PDA

View Full Version : It keeps getting weirder for the Vikings...

denverYooper
12-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Their Faustian powers apparently ended last year.

Their Sunday night game vs. Philly has been postponed due to snow.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d32bae/article/blizzard-forces-postponement-of-vikeseagles-game-to-tuesday?module=breaking_news

Mephistopheles just collects, and collects, and collects...

red
12-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Fuck rodger Godell

moving a game because of snow? i was really looking forward to a snow game. those are my favorites

i once drove 2 hours in freezing rain to get to a packer game

this asshole is running the nfl right into the ground IMO

Fritz
12-26-2010, 01:41 PM
You could also argue this gives the Queens a chance to go back to Brent...but what for, at this point? Season's over, so why not start Joe Webb or whoever that is, and see what he can do?

Yep, last year was the Vikings' best shot at the SB, and they fell short. Or at least it would seem they're going to have to do some rebuilding.

esoxx
12-26-2010, 03:01 PM
What a fuckin' disgrace, postponing a football game b/c of snow. Shit, I attended the '85 Snow Bowl game and I had a back wheel drive Grand Prix that wasn't exactly great in snow. I was willing to risk my health & safety to attend the game but now we have pussy league that can't even play b/c it's too snowy. Wah fuckin' wah.

Football was built on mud, snow, and overcoming whatever element there was.
Rename it the National Pussy League and get it over with. Fuckin' NPL.

MJZiggy
12-26-2010, 06:32 PM
What a fuckin' disgrace, postponing a football game b/c of snow. Shit, I attended the '85 Snow Bowl game and I had a back wheel drive Grand Prix that wasn't exactly great in snow. I was willing to risk my health & safety to attend the game but now we have pussy league that can't even play b/c it's too snowy. Wah fuckin' wah.

Football was built on mud, snow, and overcoming whatever element there was.
Rename it the National Pussy League and get it over with. Fuckin' NPL. Good point. Should they have postponed the ice bowl?

red
12-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Good point. Should they have postponed the ice bowl?

exactly.

if goddell was in charge back then, one of the most famous games in NFL history would have never happened

VegasPackFan
12-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Totaly pathetic - and the Vikings to boot! They should ban all domes so these pussys will get a life and go play some football. I have played in far worse conditions in pick-up games over the years and that was for no pay! CMON YOU PUSSY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmmdk
12-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Good point. Should they have postponed the ice bowl?

Yeah...and why didn't Bart Starr slide??

esoxx
12-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Update from Philadelphia: It's still snowing, it's pretty cold, and the wind is blowing slightly.

Oh the horror! Better to postpone the game, we don't want any one slightly uncomfortable!

esoxx
12-26-2010, 07:04 PM
In lieu of the game, NBC plans to show "It's a Wonderful Life" for the third time during this Holiday season.

Fritz
12-26-2010, 07:04 PM
They want the fans to be safe, so Jay Glazer says.

Fuck that. It's more dangerous to be a fan in a stadium in Philly than it is to be on the roads outside that stadium.

LP
12-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Update from Philadelphia: It's still snowing, it's pretty cold, and the wind is blowing slightly.

Oh the horror! Better to postpone the game, we don't want any one slightly uncomfortable!

If you call mid twenties pretty cold.

Wimps.

packerbacker1234
12-27-2010, 12:34 AM
Eh, game was postponed because there was over 100 accidents several hours befor ethe game adn the storm wasn't stopping anytime soon. It didn't get postponed for player saftey, it got postponed for fan safety. The league was worried about the thousands of people driving to and away from the stadium, not the game being played or the field conditions. This was actually a move done to protect fans, not the players.

At least, that is what the official reasoning reports as. Chances are if it was a playoff game, it would of still got played, but since it's regular season and there is still time to get back to a regular schedule pre playoffs, they decided they could afford to hold it off.

mraynrand
12-27-2010, 08:03 AM
Wah fuckin' wah.

QFT

Freak Out
12-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Just proves that Philly is a town full of pussies. Put on some Nordic boards, fire up the skidoo...take the subway for fucks sake. This sets a bad precedent.

Freak Out
12-27-2010, 05:39 PM
If you call mid twenties pretty cold.

Wimps.

No doubt....talked to a customer in Deadhorse this morning....-47 ambient -74 wind chill.

MJZiggy
12-27-2010, 06:52 PM
No doubt....talked to a customer in Deadhorse this morning....-47 ambient -74 wind chill.
Aptly named town.

Tarlam!
12-28-2010, 02:16 PM
hey should ban all domes so these pussys will get a life and go play some football.

QFT

HarveyWallbangers
12-28-2010, 02:24 PM
What a disgrace. Didn't only end up snowing about 5-8 inches through Sunday night? Wusses! I'm off the Goodell bandwagon.

MJZiggy
12-28-2010, 06:24 PM
What a disgrace. Didn't only end up snowing about 5-8 inches through Sunday night? Wusses! I'm off the Goodell bandwagon.

Cris Collinsworth had an article today about the possible increased liability for future games after canceling this one. The logic goes like this: if there's a bad weather game and they don't cancel it, someone gets into an accident and dies on the way to the stadium, they say that they canceled the game in Philly when the weather wasn't as bad as when this accident occurred, so therefore not canceling this game was gross negligence on the part of the NFL. I realize that it's just speculation on his part, but someone please tell me that fans can take responsibility for getting themselves safely to football games and that if they can't, they'll just stay home rather than suing the stupid NFL about it. I don't want to see them canceling games every freaking time it snows.

red
12-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Aptly named town.

"shrunken dick" must have already been taken

MichiganPackerFan
12-30-2010, 08:45 AM
If Detroit beats them on Sunday, Detroit finishes third in the NFC north and the Vikings finish last, I believe, Go LIONS!!!

Fritz
12-30-2010, 09:15 AM
I will be at that game. Anybody know if there's any chance that Brent will start for the Queens? I hope so - I do believe he will truly be retired, done, over, after this season - I think it's been proven to him that he can't hold up any more, plus the streak is over. So I'd like to see the old man start one more - and throw a few interceptions for old times' sake.

PA Pack Fan
12-30-2010, 07:11 PM
I will be at that game. Anybody know if there's any chance that Brent will start for the Queens? I hope so - I do believe he will truly be retired, done, over, after this season - I think it's been proven to him that he can't hold up any more, plus the streak is over. So I'd like to see the old man start one more - and throw a few interceptions for old times' sake.
One last pick six.
A beautiful thing that would be.

vince
12-30-2010, 07:27 PM
They said he's OUT on NFL Network.

Fritz
12-30-2010, 07:42 PM
Oh well.

bobblehead
12-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Failed a concussion test. Cost me $1. I bet a guy I know (minnesota native) that BF would average 1.5 picks a game this year (before he reported to camp). 24 if he played the 16. I was way ahead before he threw a total of 8 passes in 2 games, and now I lose by 1/2 a pick. What bullshit...even in proving me right about him he found a way to cost me money.