PDA

View Full Version : Come on lets talk about playoffs, are you guys kidding me?

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Well playoffs start next week for us. We are basically in the playoffs now. We win five in a row and we are in the superbowl. We could also get in 9-7 if we beat the Giants and lose to the Bears if the Bucs lose out and the Giants lose to the Redskins the last week of the season. There is no scenario that we can get in if we lose to the Giants though. This week we have to win or we are officially eliminated from the playoffs.

Big game this weekend I hope we can pull if off. I must say though I don't like how we match up against them. Jenkins is out this week, but we really need Rodgers back at his best.

denverYooper
12-20-2010, 02:11 PM
I agree that this week is a playoff game and that the Giants bring the style of play that can give this team problems: physical up front on D, aggressive to the QB, and a 2 back attack that could give GBs D some issues. I'm willing to bet that their D is looking at the Lions game tape and planning to whip the Packers up front. M3 had better be crafting his gameplan with that in mind.

On the other hand, their ST is probably worse than GBs and their offense is prone to turning the ball over. Packer DBs have to hang on to picks this week!

mmmdk
12-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Eli = picks

HarveyWallbangers
12-20-2010, 02:31 PM
There is no scenario that we can get in if we lose to the Giants though.

Is this true? What happens if we lose to the Giants, beat the Bears, and the Bears lose their other two games?

channtheman
12-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Is this true? What happens if we lose to the Giants, beat the Bears, and the Bears lose their other two games?

We win the division at 9-7.

Bossman641
12-20-2010, 03:07 PM

I think Packers would win division. Packers and Bears would both be 9-7, 4-2 in division, and 7-5 in conference. What is the next tie-breaker? Record vs common opponents? That's a tie at 7-5. Then strength of victory? I think Packers take that over the Bears.

I'm not very confident, but I really hope Vikings beat the Bears tonight. Just wish Webb wasn't slated to start.

HarveyWallbangers
12-20-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm not very confident, but I really hope Vikings beat the Bears tonight. Just wish Webb wasn't slated to start.

They've upgraded the fossil from out to questionable (which is a new one to me). Apparently, the ole war horse would like to give it a try.

Freak Out
12-20-2010, 04:20 PM
I know nothing of Webb but I heard he showed some promise during training camp and pre-season....was it at WR or QB? With AP and the run game there should be some openings for this kid to pass. Maybe the Minny D will show up.

Bossman641
12-20-2010, 04:30 PM
They've upgraded the fossil from out to questionable (which is a new one to me). Apparently, the ole war horse would like to give it a try.

Ya I heard he was upgraded to questionable, but that doesn't thrill me much either. A fossil with a shoulder injury who can't play well in cold weather anyways or a rookie who was being transitioned to WR 2-3 weeks ago. Woo-hoo.

Vikings will need to win with defense.

denverYooper
12-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Antrel Rolle provides some locker material for the Packers:
http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/t-rock-s-take-on-the-giants-1.811990/antrel-rolle-we-will-get-in-1.2555642

Fritz
12-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Well, we will find out this weekend if this injury-decimated team is worthy of the playoffs.

Any word on Collins? Or Rodgers?

vince
12-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Well, we will find out this weekend if this injury-decimated team is worthy of the playoffs.

Any word on Collins? Or Rodgers?

McCarthy said that the latest on Collins is that his rib injury is better than they anticipated. The latest on Rodgers is that he's dating Erin Andrews.

Airin' Rodgers
12-20-2010, 06:39 PM
Posted this in the other playoff thread... but if this one is going to become the new one..

A few scenarios....

Packers can win division by:

1. Bears lose to Vikings. Packers beat Giants. Bears beat Jets/Bears lose to Jets. Packers beat bears
2. Bears lose out. Packers lose to NY but beat Chicago

Packers can win WC by:

1. Packers win remaining 2
2. Packers beat Giants. Lose to Bears. Giants lose to Redskins Week 17. Bucs lose 1 of remaining 2.

So, bottom line is the Packers can be 9-7 and make the playoffs in a few different ways. But if they win the last 2, they are in.

HarveyWallbangers
12-20-2010, 07:09 PM
Peterson is out. Webb is extremely raw. If he plays now, you'd see Spergeon Wynn-like results. I think his future is at WR.

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Lets think big! Packers win last two at home and the Eagles fall apart and lose the last two. Bears lose tonight to the Vikings. Packers get first round bye and a home game. Imagine that. :)

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-20-2010, 08:52 PM
The way the Bears are palying right now the Gaints game is a must win. We lose and we are out.

Bretsky
12-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Bears will not lose; this game is a guaranteed Viking meltdown.

Whammy please be alive

packerbacker1234
12-21-2010, 03:13 AM
Once Favre went down the air was just sucked out of the vikings. For a bit there it looked like, with Favre, they had a chance.

Anyways, it played out. Bears have the division. That means this next game is a must win, which of course it still was a must win really regardless. Even with that being said, the bears game will most likely be a must win too.

So....

Here we go baby, our playoffs start two weeks early. Must win from here on out. The only nice part is despite all that has happened, WE control weather or not we make the playoffs as a WC team.