PDA

View Full Version : Sitton, Mathews, Clifton, Woodson, maybe Rodgers

Patler
12-23-2010, 06:20 AM
... could be headed to the Pro Bowl.

With fan voting done, the top vote-getters at their positions in the NFC include Sitton, Mathews, Clifton and Woodson. Rodgers is second to Vick, But Rodgers finished #9 in vote totals among all NFL players.

Sitton is a bit of a surprise, as I didn't think he had enough name recognition yet among all fans. But announcers have talked him up a lot in the national broadcasts.

Kind of ridiculous if the Packers put two O-linemen into the Pro-Bowl, and play as poorly as they do as a unit.

Iron Mike
12-23-2010, 06:37 AM
Kind of ridiculous if the Packers put two O-linemen into the Pro-Bowl, and play as poorly as they do as a unit.

Goes to show you that the talent is there, it's just that the coaching suxxxxxx.........

http://thmg.photobucket.com/albums/v214/willysmb44/th_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif

What's Jags doing again?? Coaching Omaha???

Gunakor
12-23-2010, 07:47 AM
Is the level of OL play in the NFC really that bad across the board this year? Fans don't have any idea what they're looking at? Packer fans flooded the ballot boxes like crazy?

How on earth did TWO of our guys end up top vote getters at their positions?

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Clifton should not be in the pro bowl he sucks. Keep Sitton and hopefully Bulaga is good and cut everyone else.

Scott Campbell
12-23-2010, 10:09 AM
Raji and Tramon need to start feeling some more love from around the league.

denverYooper
12-23-2010, 10:14 AM

There's usually a lag in the fan voting. The NFL fandom hoi polloi just are not as well-educated as the average Packerrat.

Patler
12-23-2010, 10:22 AM

There's usually a lag in the fan voting. The NFL fandom hoi polloi just are not as well-educated as the average Packerrat.

Which makes Sitton's voting results all the more impressive, especially for a player at perhaps the least publicized position on either offense or defense.

RashanGary
12-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Matthews, Sitton, Woodson, Williams, Rodgers, Raji, Jennings and maybe even Collins would be legitimate top guys in the NFC IMO.

SnakeLH2006
12-23-2010, 11:38 PM

I agree, Scott. Raji is so consistent and so is Tramon.....but what the hell with Sitton? He's deece and all, but I'm sure we all watch the games....How is Sitton dominant? Our Running game sucks....Sitton has given up some sacks. The TV guys praise Sitton, but I don't see it at all. He's deece, but Pro-Bowler? No. Maybe I'm used to seeing guys open big ass holes like Larry Allen, Hutchinson, Ron Jeremy, etc. as I don't see that from Sitton....He's had some big plays, but really is not elite (Pro-Bowl worthy) IMO. If he was, we'd run up RG all game and have a running attack. All year it looks like 2005 with journeymen RB's getting stuffed left and right when we need 3rd and 1 or 2....Yeah BJack and Kuhn..I'm looking at you. If Sitton was so good, we'd do it.

Joemailman
12-23-2010, 11:43 PM
Which makes Sitton's voting results all the more impressive, especially for a player at perhaps the least publicized position on either offense or defense.

A couple of TV announcers (Aikman and Collinsworth?) have sung Sitton's praises this year. That really helps at a position where the fans can't rely on individual stats.

SnakeLH2006
12-24-2010, 01:16 AM
A couple of TV announcers (Aikman and Collinsworth?) have sung Sitton's praises this year. That really helps at a position where the fans can't rely on individual stats.

Did you read what I just wrote?

TV announcers were all Sitton early, but watch him and he's far from dominating. Our run-game sucks and Sitton gives up pressures galore. He's far from sucking, but far from elite, Joe.

Gunakor
12-24-2010, 04:28 AM
Quick, without googling, name a right guard starting for an NFC team that'd you'd nominate over Sitton for more than name recognition.

I've come to the conclusion that Sitton and Clifton earning the most fan votes at their respective positions is more due to the fact that OL play in the NFC isn't that great in general this year. No, Sitton is not elite yet. He's young, he may be elite in the future, but right now he's not. Then again, neither is anybody else playing right guard in the NFC. I think Sitton is as deserving as anybody this year.

Gunakor
12-24-2010, 04:32 AM
I'm actually more surprised at Clifton. He's had much better years in the past, yet was barely an afterthought when it came down to Pro Bowl voting. I think he was an alternate one year. By Chad Clifton standards he's had an average season this year and suddenly he's the top vote getter at LT? Again, I think that speaks more to the level of LT play across the conference than it does to Clifton's season. You'd think there'd be at least one standout at LEFT tackle for some NFC team. I mean, it's widely considered a premium position after all. Apparently there hasn't been one this year. Good for Chad, but it doesn't look good for the NFC in Hawaii this year.

BobDobbs
12-25-2010, 01:39 AM
Fan Voting is a pox upon the Probowl. I'm a fan, I know fans, and I read comments that fans leave. Sometimes even on JSonline if I just need to feel better about my ability to use observation and reason. We've got no business deciding who goes to the probowl. Especially at offensive line. The only redeeming quality in this travesty is that the game is a complete sham. So, why not make the voting a sham too.