PDA

View Full Version : Touchbacks

Bossman641
12-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Crosby has only 3 touchbacks on the year, 28th in the league. For comparison, Cundiff is leading with 38. This is extremely low, especially since he has one of the strongest legs in the league.

Last year - 12 (12th)
2008 - 17 (6th)
2007 - 14 (6th)

My guess would be that Slocum is askin him to focus on hangtime and directional kicking over distance. Why?? That obviously isn't working. Why not let him swing away?

Fritz
12-23-2010, 01:29 PM
I would have to agree with your analysis given lack of more info and what seems to be the fact that Crosby has one of the strongest legs in the league. Hell, in pre-game against Detroit, he was belting into the back of the end zone pretty regularly.

denverYooper
12-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Even when he kicks into the endzone, teams are taking it out because GB's coverage unit is so sloppy.

red
12-23-2010, 02:25 PM
i commented on this is the game thread after crosby just drilled one out of the back of the endzone after the squib disaster

he has a huge leg, leg him bomb it

or my other idea was to just kick the fucker straight out of bounds. give it to them at the 40. with our squib kicks, the best case is that they get the ball around the 30 or 35. so we're not losing mush more by kicking it out and eliminating the return.

it sounds like a horrible idea, but after watching a fat man return a squid kick for 70 some odd yards against us i'm starting to think maybe its not that stupid. we really are that horrible on coverage

MJZiggy
12-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Nah, I watch the Ravens a lot with my sweetie. It's pretty nice to be able to assume that the other team will start on their 20. I think blowing it out the back of the end zone every time is a fine strategy.

swede
12-23-2010, 05:50 PM
I think blowing it out the back of the end zone every time is a fine strategy.

This stuff! Another reason to get the Garbage Can back online.

MJZiggy
12-23-2010, 06:08 PM
This stuff! Another reason to get the Garbage Can back online.

You've been eating Mad's cooking again haven't you?

Little Whiskey
12-23-2010, 08:35 PM
......and visiting Red's house for christmas?

BobDobbs
12-25-2010, 01:49 AM
This is, in my mind the biggest reason among many that Slocum shouldn't have a job. And I mean any job. He is not competent. Crosby has kicked it out of bounds I think 3 times, we just gave up a huge return on the squib, he is constantly changing up his kicking strategy and it is obviously a coached strategy. Crosby has a huge leg. It's so simple. Kick it into the endzone. There are times for the squib, and the kick to end the half last Sunday was a great one. EXCEPT, Crosby had just kicked the ball through the endzone, so maybe we could have just done that.

I'd hate to see Slocum tie his shoes. He'd have to use a different knot every time just to make sure it didn't come untied.

Fritz
12-25-2010, 04:33 PM
This is, in my mind the biggest reason among many that Slocum shouldn't have a job. And I mean any job. He is not competent. Crosby has kicked it out of bounds I think 3 times, we just gave up a huge return on the squib, he is constantly changing up his kicking strategy and it is obviously a coached strategy. Crosby has a huge leg. It's so simple. Kick it into the endzone. There are times for the squib, and the kick to end the half last Sunday was a great one. EXCEPT, Crosby had just kicked the ball through the endzone, so maybe we could have just done that.

I'd hate to see Slocum tie his shoes. He'd have to use a different knot every time just to make sure it didn't come untied.

Oh, BobDobbs. You're so overdramatic. Slocum should have a job. He's competent. He'd make a fine car wash guy, and I think he could shine in the fast food world as well.

mraynrand
12-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Oh, BobDobbs. You're so overdramatic. Slocum should have a job. He's competent. He'd make a fine car wash guy, and I think he could shine in the fast food world as well.

I'm sorry, Mr. McFly! I meant I was just STARTING on the second coat!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Sjqlh8jN0iA/S7OBjf8IREI/AAAAAAAAAPE/WZtN4_HKfWc/s400/biff3.jpg

BobDobbs
12-26-2010, 08:30 AM

Well, Fritz you've convinced me. In keeping with the Christmas spirit I'll let Slocum wash my car. But he has to do it outside in roller skates and short shorts while I drink beer and laugh. Under no circumstances will I eat any food prepared by that nincompoop. The holiday spirit goes only so far.

Fritz
12-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Hey, maybe I can get Drew Barrymore to wash my car in roller skates an short shorts...

MJZiggy
12-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Hey, maybe I can get Drew Barrymore to wash my car in roller skates an short shorts...You think she's that hard up? 'Fraid to wonder what she spent all the money from the last movie on...