PDA

View Full Version : McGinn's Unfair Slam

Fritz
12-26-2010, 10:37 AM
It's only one line, but it bothered me. In the section of the JSO in which the writers give their predictions, Here's what McGinn said about the 2007 championship game: " Brett Favre folded his tent the last time these two teams met. So did Al Harris."

Here's the link: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/112458049.html

I feel like that's a cheap shot at Al Harris. There appears to be enough evidence that Favre did not want to play in the cold - a recent article in the JSO mentioned that the Giants felt Favre didn't want to play in that weather, and then there's the report that at halftime MM was fuming over Favre's lack of desire to be out there in the cold. So I would argue that it's fair enough to use the phrase "folded his tent" in reference to Favre.

But not Harris. He sucked in that game, maybe. Plaxico Burress had him turned around every which way but Sunday. But Harris battled the whole time. I don't see any evidence that he gave up or didn't want to be out there.

It just seemed like an unnecessary cheap shot against a guy who's been pretty classy. Just unnecessary.

Thank you for listening to me complain.

PA Pack Fan
12-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Look at it this way, at least Farve has an excuse.

MadtownPacker
12-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Look at it this way, at least Farve has an excuse.
Well, well the snake types as if human. Any other post you need to make with the intention of starting shit lil bitch ass? Actually got anything good to contribute you sorry MFer?

bobblehead
12-26-2010, 11:41 AM
I agree, it wasn't fair to say al folded his tent. I am not sure he meant it that way. I tend to like McGinn, and Al had some great plays made against him and didn't play his best, but to imply he gave up....not fair at all.

MadtownPacker
12-26-2010, 11:44 AM
I agree, it wasn't fair to say al folded his tent. I am not sure he meant it that way. I tend to like McGinn, and Al had some great plays made against him and didn't play his best, but to imply he gave up....not fair at all.
All was there on every play. He just kept getting beat on the jumpball. Hardly a lack of effort.

bobblehead
12-26-2010, 11:50 AM
All was there on every play. He just kept getting beat on the jumpball. Hardly a lack of effort.

Agree 100%. Plax played the best game of his career, and Eli was spot on several times. I still remember the perfectly covered pass where Eli threw it over the top. Al missed it by about 3 inches and Plax caught it with his fingertips....you just can't defend that play. (unless a safety lays him out when he catches it)

th87
12-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Agreed. And for any Favre defender on this game, watch it again. Eight in the box.

bobblehead
12-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Agreed. And for any Favre defender on this game, watch it again. Eight in the box.

He was cold, cut him some slack :P

esoxx
12-26-2010, 02:56 PM
The problem in the '08 NFC Championship game was Vanilla Bob's lack of any type of adjustment to what was happening. I put that more on him than Al. Manning kept chucking back shoulder throws to Burress in man coverage. I don't care if Deion Sanders is out there. You're playing man coverage, running with the WR with your back to the QB. Back shoulder throw is impossible to defend if the ball is put where it should be and to Manning's credit that day he put it on the money. Unless the DB has eyes in the back of his head, it's up the D-Coordinator to make an adjustment and Vanilla Bob failed.

Mix in some zone with that man coverage and back shoulder goes away. That was a main weapon all game and we just let them have it whenever they felt like it. Stupid.

PA Pack Fan
12-26-2010, 07:06 PM
Pffffft.............Harris was a complete failure in every sense a cornerback could be. He got beat on jumballs, lowballs, outsideballs, insideballs, you fucking name it. Buress owned him.

Scott Campbell
12-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Pffffft.............Harris was a complete failure in every sense a cornerback could be. He got beat on jumballs, lowballs, outsideballs, insideballs, you fucking name it. Buress owned him.

I haven't had the stomach to watch the game again since it was played, but didn't they finally give Harris some help on Burris in the 2nd half. I think McCarthy shares a lot of the blame with Harris for stubbornly leaving Al matched up in single coverage for the entire first half.

bobblehead
12-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Scott, by replying to such crap you give him his jollies

retailguy
12-26-2010, 10:27 PM
Scott, by replying to such crap you give him his jollies

We used to attract intelligent trolls. This idiot is a real nut job.

Fritz
12-26-2010, 10:43 PM
Intelligent trolls? You mean like Dabaddest Bear and Bearman???

retailguy
12-26-2010, 10:55 PM
Intelligent trolls? You mean like Dabaddest Bear and Bearman???

Compared to this latest guy? You betcha.