PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Underrated - Josh Sitton

denverYooper
12-23-2010, 08:48 AM
FO's Doug Farrar did a piece on Sitton and his work against Suh after the rookie DT indicated that Green Bay's Right Guard was the OL he respected most.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/cover-3/2010/cover-2-rise-underrated-part-1

PFF has also praised Sitton's play (especially in the run game) often.

VermontPackFan
12-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Sitton is a good building block, but I think we will have to spend high (rounds 1-3) draft picks on a center & RT to finally get a consistent run game going. Wells is playing well but is not the long term answer nor is a powerful drive/run blocker. Bulaga is concerning me, hopefully is just hitting the rookie wall and will bounce back next year.

rbaloha1
12-23-2010, 11:15 AM
JS is another Timmerman. BB and Lang are solid. Newhouse looked promising in pre season. Need to find the proper coaches to coach them up.

SnakeLH2006
12-23-2010, 11:57 PM
JS is another Timmerman. BB and Lang are solid. Newhouse looked promising in pre season. Need to find the proper coaches to coach them up.

Thank god someone else sees it. Sitton is physical, but not Pro-Bowl worthy. Sitton has a LONG WAY to go. He made a few plays, but is far from dominate or Pro-Bowl ready. What are these TV guys (Aikman early on, some others) smoking? Sitton has not delivered. Clifton, believe it or not, was our best lineman early on. Bulaga has been deece. Sitton is deece. Sitton is not great. I've seen him in the past 2 weeks get beat on pass-rush with 1 guy a few times, and his drive-blocking went backwards. He's just a guy right now. They have high hopes for him in GB (Snake does too) but hell, let's get a yard on 3rd and 1, bro. Sitton has been pretty damn average as of late...just a big guy who is so-so pash-rush and really declined in the past few games in the run game. Sitton hasn't done shit. I blame Campen....get rid of that clown. He's been the OL coach for many years and no one has gotten better of the young guys.

Campy should just go fishing with Bart in the offseason so they can relive the past glories. Get the clown (Campen) out of town.