PDA

View Full Version : Jets back in to playoffs for second year in a row

esoxx
12-26-2010, 06:53 PM
The New York Jets clinched a playoff berth today, following their 38 - 34 loss the Chicago Bears. The loss marked the 3rd loss in the last four games for the Jets, including a 45 - 3 whitewash by the New England Patriots.

Rex Ryan, commenting on the playoff berth, remarked how his fat ass holds a horseshoe nicely, and attributes it as a key reason for the Jets advancing to the tournament for Lombardi's Trophy.

packerbacker1234
12-27-2010, 12:37 AM
Yeah, he went through a nice little bash fest about how they didn't do this and that... and then was like "hey, I heard the jets made the playoffs. Isn't that great?" Then he went on joking about how they made the playoffs despite playing poorly the last 4 games.

Jets are dangerous as hell when they have it all clicking, but that defense just hasn't been showing up. Rex needs to stop worry about #6 and start worrying about fixing that defense for playoff time. They have way too many good players to be giving up 38 points to the bears.

bobblehead
12-27-2010, 08:40 AM
. They have way too many good players to be giving up 38 points to the bears.

Actually they don't. Most overrated team in football. No pass rush to speak of. Front 7 can be had. I'm still shocked we only got 9 off them.

packerbacker1234
12-27-2010, 09:26 AM
Actually they don't. Most overrated team in football. No pass rush to speak of. Front 7 can be had. I'm still shocked we only got 9 off them.

Really? Last year that front 7 was virtually the best in football. They added Jason Taylor in the offseason and he has actually played well for them. In theory, on paper, their front 7 should of been better than last year. Unfortunately for them, it went the other way. THe secondary - which was also one of the best, also went backwards.

If you go up and down that defense you can find a lot of really damn good players that helped make that defense great last year. They just haven't performed this season.