PDA

View Full Version : Why is Joe Philbin the Packers offensive coordinator?

RashanGary
12-16-2010, 01:10 PM
JOE PHILBIN

Tulane
(graduate assistant)

WPI
(offensive line)

USMMA
(offensive line)

Allegheny College
(offensive line/coordinator)

Ohio
(offensive line)

Northeastern

Harvard

Iowa
(offensive line)

Green Bay Packers
(assistant offensive line)

Green Bay Packers
(tight ends/assistant offensive line)

Green Bay Packers
(offensive line)

Green Bay Packers
(offensive coordinator)

MIKE MCCARTHY

Fort Hays State
(Graduate assistant)

University of Pittsburgh
(Quarterbacks coach)

University of Pittsburgh
(Wide receivers coach)

Kansas City Chiefs
(Offensive quality control assistant)

Kansas City Chiefs
(Quarterbacks coach)

Green Bay Packers
(Quarterbacks coach)

New Orleans Saints
(Offensive coordinator)

San Francisco 49ers
(Offensive coordinator)

Green Bay Packers
(Head coach)

RashanGary
12-16-2010, 01:13 PM
And do you think he's doing a good job?

gbgary
12-16-2010, 01:16 PM
he's oc in title only. it's all mm.

Freak Out
12-16-2010, 01:39 PM
If he is here because of his line expertise then he needs to fucking be gone because of it. :)

Bretsky
12-16-2010, 05:24 PM
MM's loyal to his assistants; that is the best reason I came up with when he was hired. It's hard to figure out what he does vs MM
But I read a surprising article yesteday; premise was we basically have sucked on O in quarter one.

What is that a sign of ?

steve823
12-16-2010, 06:01 PM
I feel like we've been making excuses about our o-line for too damn long. They need to develop, they need to be next to each other longer, they need to be healthy, etc. With the exception of Sitton (one of the best Guards in the NFL), nobody on our o-line is consistent. I really doubt everyone is bad, I just think they need better coaching. Now whether that's the O-coordinator or the O-line coach, I don't know. Fire them both because the O-line (and injuries ) is the only thing holding this team back from being yearly super bowl contenders.

Joemailman
12-16-2010, 06:16 PM
MM's loyal to his assistants; that is the best reason I came up with when he was hired. It's hard to figure out what he does vs MM
But I read a surprising article yesteday; premise was we basically have sucked on O in quarter one.

What is that a sign of ?

Does he script the first 15 or so plays like Holmgren did? If so, that might explain some of it. Holmgren's teams often weren't very good in the 1st quarter either. The 2nd and 3rd quarters were often when they were the most productive.

Fritz
12-17-2010, 08:29 AM
Does he script the first 15 or so plays like Holmgren did? If so, that might explain some of it. Holmgren's teams often weren't very good in the 1st quarter either. The 2nd and 3rd quarters were often when they were the most productive.

Maybe they ought to take a page out of ol' Billy Martin's playbook. When he managed the Tigers back in the early 70's, they fell into a miserable hitting slump, so one game he pulled the lineup out of a hat. Maybe MM could pull the first quarter plays out of Joe Philbin's butt.

swede
12-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Maybe they ought to take a page out of ol' Billy Martin's playbook. When he managed the Tigers back in the early 70's, they fell into a miserable hitting slump, so one game he pulled the lineup out of a hat. Maybe MM could pull the first quarter plays out of Joe Philbin's butt.
Who's been sayin' he's not?

Fritz
12-17-2010, 03:11 PM
I guess I thought that if MM was pulling anything out of Joe Philbin's butt, that meant he was scoring...