PDA

View Full Version : Positives from the game

Bossman641
12-19-2010, 10:50 PM
-Flynn stepped up. I feel a lot more confident about the backup QB position going forward.
-Offensive playcalling

The playcalling was the big one for me. Great balance, 38 runs and 37 passes. Hopefully MM gained a little trust in the running game and they will run the ball the next 2 weeks. This is the thing that pisses me off the most about MM. He abandons the run too easily and goes with too much shotgun.

Put Rodgers under center, run the ball, and let's beat the shit out of those pouty bitches Eli and Cutler the next 2 weeks.

vince
12-19-2010, 10:53 PM
BJ Raji was big tonight.

The OL bounced back in the ground game. Bulaga missed some blitz adjustments in pass protection.

Credit Kuhn and Jackson too, both with solid games.

Sitton is a stud.

Hopefully Collins is OK.

gbgary
12-19-2010, 10:58 PM
lots of positives as far as "players" is concerned.

packerbacker1234
12-19-2010, 11:00 PM
-Flynn stepped up. I feel a lot more confident about the backup QB position going forward.
-Offensive playcalling

The playcalling was the big one for me. Great balance, 38 runs and 37 passes. Hopefully MM gained a little trust in the running game and they will run the ball the next 2 weeks. This is the thing that pisses me off the most about MM. He abandons the run too easily and goes with too much shotgun.

Put Rodgers under center, run the ball, and let's beat the shit out of those pouty bitches Eli and Cutler the next 2 weeks.

After watching this game, I have to wonder if Rodgers just prefers to be in the shotgun, and Flynn prefers to be under center. Clearly, being under center all game really opened our run game. Is Rodgers not comfortable doing 5 step drops? I mean, the difference was staggering. I don't think, outside of that 2 minute drive at the end, that Rodgers could of played any better than what flynn gave us,a dn given our shotgun offense we always have with him, I would argue, in this particular game outside of the hurry up, that Flynn's style and the way the game went with him in it produced better than it would of with Rodgers.

Freak Out
12-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Raji is a freaking beast out there.....the run game really helped Flynn settle in it seemed.....the D played well all things considered.

pbmax
12-19-2010, 11:29 PM
After watching this game, I have to wonder if Rodgers just prefers to be in the shotgun, and Flynn prefers to be under center. Clearly, being under center all game really opened our run game. Is Rodgers not comfortable doing 5 step drops? I mean, the difference was staggering. I don't think, outside of that 2 minute drive at the end, that Rodgers could of played any better than what flynn gave us,a dn given our shotgun offense we always have with him, I would argue, in this particular game outside of the hurry up, that Flynn's style and the way the game went with him in it produced better than it would of with Rodgers.

I would love to see numbers on this. Because Flynn had a lot of handoffs to Jackson from the shotgun. Not saying it isn't true, but that I noticed more runs from shotgun, esp in second half.

bobblehead
12-20-2010, 10:58 AM
I would love to see numbers on this. Because Flynn had a lot of handoffs to Jackson from the shotgun. Not saying it isn't true, but that I noticed more runs from shotgun, esp in second half.

yep, I've been bitching all year about lining up in shotgun, empty backfield with no chance of running a draw. Its all the difference in the world when the defense has to....you know, make a decision as to what you might do.

Scott Campbell
12-20-2010, 11:23 AM
The biggest positive I took from the game is that were not automatically done just because Rodgers can't go.

Tony Oday
12-20-2010, 11:44 AM
TT assembling a roster that can withstand losing just about anyone...

denverYooper
12-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Collins's rib injury is not serious. That's a positive.

Patler
12-20-2010, 03:03 PM
TT assembling a roster that can withstand losing just about anyone...

Or, in the case of this year, "just about EVERYONE!" :lol:

Tony Oday
12-20-2010, 03:46 PM
Or, in the case of this year, "just about EVERYONE!" :lol:

Well now we have had a player in every position, save kicker and punter, that has missed time...

Pugger
12-20-2010, 03:53 PM
The biggest positive I took from the game is that were not automatically done just because Rodgers can't go.

+1

Guiness
12-20-2010, 04:33 PM
+1
indeed - + 2

I'd also like to mention the great attitude I felt Rodgers was displaying on the sidelines...and how funny it was when Flynn did 'the belt' motion

Fritz
12-20-2010, 04:52 PM
The opening play call - the onsides kick to start. Gutsy and fun.

Mason Crosby's kicking. BJ Raji. Matt Flynn. Josh Sitton. More balanced play calling.

Freak Out
12-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Kuhn!

vince
12-20-2010, 05:01 PM
The Leaper Kuhn!

Bretsky
12-20-2010, 09:03 PM
MM seemed to have this team well prepared and ready to play from the outset.....not sure if I felt that about Detroit game

GB got off to a nice start and scored early; they have not been doing that often this season

Crosby once again looked solid but that is not a surprise to me

Flynn looks like he has the potential to bring us a third round draft pick some day

Jackson and Kuhn had some nice runs

Patler
12-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Well now we have had a player in every position, save kicker and punter, that has missed time...

Center?
long snapper?

packerbacker1234
12-21-2010, 03:16 AM
Positives: We control weather or not we make the playoffs.

Forget the Giants, Tampa, or anyone else. We win out, we're in. Bottom line. For all the crap that has happened, the injuries, the crappy loss to the lions: We still control weather or not we make the playoffs.

Oh, and a lot of players, individually, looked good during the game. Flynn showed great moxy and should have the confidence now to lead us should we lose AR at any point the rest of hte way.

Fritz
12-21-2010, 09:48 AM
We've stopped bitching about Jarrett Bush!

VermontPackFan
12-21-2010, 11:07 AM
I agree, Kuhn finally showed he has some wiggle in his hips and can actually make people miss instead of trying to run them all the time.

On the not so positive side, is anyone else beginning to worry about Bulaga? He has not looked good over the last few weeks...Maybe he has hit the rookie wall?

denverYooper
12-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Remember when Green Bay's defense was terrible against elite quarterbacks?

That doesn't seem to be a problem any more.

bobblehead
12-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Positives: We control weather or not we make the playoffs.

Forget the Giants, Tampa, or anyone else. We win out, we're in. Bottom line. For all the crap that has happened, the injuries, the crappy loss to the lions: We still control weather or not we make the playoffs.

Oh, and a lot of players, individually, looked good during the game. Flynn showed great moxy and should have the confidence now to lead us should we lose AR at any point the rest of hte way.

I wish we controlled the weather....

Teamcheez1
12-21-2010, 05:59 PM
The most obvious one of all - we get a higher draft choice. I don't take much away from close losses. That's pretty much the norm for us when we lose now.