PDA

View Full Version : SUPER BOWL....SUPER BOWL....ARE YOU KIDDING ME ??????? ADD YOUR RANT

Bretsky
12-19-2010, 08:52 AM
Reflecting on this season makes me ponder how well we pissed this season away. I saw expert after expert after expert predicting the Packers to get to the Super Bowl.

At bare minimum they were a strong playoff team where the injuries would catch up to us.

The Common Logic, which I'm not subscribing to until we play the Giants, is that this team is missing the playoffs.

How did this season become the nightmare it seems to be ?

Look at our losses....even short handed I fully expect to win most of these games

Da Bears......our talent is so much stronger and we only manage to score 17 points
WASHINGTON- Is this a bad dream...16-13.......TERRIBLE LOSS.....TERRIBLE- Loss to a team with inferior talent
MIAMI AT HOME- I was at this game....terrible nightmare. Lost to a team with inferior talent
LOSS TO DETROIT- Still sick on this one- 3 dam points. 3 dam points. Sickens me

After Hoody owns us tonight, we'll have two acceptable losses to solid teams in Atlanta and New England, and four completely unacceptable performances to inferior competition.

Our Defense has risen to nearly every occasion. Despite a boatload of injuries the Dominator has excelled
In those four ugly losses....17, 13, 20 (alright), and 3 points.

The offense has disappointed

It goes without saying that the specials teams has once again been a nightmare.
I'm still in the middle on whether Campen sucks or TT has sucked in getting us good enough players therea

But enought already

If this team fails to make the playoffs somebody needs to be held accountable because this cannot be the status quo for Green Bay

Iron Mike
12-19-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm holding you responsible for posting in the game day threads.

MJZiggy
12-19-2010, 09:02 AM
Yes! Let's fire Rodgers for not being able to get it done after Finley and Grant went down and Driver had a hammy! Fire Jennings for dropping that damn pass! Accountability all around!!!!

Even better!!! Fire Finley and Grant for getting injured!!!

Bretsky
12-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Yes! Let's fire Rodgers for not being able to get it done after Finley and Grant went down and Driver had a hammy! Fire Jennings for dropping that damn pass! Accountability all around!!!!

Even better!!! Fire Finley and Grant for getting injured!!!

Well then we're screwed every year

Agree Finley has really hurt us because he was a budding superstar

Losing Grant should not have traumatized us but perhaps it did because his backups are just not good enough.......hmmm

We used a 2nd round pick on Jordy Nelson (I won't even whisper which Pro Bowl WR we passed on) and a 3rd on Jones. Losing Driver really should not hurt us that much.

The facts speak for themselves...............and we should consider them unacceptable

If we fail to make the playoffs it's dam time for MM to Stir the Pot...........as Bretsky is doing right now :)

Bretsky
12-19-2010, 09:13 AM
I'm holding you responsible for posting in the game day threads.

you might be onto something; any time I've shown some confidence this year we seem to fall hard.

MJZiggy
12-19-2010, 09:17 AM
you might be onto something; any time I've shown some confidence this year we seem to fall hard.

The birth of the new wist...

pbmax
12-19-2010, 09:30 AM
I don't think Driver had much of a role in the problems here. But the O line and the Running Backs are just average enough and thin enough that a loss of one person has been close to catastrophic. I agree that is a major problem. One thing they should look at was carrying the 4 TEs (or 3 FBs) instead of another RB. Have Quarless and Crabtree each been better contributors than Wynn or Lumpkin would have been?

I am not sure Finley was replaceable through depth. Who has that guy as a backup on the roster? But McCarthy seems to have had trouble finding a way to defeat 2 deep coverage without him. Could be Rodgers failing to execute, but it eventually gets back to the QC, OC and HC.

And for the defense. I think there are more leaks here than people generally realize and the offense has been more obviously struggling. But the run D is not the same (could be mix of personnel losses and a lot of nickel coverage). Coverage versus the TE has been bad. And they let the Lions drive the distance to score the go ahead touchdown without much resistance. But overall it is hard to complain given the personnel losses and the superior pts against total.

Bretsky
12-19-2010, 09:40 AM
agree there are plenty of leaks on defense; my gut tells me we'll see them tonight

Capers has covered up his leaks more consistently than the offensive coaching staff has

Agree on the 3FB's and 4 TE's. It's just insance to keep an extra fullback for a special teams that sucks wind anyways.

Pugger
12-19-2010, 09:57 AM
I think the loss of Grant has been a bigger blow than Finley. His loss has made our offense one dimensional and not being able to run when we needed to has killed us 5 times this season. It has been a miracle how Capers has this D as productive as it has considering the injuries on this side of the ball have been ever more numerous. Losing Zombo and Jenkins for tonight may the straw that breaks the defense's back. :-(

Bossman641
12-19-2010, 10:12 AM
The offense probably could have held up losing either Finley or Grant. Losing both, so early in the year at that, was a killer.

Fritz
12-19-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm not angry about this season, outside of being angry at the football gods. Sure, injuries are part of the game - but the Packers are far and away leading the league in injured players - both IR (14 now) and week-to-week.

Do the Packers have weaknesses? Of course they do. There is no perfect football team. Hell, read up on NE and you find out their defense isn't so awesome. Every team has holes.

I am confident that had the Pack not suffered so, so many injuries, this team would be at least 9 - 4 and maybe 10 - 3 right now. I can't prove it, of course, but it seems to me that if you could add maybe half those IR guys back onto this team, you'd have enough there to make a difference in one or two games.

So my anger is directed at the football gods. F*ck them, their mothers, and anybody who looks like them.

sheepshead
12-19-2010, 11:48 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if we lose out.

denverYooper
12-19-2010, 11:56 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if we lose out.

At the least, I think they beat Chicago at Lambeau.

denverYooper
12-19-2010, 12:14 PM
I think the loss of Grant has been a bigger blow than Finley. His loss has made our offense one dimensional and not being able to run when we needed to has killed us 5 times this season. It has been a miracle how Capers has this D as productive as it has considering the injuries on this side of the ball have been ever more numerous. Losing Zombo and Jenkins for tonight may the straw that breaks the defense's back. :-(

I'm with you. After Grant went out they couldn't run the running game they'd planned; they tried to do so with BJack but it just didn't quite fit. If Starks had been available all season, he may have been able to fill Grant's role well enough by the latter part of the season but his being on PUP might have made him too little, too late.

Finley was a big loss also for similar reasons but they had Quarless who they have brought along and who allows them to run their passing game. Even though he doesn't demand the attention that Finley did and he's not the gamebreaker than Finley is I think he's progressed well. Green Bay should have some very deadly 2 TE sets (assuming health) in the next couple of years.

CaptainKickass
12-19-2010, 02:39 PM
the Packers are far and away leading the league in injured players - both IR (14 now) and week-to-week.

I wonder what the NFL record is for injured players put on IR during a regular season and how we compare to it this season.

gbgary
12-19-2010, 02:55 PM
too many last minute losses, too many injuries, too many incomplete deep passes on third and short, too many stuffed short yardage runs, too many penalties at key moments of the game, etc. it's also too late in the year to rant. too late to do much about current circumstances. time to ride it out and see how it all unfolds.

DannoMac21
12-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Wait until at least after the New England game to post this ridiculous rant.

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-19-2010, 04:40 PM
I hate the injury bug. We f-ing are going to get smashed tonight....I think its over after 10 mins. We have no players left.

channtheman
12-19-2010, 04:51 PM
At the least, I think they beat Chicago at Lambeau.

Then hope really hard that the Bears lose to the Vikings and to the Jets. IF that happens, we win the division over Chicago.

Tony Oday
12-19-2010, 05:00 PM
The Lions had no chance of beating the Packers...The Packers have no chance of beating the Patriots...Just saying that is why they play the game!!

channtheman
12-19-2010, 05:13 PM
The Lions had no chance of beating the Packers...The Packers have no chance of beating the Patriots...Just saying that is why they play the game!!

If we beat the Patriots we get cocky and then lose to the Giants. Then we miss the playoffs. I hope we get embarrassed so we can come back with a vengeance when it really matters.

Scott Campbell
12-19-2010, 05:15 PM

People watching the Lions knew they had a chance. And everybody else learned it today.

denverYooper
12-19-2010, 06:35 PM
People watching the Lions knew they had a chance. And everybody else learned it today.

Fritz was on top of it.

Pugger
12-19-2010, 06:43 PM
I wonder what the NFL record is for injured players put on IR during a regular season and how we compare to it this season.

Indy leads in that dubious catagory by having 16 guys on IR. We only have a measly 14. Yike.

Tony Oday
12-19-2010, 06:46 PM
I think we win 24-21 on a 58 yard Crosby FG...yeah I have faith!!!! GO PACK GO!

pbmax
12-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Indy leads in that dubious catagory by having 16 guys on IR. We only have a measly 14. Yike.

They are going to get another one as Collie got another concussion today. The last one kept him out five games. He is done. He was stiff as a board after he came to a rest on the turf with his arm cocked in an angle for him to push himself up. But he couldn't move.

denverYooper
12-19-2010, 06:51 PM

I've thought about this. Or, rather, I've thought about how it would be sort of funny in a way because of the multiple times this scenario hasn't worked out for Aaron.

denverYooper
12-19-2010, 06:55 PM

I'm sure Aaron would be happy with a win but on some level, don't you think he would be thinking "come on Mason, how come you never did that for me?" lol

HarveyWallbangers
12-19-2010, 08:57 PM
Honestly, with our injuries I think we've overachieved this year. If you had told me that we'd have injuries like we did in 2005, I would have said we'd have no shot at the playoffs.