PDA

View Full Version : Driver Deserves Man of the Year Award from the NFL

packerbacker1234
12-22-2010, 04:39 PM
http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/5942891

Not sure if everyone has seen this piece yet, or if it's been posted, but I really wanted to bring this to the forefront. I don't think anyone knew just how big of a impact Donald Driver made in detroit. It was obvious Rodgers had already shrugged of the training staff - they weren't around him, and Rodgers still had his helmet. He must of passed the initial testing to get back in at that point, having thought he could still play. Realistically, in a perfect world where Rodgers was assurede to not get hit in the head the rest of the game - he most likely could of continued to played, and palyed well enough for us to win.

Other players have done so in the past. But as Driver showed his true human side, set his competitive side aside and straight up convinced Rodgers that life is more important than a game, he really did take a bold step. A step that has yet to be taken really with any other club.

Rodgers could of went back on the field in Detroit, but it was Driver that persuaded Rodgers to thinka obut his life, and seek some medical attention. He just didn't look right to ol' DD. As always, Donald Driver is a consumate professional and a leading example of what the NFL should want every player to be.

Smart, poised, hard working, giving back to the community, friendly to everyone all the time, and truly able to set aside the realities of life verses a game.

I agree with this article: The NFL should really be trying to use Driver as a poseter boy for their Concussion fight that palyers seem to be arguing against so often. Driver just "gets it", and unlike so many out there, he cares about the well being of his teammates, not just himself. It has to be the most unselfish act of the 2010 football season. One that deserves some recognition. Although I am sure Driver is fine with not getting any attention over it: He'll tell you he's just being himself.

Donald Driver's importance to this ball club cannot be understated. He may be the most undervalued team leader in the entire league.