PDA

View Full Version : Looking past the Bears Game

sheepshead
12-28-2010, 11:12 AM
I know its not smart but I'm not smart. On the deluge of sports talk down here I heard some speculate that a good scenario would be for the Packers to get in and beat up other teams, even the Falcons. The idea being, this guy thought anyway, we were the most dangerous team in the NFL right now and no one wants to play us. Thus bringing an NFC championship game to the lake front. Where the Bears could beat us. Interesting speculation and I thought about it again as I watched the Saints prevail last night.

gbgary
12-28-2010, 11:16 AM
NO LOOKING PAST THE BEAR GAME!!!!

[/THREAD]

mission
12-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Luckily none of us play for the Packers so it's ok to look past the Bears...

Smidgeon
12-28-2010, 12:43 PM
I know its not smart but I'm not smart. On the deluge of sports talk down here I heard some speculate that a good scenario would be for the Packers to get in and beat up other teams, even the Falcons. The idea being, this guy thought anyway, we were the most dangerous team in the NFL right now and no one wants to play us. Thus bringing an NFC championship game to the lake front. Where the Bears could beat us. Interesting speculation and I thought about it again as I watched the Saints prevail last night.

That scenario would require the Bears to finish as the #1 or #2 seed, which I don't think can happen if the Packers beat them on Sunday. Because I think if the Pack beats the Bears Sunday, they'll likely play the Bears again (the Packers can only get the #6 seed and will play the #3 seed in that scenario).

vince
12-28-2010, 12:53 PM
IF the Vikings beat the Eagles this evening, that could happen Smidge.

sharpe1027
12-28-2010, 01:00 PM

Not big enough with the way the Queens have imploded. :)

Smidgeon
12-28-2010, 01:08 PM

So the Bears would get the #2 seed even by losing if the Eagles also lose?

vince
12-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Yes, they'd have the tie-breaker over the Eagles if they finish with the same record. I think the Eagles would have to lose both their remaining games, but if they win tonight, that possbility is eliminated (assuming a Bears loss vs. Pack).

gbgary
12-28-2010, 02:15 PM
:smack: now you guys have gone and done it! :shtf: