PDA

View Full Version : In case you needed more proof of the fact....

Patler
12-20-2010, 11:16 PM
... that 2010 is the year in which the football gods are smiling upon the Bears. What are the chances of facing the Vikings:

- without Brett Favre; AND
- without Tarvaris Jackson; AND
- without Adrian Peterson.

Bossman641
12-20-2010, 11:53 PM
The Bears have played 2 "away" games that weren't at the home teams' home stadium.
They beat Det on a fortuitous call
The one game they had a serious injury (Cutler) was at Carolina, possibly the worst team in football
They played against Miami's 3rd string QB and without Marshall
They played against Philly, minus Asante Samuel and Juqua Parker
They played against Detroit's 3rd string QB
They played against Minn, minus Favre, AD, and Hutchinson

To recap, their last 3 away games have been against third string QB's. They have 2 players on IR, neither significant. I can't stand the Bears.

Guiness
12-21-2010, 01:51 AM
Detroit's 3rd string QB beat us.

Just saying.

channtheman
12-21-2010, 03:08 AM

Just saying.

False. We beat ourselves. Of course it all looks the same in the loss column so it doesn't really make any difference.

Joemailman
12-21-2010, 06:21 AM

Just saying.

You're right, but then again, the Bears have faces 4 or 5 3rd string QB's. They've played well, but they've definitely had some breaks.

packrulz
12-21-2010, 06:44 AM

Just saying.
I would say Detroit's defense beat us.

pittstang5
12-21-2010, 06:55 AM
False. We beat ourselves. Of course it all looks the same in the loss column so it doesn't really make any difference.

Maybe, but the Bears are beating teams they should be beating. Packers, not so much.

(That Detriot loss still bugs the hell outta me)

Bossman641
12-21-2010, 08:33 AM

Just saying.

Right, he did. I just know I'd be about 1000% more confident going against 3rd string QB's then I would going against starters.

Fritz
12-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Still, Green Bay has squandered so many opportunities this year. The 2 - 10 Leos with a third string QB is the worst of it. That loss is really what has put this season in danger.

red
12-21-2010, 10:10 AM
bears have only outscored their opponents by a total of 51 points this year. that includes the 26 point blowout last night

green bay has scored 113 more points then their opponents

yet the bears have one 2 more games

our offense has scored more and our defense has allowed less then the bears

denverYooper
12-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Still, Green Bay has squandered so many opportunities this year. The 2 - 10 Leos with a third string QB is the worst of it. That loss is really what has put this season in danger.

Aren't they 4-10? :)

denverYooper
12-21-2010, 10:41 AM

I'll agree. The Packers had a terrible game vs. the Lions. Their DL whipped us up front but GB blew at least 4 scoring opportunities.

That same 3rd string QB had a much better game vs the Bears and the Bucs than vs the Packers D. Not that it matters much, really.

VermontPackFan
12-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Following this line of thinking, our finale against Chicago should be a cake walk...?

Scott Campbell
12-21-2010, 11:16 AM

Just saying.

I'd say Detroit's defense beat us, and that there's no stigma in that. Good team.

Brandon494
12-21-2010, 11:27 AM
It's the special teams. They win the close game we lose because their special teams give them that extra while ours gives the other team alittle extra.

Fritz
12-21-2010, 12:12 PM
But Green Bay's special teams outplayed the Leos' special teams in that game.

RashanGary
12-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Veteran
Disciplined (cept Cutler)
Smart
Steady
Workman like
Plain (on defense)
Good ST's

They're not sexy, not at all. I don't think they have the type of star power to be a real SB team, but they don't beat themselves, they're healthy adn they'er good. They'll make it to the NFCC game I think. I don't see them being able to beat ATL.

Freak Out
12-21-2010, 12:20 PM
The Packers got beat by the Lions.....they sucked and the Lions won. Bottom line.

denverYooper
12-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Following this line of thinking, our finale against Chicago should be a cake walk...?

Not while Slocum is coaching.

Smidgeon
12-21-2010, 01:39 PM
So why are the Bears charmed and the Pack cursed? Jim McMahon wearing his Bears' jersey to the White House after the 96 Super Bowl?

Patler
12-21-2010, 02:03 PM
So why are the Bears charmed and the Pack cursed? Jim McMahon wearing his Bears' jersey to the White House after the 96 Super Bowl?

Because the roles were reversed in 2007. Good fortune smiled on the Packers that year, the Bears not so much.

Coaches have said it doesn't matter who you play as much as it matters when you play them.

denverYooper
12-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Can we just trade 2007 back for for a few more wins this year?

Freak Out
12-21-2010, 02:45 PM
WTH is up with the 403 crap again?

hoosier
12-21-2010, 02:49 PM
Veteran
Disciplined (cept Cutler)
Smart
Steady
Workman like
Plain (on defense)
Good ST's

They're not sexy, not at all. I don't think they have the type of star power to be a real SB team, but they don't beat themselves, they're healthy adn they'er good. They'll make it to the NFCC game I think. I don't see them being able to beat ATL.

I see at least three teams in the NFC, maybe four or five, who should beat the Bears if they face them in the playoffs: Atl, Philly, NO, GB (if Rodgers is healthy) and NYG (if they can pull themselves off the mat after last Sunday's collapse). No way does Chicago make it to the NFCCG. Of course I would have said the same about them winning the NFCN up until a few weeks ago!

bobblehead
12-21-2010, 03:32 PM
It's the special teams. They win the close game we lose because their special teams give them that extra while ours gives the other team alittle extra.

Simple, straightforward, and seemingly accurate.

RashanGary
12-21-2010, 06:47 PM
?

vince
12-21-2010, 07:08 PM
The Bears are who the football gods thought they were. If you want to crown their ass, then crown 'em, but they are who they thought they were, and they let 'em off the hook.

Joe
12-21-2010, 08:22 PM
WTH is up with the 403 crap again?
I haven't the slightest what you are referring to.:oops:

Finally discovered it was a hosting issue. Resolved now.

rbaloha1
12-22-2010, 01:44 AM
... that 2010 is the year in which the football gods are smiling upon the Bears. What are the chances of facing the Vikings:

- without Brett Favre; AND
- without Tarvaris Jackson; AND
- without Adrian Peterson.

The Bears are better period. Nothing to do with god.

easy cheesy
12-22-2010, 01:55 AM
The Bears are better period. Nothing to do with god.

You spelled "God" with a lower case "g"...... a scourge is now cast upon you....may a Bear shit in your woods...lol....

Freak Out
12-22-2010, 02:11 AM
I haven't the slightest what you are referring to.:oops:

Finally discovered it was a hosting issue. Resolved now.

Thanks Joe.

mmmdk
12-22-2010, 07:22 AM
I believe that a team take care of their own business; Packers aren't that elite - all the way from coaches to incomplete units. ST is still among worst in the league, offense is great...sans OL and no really good backup RB which concludes that our offense is overrated. Defense is good enough for championship games.

Bears are more complete - sad but true. In a way I'm thankfull that such teams do preveil in the end (I'm selectively forgetting it's the Bears) :lol: