Brady is untouchable. As a matter of fact, our defense had better hit the Listerine pretty hard, because even a whiff of mildly bad breath hitting Brady will draw an unnecessarily roughness 15 yard penalty and a first down.

steve823
12-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Not sure this will work. In exactly the opposite manner as the NFL has declared open season on Aaron Rodgers, Brady is untouchable. As a matter of fact, our defense had better hit the Listerine pretty hard, because even a whiff of mildly bad breath hitting Brady will draw an unnecessarily roughness 15 yard penalty and a first down.

Sadly your right. If you touch the guy it's a flag..I mean the guy had rules made just for him, unbelievable. I still think we need to rough him up (cleanly and penalty free of course, though I wouldn't mind a few shots at him), but thats a lot easier sad then done..especially when they throw so many quick passes.

Cheesehead Craig
12-14-2010, 01:23 PM
I vote we change the game to Rock, Paper, Scisssors.

mmmdk
12-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Twinkies for everyone...if we beat Patriots.

TennesseePackerBacker
12-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Run the ball early and often. If they establish the run, the game will be a lot closer than people think. Oh, and we need Aaron.

sheepshead
12-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Truth? we dont win another game all year.

Joemailman
12-14-2010, 03:09 PM
The 2 teams that beat the Pats controlled the ball with their running game. Jets ran 32 times for 146 yards and had the ball for 33 minutes. Browns ran it 46 times for 230 yards and had the ball for 38 minutes. The Packers can win this game if they can have success in the running and short passing game. There's just not much reason to be optimistic about that however.

Iron Mike
12-14-2010, 06:58 PM
It's all about the pad level.

steve823
12-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Oh yea..and our stars have to show up and play like we expect them to. Woodson and Matthews both had horrible games last week and they are both the leaders of this defense.

Bretsky
12-14-2010, 08:00 PM
Kidnap Brady, the Hooded Genius, Wes Welker, and their entire OL and we've got a shot

bobblehead
12-14-2010, 08:53 PM

Bury the game ball from Detroit....wait, that didn't work for the Jets, did it.

bobblehead
12-14-2010, 08:58 PM
I live in New England and have to watch these schmucks every weekend ( got two tv's right near each other) ... Capers needs to use bump / close coverage as much as possible... All these receivers rely on YAC and aren't really burners (desean jackson) so getting beat deep isn't a real big threat unless Brady has 7 seconds to throw... On defense, they are decent but have been playing over their heads, if our O-line can hold up I can see this being a shootout...

I think the real big key will be pressure on Brady... Having Jenkins out is going to hurt, hopefully Capers can draw up some stunts / blitz packages...

I would like to see Nick Collins line up close to the line and do the LeRoy Butler thing. No one has any film on that, and with his acceleration he would be a huge asset blitzing....especially if you could disguise him and Woodson so you couldn't figure out who was coming.

mraynrand
12-14-2010, 11:50 PM
go 8 or 9 defensive backs all game long. Beat the living shit out of the WRs at the LOS. Send one or two guys late blitzing on every down, mixing up where they come from. Give up the run, hope to give up more FGs than TDs. If the offensive line shows up, and Roger's cobwebs clear, the Packers can score up to 30 points on this team

easy cheesy
12-14-2010, 11:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HHA_Wpw59U

Smother New England in Stetson... that's enough to kill anybody...

Gunakor
12-15-2010, 12:11 AM
Mix things up on offense. Call running plays. On defense, gotta get to Brady. Make him uncomfortable.

I suppose praying wouldn't hurt either.

easy cheesy
12-15-2010, 12:14 AM
Mix things up on offense. Call running plays. On defense, gotta get to Brady. Make him uncomfortable.

I suppose praying wouldn't hurt either.

Praying good.....

BobDobbs
12-15-2010, 12:33 AM
With no threat of a running game its hard to see us pull out a victory. But let's assume a barely average run game can be acheived.

One thing I would love to see is CMIII rushing from multiple positions. I can't recall him coming on a delayed blitz up the middle for awhile. He's so explosive that I think you have to make the offense identify him every play and not just assume that he's going to line up against a tackle out of a three point stance. Maybe Capers feels that with the injuries throughout the linebacker corps we can't engage in as much disguise as I saw at the start of the season. But, whatever the reason I think we need to get back to using him and Woodson as multi-faceted weapons.

On offense I assume we'll do a better job in protection. Jennings will be dangerous and command attention. Jordy will be solid. Its too much to ask Quarless to have a breakout game, but he has to show up. So, really it comes down to Jones and/or maybe Driver having a huge game in order to force the Pats to defend sideline to sideline.

Oh yeah, Aaron Rodgers has to start. If not it's time to start drinking early to induce a blackout. Nothing less than 80 proof. Probably should take some rufies too, just to be safe.

steve823
12-15-2010, 10:44 AM
(Enter sarcastic voice). Great news guys...forecast is predicting snow showers.

On a sidenote, I like being underdogs rather then being in the spotlight.

Freak Out
12-15-2010, 02:31 PM
M3 said Rodgers is a slim chance to even practice by Friday let alone play Sunday night.

Tony Oday
12-15-2010, 08:17 PM
I love it all the rats jumping ship saying we have no chance!!! I think we win out and storm the playoffs! REMEMBER Matt Flynn has NEVER lost a start!

MadtownPacker
12-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Go after Brady every play. I dont give a fuck if he completes passes, he is going to anyways. Just keep sending them until he breaks or the Pack defense does.

Pugger
12-17-2010, 01:06 AM
I was checking the Pats defensive stats on nfl.com and their D is not that great. They are ranked #27th in yards ceded and 31st in pass D! :shock: They are average against the run. They are winning because of Brady and their passing attack. We are still #1 in scoring D #3 in pass D so I'm not losing sleep over our D. The Pats will score but I don't think we'll give up as much as the bares did unless we turn it over like they did. Isn't that what is the difference usually in NFL games, turnovers? Those 2 turnovers in the first half really killed us in Detroit and will masacre us in NE if we are that careless again.

packrulz
12-17-2010, 03:55 AM
go 8 or 9 defensive backs all game long. Beat the living shit out of the WRs at the LOS. Send one or two guys late blitzing on every down, mixing up where they come from. Give up the run, hope to give up more FGs than TDs. If the offensive line shows up, and Roger's cobwebs clear, the Packers can score up to 30 points on this team
I was thinking the same thing, if they rack up rushing yards, fine, just don't give Bradybunch more than 3 seconds or he'll cut you up. It is possible our defense could win the game if they can generate some turnovers. This is the Packers Super Bowl.

denverYooper
12-17-2010, 11:34 AM

Bigby and Anthony Smith have been practicing. I do wonder if we'll see some creative use of DBs in the game. CW is an ideal guy to have underneath on Sunday. They'll need a big game from him.

Noodle
12-17-2010, 03:12 PM
I have to think NE will be playing the Pack receivers wicked tight and will try to take away all the short stuff. So Flynn has to have the guts to take some shots down field. That also means the friggin OL has to show up.

I'd love to see a screen game, which would serve as a surrogate to our non-existent running attack. But we've been screaming for the screen all year.