PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers likely not playing vs Pats

Cheesehead Craig
12-15-2010, 02:55 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/111942749.html

No practice this week and no film work = No start vs Pats IMO.

Looks like we're in with Flynn.

Tony Oday
12-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Just like Dilwig oh so long ago!!! Pack win in a landslide!

Airin' Rodgers
12-15-2010, 05:02 PM
As ironic as it is, we NEED the Vikings to win this week. A likely loss for the packers, but if the bears lose the Packers control their own destiny. 2 wins and we would be in

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Packers 55
Pats 11

steve823
12-15-2010, 05:15 PM
If Arod doesn't play, I'm interested to see if Flynn has to show after a full week of preparation. The patriots are great,but lets remember their defense is garbage.

gbgary
12-15-2010, 05:48 PM
AR doesn't need to practice. if the doc says he's good to go sunday morning then play him.

Scott Campbell
12-15-2010, 06:02 PM
AR doesn't need to practice. if the doc says he's good to go sunday morning then play him.

It wasn't just practice. He wasn't even in the meetings. No gameplan info. I don't think he can play.

gbgary
12-15-2010, 06:16 PM
It wasn't just practice. He wasn't even in the meetings. No gameplan info. I don't think he can play.

maybe not. hell, mm's game plans don't seem to change from game to game. run, throw a pass on 2nd and 12, and throw deep when you only need two yards. AR can just run the plays he's given, and check-off if he reads a blitz, like any other game. he can do that in his sleep.

Bossman641
12-15-2010, 06:33 PM
As ironic as it is, we NEED the Vikings to win this week. A likely loss for the packers, but if the bears lose the Packers control their own destiny. 2 wins and we would be in

I think we might need a miracle.

Vikings don't even know who their QB will be. Favre looks like he might be out. TJack has turf toe. Their other options are Joe Webb (a guy they have been converting to WR) or some scrub like Ramsey that they will be signing this week. On top of that, they still don't know where the game will be played but it sounds like it won't be the Metrodome. The Bears have lost 7 of their last 8 at the Dump.

Bears piss me off so much with their luck.

Brando19
12-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Then we need to root on the Jets next week. They need to beat the Bears.

hoosier
12-15-2010, 07:46 PM
I think we might need a miracle.

Vikings don't even know who their QB will be. Favre looks like he might be out. TJack has turf toe. Their other options are Joe Webb (a guy they have been converting to WR) or some scrub like Ramsey that they will be signing this week. On top of that, they still don't know where the game will be played but it sounds like it won't be the Metrodome. The Bears have lost 7 of their last 8 at the Dump.

Bears piss me off so much with their luck.

If the Packers hadn't gone out and stunk it up last Sunday against the Lions I might be inclined to sympathize with the damned luck sentiment. But you know what? Teams make their own luck, and to me the fact that the Packers absolutely laid an egg in a game they had to have makes it hard to feel bad for them. Strangely enough, the fact that they have battled through adversity all season long makes me feel even more strongly about this. The Packers didn't get fixed at all: they screwed themselves when they coulda been a contenda by taking the division despite having half their team on IR.

Joemailman
12-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Then we need to root on the Jets next week. They need to beat the Bears.

The Bears will clinch the division this week if they win and the Packers lose. Packers best shot at playoffs appears to be as a wildcard

Brando19
12-15-2010, 08:37 PM
The Bears will clinch the division this week if they win and the Packers lose. Packers best shot at playoffs appears to be as a wildcard

Are you sure??

Joemailman
12-15-2010, 08:50 PM
If Bears win and Packers lose, Bears will have a 2 game lead. Even if the Packers would beat Giants and Bears while Bears lose to Jets and Packers, Bears would win the division because of a better divisional record. That loss to the Lions was a killer.

Brando19
12-15-2010, 09:50 PM
If Bears win and Packers lose, Bears will have a 2 game lead. Even if the Packers would beat Giants and Bears while Bears lose to Jets and Packers, Bears would win the division because of a better divisional record. That loss to the Lions was a killer.

Holy shit...thanks man. GO VIKINGS!!!!!!

packerbacker1234
12-15-2010, 11:11 PM
I too see AR mos tlikely not playing. It's not really about the missed practices or even the gameplans, it's the missed film study. He would be going into the game blindfolded as to the defense he is going to be seeing. That is really dangerous, and at some point you have to then worry about his health for the game itself. 2nd concussion this year, and now he doesn't know the blitz packages or the coverage reads? Your just asking for him to get knocked around.

Looks to me like Flynn is the guy. I believe he can play a quality game if we gameplan it around him better. I am certainly interested seeing how he does now that he has a full week of preparation. Only thing that sucks is if Flynn plays well and we win somehow, he is definitely gone at the end of the year. Some team will want to give him a shot to earn a starting spot - and it sucks becuase he is a quality backup I feel. If he goes out and beats the patriots, everyone is going to believe in his value to this team. You can't understate a guy who beats the "best team in the nfl" but is a second stringer.

Again, that's hypothetical. That assumes AR doesn't play, and that Flynn plays well enough to beat the best team int eh NFL. Who knows, can't do any worse than Cutler did last week. Looking forward to some Matt Flynn action. May pick him up in my leagues since AR is my starter. May need to make the quick switch on sunday.

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-15-2010, 11:34 PM
If the Bears lose to the Vikings this week we just need to win the last two and we win the division. The most important game is actually the Bears game b/c there is a 0.00000000000000000000001 percent chance of beating the pats.

Packgator
12-16-2010, 12:18 AM
The patriots are great,but lets remember their defense is garbage.

The Patriots have given up 10 points in the last two games.....combined. Both games against likely playoff teams.

steve823
12-16-2010, 02:08 AM
The Patriots have given up 10 points in the last two games.....combined. Both games against likely playoff teams.

Ok the Jets have one of the WORST offenses in football. We shut them out and they can hardly score this year. The Bears offense is a little better but is still towards the bottom and is pretty bad. Now both teams have great defenses which got shredded (which is a problem and bad news for the Pack), but their offenses were bad.

steve823
12-16-2010, 02:09 AM
I too see AR mos tlikely not playing. It's not really about the missed practices or even the gameplans, it's the missed film study. He would be going into the game blindfolded as to the defense he is going to be seeing. That is really dangerous, and at some point you have to then worry about his health for the game itself. 2nd concussion this year, and now he doesn't know the blitz packages or the coverage reads? Your just asking for him to get knocked around.

Looks to me like Flynn is the guy. I believe he can play a quality game if we gameplan it around him better. I am certainly interested seeing how he does now that he has a full week of preparation. Only thing that sucks is if Flynn plays well and we win somehow, he is definitely gone at the end of the year. Some team will want to give him a shot to earn a starting spot - and it sucks becuase he is a quality backup I feel. If he goes out and beats the patriots, everyone is going to believe in his value to this team. You can't understate a guy who beats the "best team in the nfl" but is a second stringer.

Again, that's hypothetical. That assumes AR doesn't play, and that Flynn plays well enough to beat the best team int eh NFL. Who knows, can't do any worse than Cutler did last week. Looking forward to some Matt Flynn action. May pick him up in my leagues since AR is my starter. May need to make the quick switch on sunday.

How would that be bad? It would be nice to use Flynn as trade bait and be picky with what we get. I can't wait to see how he does with a full week under his belt.

pittstang5
12-16-2010, 09:20 AM
The Packers need a running game.....PLAIN and SIMPLE. If they had a running game, they beat Atlanta, they win last Sunday and they probably had a much better chance of winning the other games. The problem is, I really think this team can estblish the run, but McCarthy doesn't let them. Look at the attempts from last week. Take out Rodger's (2) and Flynn's (3) attempts and you have a total of 15 runs. 15 Attempts!!!! In a close game like that, throwing your back up QB into a game that he's probably not ready for.....you have to run the ball.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter. Packers are toast this week, Rodgers or not, they have no chance.

denverYooper
12-16-2010, 10:41 AM
The Packers need a running game.....PLAIN and SIMPLE. If they had a running game, they beat Atlanta, they win last Sunday and they probably had a much better chance of winning the other games. The problem is, I really think this team can estblish the run, but McCarthy doesn't let them. Look at the attempts from last week. Take out Rodger's (2) and Flynn's (3) attempts and you have a total of 15 runs. 15 Attempts!!!! In a close game like that, throwing your back up QB into a game that he's probably not ready for.....you have to run the ball.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter. Packers are toast this week, Rodgers or not, they have no chance.

I actually think that if Flynn starts they might make more of an attempt to run.

Gunakor
12-16-2010, 02:28 PM
I actually think that if Flynn starts they might make more of an attempt to run.

The run to pass ratio didn't change in Detroit after AR got hurt. MM put the ball in Flynn's hands and let him throw it just as often as Rodgers would have. Unless they see something in film study that they think they can take advantage of in the run game I still see them throwing the ball all over the field. AR getting a concussion didn't make our OL any better at run blocking.

gbgary
12-16-2010, 02:39 PM
he's going to be an even bigger sitting duck, operating out of the shotgun, than AR is. if they keep it simple, quick, and short they might be able to get a few first downs and eat up some clock...but that ain't gonna happen. it's gonna be run on first down, pass on 2nd and twelve, and go deep on third and 2.

Fosco33
12-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Assuming AR is out - do the Packers dare go into an NFL contest with no back-up QB? Who would it be? Some WR or RB?? Wildpack all the way :-)

Fritz
12-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Jordy Nelson is the back up QB after Graham Harrell. I wonder if Jordy is working on throwing that slant route?

Shoal
12-18-2010, 01:20 PM
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers did not receive medical clearance after sustaining his second concussion of the season and was ruled out for Sunday night's game at New England. The Packers also signed quarterback Graham Harrell from their practice squad and placed safety Anthony Smith on injured reserve.

denverYooper
12-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Well, shit.

denverYooper
12-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Good to see that they're looking out for Rodgers's long-term health though.

Bossman641
12-18-2010, 01:58 PM
The run to pass ratio didn't change in Detroit after AR got hurt. MM put the ball in Flynn's hands and let him throw it just as often as Rodgers would have. Unless they see something in film study that they think they can take advantage of in the run game I still see them throwing the ball all over the field. AR getting a concussion didn't make our OL any better at run blocking.

That really pissed me off. They should have relied on the run a lot more. Ridiculous that Flynn threw the ball 26 times in just over a half.

MJZiggy
12-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Just got off the phone with my boss, the Pats fan. It will be an interesting Monday.

mraynrand
12-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Jordy Nelson is the back up QB after Graham Harrell. I wonder if Jordy is working on throwing that slant route?

Those who can't run, throw.

Pugger
12-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Good to see that they're looking out for Rodgers's long-term health though.

This.

I'm glad Rodgers is out. Why risk it?

Well, it looks like the division is out of reach unless the bares play on Monday like they did last weekend. Let's get Rodgers back for next week and a run at a wild card spot.