PDA

View Full Version : Al Harris Cut by Dolphins

vince
12-31-2010, 10:05 AM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Al-Harris-cut-from-injured-reserve.html

He's going to have a tough time catching on as a 3rd or 4th DB at 36/37 over a young guy with potential. Maybe the Jets or Skins will sign him, but this looks like the end of the line for a great Packer.

BallHawk
12-31-2010, 10:10 AM
Gotta respect his resiliency, but it's pretty obvious that Ted and Mike knew what they were doin when they let him go. Just can't cut it anymore when he's goin up against 20-somethings.

MTPackerfan
12-31-2010, 10:22 AM
Good luck to Al in his future endeavors. Hopefully he will realize when it is time to hang them up and retire a Packer

Fritz
12-31-2010, 10:55 AM
Wow. I thought they shoulda kept him. I was wrong. I think it'll be tough for Harris to catch on as a nickel or dime back. Maybe it's time. What a shame, though, because he worked so, so damn hard to get back.

bobblehead
12-31-2010, 11:46 AM
A lesson to be (re)learned here. Just because "al is a warrior" or "al is different" is no reason to bet on him doing something the doctors say is near impossible. I bought into it. I thought he could defy the odds. I have learned not to bet on that sort of thing before, but sometimes you have to relearn a lesson.

pbmax
12-31-2010, 11:47 AM
I wish Al all the best. It was fun watching him on the team.

retailguy
12-31-2010, 12:16 PM
End of a career is always sad.

Smidgeon
12-31-2010, 12:42 PM
End of a career for a well-loved player is always sad.

Fixed

BallHawk
12-31-2010, 06:39 PM
End of a career is always sad.

Fixed

Good point. Nobody shed a tear when Jamaal Reynolds reached the end of the line...

Scott Campbell
12-31-2010, 06:56 PM
I think Al is probably done, but it fairness to him I thought this was not the kind of injury that heals completely in a year.

esoxx
12-31-2010, 09:58 PM
I never believed he'd make it back and to actually play again in the NFL at his age, at his position, and with the catastrophic knee injury suffered qualifies as a minor miracle.
Most 36 y/o CB's only need Father Time to show them the door due to declining skills. A tribute to Al that he fought his way back and saw the field again.
A person of lower character would have never even smelled the field again.

retailguy
12-31-2010, 10:23 PM
Good point. Nobody shed a tear when Jamaal Reynolds reached the end of the line...

I don't think he had a career.

Joemailman
12-31-2010, 10:30 PM

I did. Tears of joy.

Kiwon
01-01-2011, 12:31 AM
You will know that Al Harris is truly done with football when he cuts his hair. Until then he has to look the part.

SkinBasket
01-01-2011, 07:44 AM
Al Harris should be drowned in a bucket of water or hung from a tree. His competitive days are clearly over.

3irty1
01-02-2011, 09:40 AM
I doubt his football days are done. Time to start his UFL career and I see coaching in his future as well.

bobblehead
01-02-2011, 09:53 AM

I shed plenty while he was playing though.

bobblehead
01-02-2011, 09:54 AM
I never believed he'd make it back and to actually play again in the NFL at his age, at his position, and with the catastrophic knee injury suffered qualifies as a minor miracle.
Most 36 y/o CB's only need Father Time to show them the door due to declining skills. A tribute to Al that he fought his way back and saw the field again.
A person of lower character would have never even smelled the field again.

yep, props to esoxx. You were the voice of reason none of us wanted to hear.

pbmax
01-02-2011, 10:32 AM
yep, props to esoxx. You were the voice of reason none of us wanted to hear.

I don't think he was saying everyone else was wrong. I think he is saying he was wrong.

VegasPackFan
01-02-2011, 11:18 AM
I wonder if Al has showed any potential for coaching? If he could teach his man to man, bump and run techniques, there could be value there.

MadtownPacker
01-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Al Harris should be drowned in a bucket of water or hung from a tree. His competitive days are clearly over.
Damn and you complain about the shittiness of my post.

But if he was Whitey you would hope he gets a DB coaching job like all GOOD Packers deserve.

get louder at lambeau
01-02-2011, 12:01 PM
"...dreadlocks. In. His. Wake."

SkinBasket
01-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Damn and you complain about the shittiness of my post.

But if he was Whitey you would hope he gets a DB coaching job like all GOOD Packers deserve.

Who's Whitey?

mraynrand
01-02-2011, 11:27 PM
I wonder if Al has showed any potential for coaching? If he could teach his man to man, bump and run techniques, there could be value there.

As long as he doesn't teach his "I really don't know what the hell to do in this zone" technique, I'd agree with you

Tarlam!
01-03-2011, 05:25 AM

I don't get the hate for Al', Skin. He was a true pro his whole career, never a "me first" guy, helped teach the youngens and, if that aint enough, was a freak on the field. Chuck was delighted to finally have a CB partner that offenses had to repect.

What gives?