PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl Fan Voting

HarveyWallbangers
12-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Glad to see Sitton get the recognition from the fans.

Four members of the Green Bay Packers, including linemen Chad Clifton and Josh Sitton, outside linebacker Clay Matthews Jr., and cornerback Charles Woodson are the NFC's top vote-getters in their respective positions based on Pro Bowl fan voting.

Fan voting ended Monday.

Little Whiskey
12-22-2010, 03:52 PM
too bad for tramon williams. i thought he should have gotten a sniff at the probowl this year.

HarveyWallbangers
12-22-2010, 03:56 PM
This is just the fan voting. It doesn't even guarantee that Sitton and the others will get a Pro Bowl nod. It counts towards 1/3 of the voting. Coaches and players also have votes.

Smidgeon
12-22-2010, 04:13 PM
This is just the fan voting. It doesn't even guarantee that Sitton and the others will get a Pro Bowl nod. It counts towards 1/3 of the voting. Coaches and players also have votes.

Which is probably where Tramon will gain votes...

packerbacker1234
12-22-2010, 04:49 PM
IF woodson has made that big time gifted pick last game ont he patriots first drive I would understand him being a leading vote getter. Not that he has been horrible this year: http://www.nfl.com/players/CharlesWoodson/careerstats?id=WOO661523

Those are some solid statistics. IT also doesn't take into effect how much freedom he gives this defense to run different schemes.

Statistically speaking, Williams is having the better year: http://www.nfl.com/players/TramonWilliams/careerstats?id=WIL545231

His lack of returns for a TD, and our lack of winning against more big name teams, has possibly been his main deterrent. Woodson has the national recognition after last year. Clay has it this year. It's a popularity contest with fans. Woodson is still a great CB, but I do think Williams is better one on one, and woodson is better in zone (though still good one on one of course, just not as good as williams). Same was true of last year when harris was always one on one with the best - Woodson is best left to roam the field with occasional man coverage. Unfortunately. he has had the case of the drops this year. There are a lot of dropped picks this year that if it were just last season, would of assuredly been caught. May just be a mental block for him this season.