PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Help

Pack0514
08-08-2006, 01:58 PM
I have been thinking about getting a tattoo. I dont have any yet. Both of my young children have the same initials and I have been thinking of getting something with their initials. I am pretty conservative so I dont want anything too flashy or large. I would want it on my upper arm or shoulder area.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas for me?

woodbuck27
08-08-2006, 03:09 PM
What is your descent? If I may ask?

Pack0514
08-08-2006, 03:14 PM
German

Tarlam!
08-08-2006, 03:35 PM
German

Me too. Ad 1/2 of Nutz is German, too.

I guess a Swastika is all wrong, then? :shock:

Sorry, bad joke!

I think you should deposit the money the tattoo would cost into their savings accounts, since that will be something they need more.

jack's smirking revenge
08-08-2006, 04:21 PM
Easy answer: A PACKER LOGO!

I'm a lover of tattoos, especially ones that are not conservative, so I won't be too much help. I have a couple myself and want to get more. Go with something you're passionate about and something that you can envision having on your skin in 10-20 years.

tyler

MJZiggy
08-08-2006, 04:25 PM
Easy answer: A PACKER LOGO!

I'm a lover of tattoos, especially ones that are not conservative, so I won't be too much help. I have a couple myself and want to get more. Go with something you're passionate about and something that you can envision having on your skin in 10-20 years.

tyler

Or 60 years. My Dad had some that he got in the war and never wore short sleeves because he didn't like how really old tattoos look. He has a point. Tats and wrinkles don't mix.

GBRulz
08-08-2006, 04:31 PM
speaking of tattoo's, i wonder how this dude feels about these now?

http://www.purplearmy.com/images2004/Jacksonville/DSC00089.jpg

GoPackGo
08-08-2006, 06:46 PM
I have been thinking about getting a tattoo. I dont have any yet. Both of my young children have the same initials and I have been thinking of getting something with their initials. I am pretty conservative so I dont want anything too flashy or large. I would want it on my upper arm or shoulder area.

Are you in Milwaukee? I ask because my Tatto artist is there and he is an award winning artist. I could give you a referrel.

SkinBasket
08-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Are you in Milwaukee? I ask because my Tatto artist is there and he is an award winning artist. I could give you a referrel.

What shop do you use?

SkinBasket
08-08-2006, 07:42 PM

I've never been a fan of the initials. I've got the initials in one of mine, and I kinda wish I didn't. I would offer the advice of spending a lot of time thinking of imagry (shapes, symbols, an everything else) that gets at how you feel about your kids and work from there. Maybe you can still work in the initials or whatnot, but I wouldnt use them as the focus.

As far as design goes, I cant offer much, as i go for the large and bold. And while all mine are easily hidden, I don't think they're gonna stay that way long. Its just a matter of convincing the wife I'm never gonna get a job again where someone's gonna care that Ive got ink running all over me.

woodbuck27
08-08-2006, 10:40 PM
speaking of tattoo's, i wonder how this dude feels about these now?

http://www.purplearmy.com/images2004/Jacksonville/DSC00089.jpg

Definitely - he feels like he's a Viking's first - NFL Fan.

woodbuck27
08-08-2006, 11:00 PM

I suggest that you really take your time selecting a tattoo that will stand the test of time. This is a very personal decision and you want to really know you'll love your tatoo for the remainder of your life. Your getting a Tatto not body art so today on the web it's hard to just keep it simple. :mrgreen:

I have been doing some research and you may start here:

http://www.tattoos.com/

and:

http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/tattoos_designs_symbols_uv.htm

A suggestion. Get about ten tattoo's that you love and involve the Family in a final decision.

In my TRUTH. I advise you Pack0514, not to get a tattoo as you may one day regret it. Think this proposal of yourself over carefully. :mrgreen:

Pack0514
08-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks to everyone for their help. I will talk it over with the wife. Maybe I am just going through a mid-life crisis or something. :shock:

woodbuck27
08-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Thanks to everyone for their help. I will talk it over with the wife. Maybe I am just going through a mid-life crisis or something. :shock:

If you are 35-42 year's of age I advise you to be fully aware of that, and I recommend - thatt you or any man - prior to that challenge or " Mid-life Crisis " read Gail Sheehy's very informative book - PASSAGES, and other fine books for men and women - by this writer.

http://www.comparebookprices.ca/book_detail/1559274573

Good Luck - Pack0514 to YOU, and those YOU love !!

SkinBasket
08-09-2006, 10:20 AM

Dont worry about it. I've always thought a tattoo should be something that feels like it's missing from your skin - like its supposed to be there and its abscence makes you sad, instead of trying to figure out what kind of tattoo to get where, which can be very daunting to figure out. Of course people get inked for all kinds of reasons, and I don't judge any of them - not even the tramp stamps.

The first time I got tattooed, there was a 50+ year old guy there behind a curtain getting his cock tattooed. While it was entertaining to listen to the hubbub from behind the curtain, as his girl was with him, the entertainment soon turned to horror when the fellow fell from his chair and his flabby ass slapped the floor for everyone to see. Thats why its better to get it done during the day - fewer old drunks gettnig their junk marked up.