PDA

View Full Version : What We Will See On Sunday

The Shadow
12-31-2010, 01:45 PM
From the ShadowLair

*Lovie Smith would really love to win this game. The 2 NFC teams he considers the most dangerous in the playoffs are the Saints and the Packers. I don't believe he fears the Eagles, Falcons, Giants - and any NFC West team - as much.
*But he is in a quandry : does he go all-out to win, potentially putting his key players at risk?
*He will go with a mixed-bag approach. He will begin the game full force. If things are going well, he will keep the pedal to the floor. However, he will alternate his starters with a more-than-usual dose of backups.
*Expect to see a very liberal dose of Chester Taylor (for Matt Forte) and Devin Aromashoudu for Hester.

Bears' Defensive Approach

1.Smith will want to force the Packers to take the patient approach; if drives must take 10+ plays, he counts on a mistake that can result in a turnover.
Therefore, Brandon Jackson and the Tight Ends (and perhaps Driver, if he is in the slot) become huge in this game.
2.Smith has done his homework. He wants to take away the "Jordy Nelson" Giants play. He will attempt to do this by instructing Urlacher to drop 2-3 yards deeper in the middle than usual.
He will also attempt to neutralize the back-shoulder routes along the sidelines by instructing the S & W LB's to take slightly deeped drops, thereby interfering with Rodger's sightlines down the sidelines.
3. In effect, the best Packer gameplan here is the one the Colts used in their Super Bowl victory over the Bears : take the short routes over the middle, be patient, take what the defense is giving you. Shallow crosses over the middle by Driver could be very effective as a counter, also.
4. Smith has studied the Packers. He wants :
a. to take Greg Jennings out of the game. To do this, he will shade a safety definitively to Jenning's side.
b. to make James Jones & Andrew Quarless consistently Rodger's best options. He sees the chances of a strip with
these guys a distinct possibility.
McCarthy should be really preaching to these 2 fellows (Jackson, too!) the importance of ball security.
5.Expect the defensive ends to take wide routes to the pocket and stay in their gaps in an attempt to take away Rodger's rollouts.

Bear's Offense
1. I think Smith will not want to run long drives Sunday - chances of injury/fatigue.
2.I think he will count on the Packers' eagerness to use a number of screens to Taylor.
3.Expect also to see a few jump balls to the outside receivers (he saw the Giants' game!) and a lot of quick slants - hoping the receivers can bust loose.

If the Packers can get to a 9+ lead, I expect to see Smith fold the tent and go heavily with backups.

Fritz
12-31-2010, 02:34 PM
Sounds wise. We shall see how this goes. One line, though, troubled me: "He sees the chances of a strip with
these guys a distinct possibility." I did not know, despite his first name, that Lovie was gay.

The Shadow
12-31-2010, 03:12 PM
Sounds wise. We shall see how this goes. One line, though, troubled me: "He sees the chances of a strip with
these guys a distinct possibility." I did not know, despite his first name, that Lovie was gay.

He ia a Chicago Bear - could it possibly be otherwise?
"Lovie"???

pbmax
12-31-2010, 05:27 PM
Packers game plan.

Take out game plan from September 27th, 2010. Remove head from hindquarters. Win by 14.

TravisWilliams23
12-31-2010, 07:01 PM
I'd like to see the same effort and results I say from the Giants game last week.

If this team can dominate the Bears it will show they can go far into the playoffs even with all of
the injuries this year.

I really thought this team would eventually fade during the season because of injury after injury
after injury. Give tons of credit to the players who stepped in and the coaches who prepared these
guys. They've gotten this far with no real running game and about the worst special teams play in all
the NFL.

I'm sure there's nothing more the Bears would like to do than knock the Pack out of the playoffs.

I say let's knock Cutler on his ass early and often and make those mothers regret getting on that
plane to come to Green Bay in the first place!

Go Pack!

packerbacker1234
01-01-2011, 08:34 AM
I can say what I will about Lovie Smith and not being a premier coach, but he's taken a bear team to the Super Bowl with "rex grossman" as his playoff QB.

Not sure why he ever got ont he hotseat. Not his fault Cutler throws a lot of picks and defense is very inconsistent year to year. Lose urlacher, down goes the defense. They really need to start looking for a new leader behind that line of theirs than Urlacher, because as was shown last year - no Urlacher = no leadership = crappy defense. Teams that are alwasy great at D usually have multiple back there. Ravens? Ed Reed and He Who SHall Not Be Named.

One goes down, the other steps up.

Fritz
01-01-2011, 11:48 AM
What will we see on Sunday?

We will see a Bears' team missing its number three wide receiver.

We will see a Packers' team missing its star tight end, its first string running back, its former starting right tackle, two starting outside linebackers, its starting safety, three back up safeties, three or so back up linebackers, one starting defensive lineman, and two back up defensive linemen.

The Shadow
01-01-2011, 02:01 PM
I must admit a feeling of confidence about this game!

bobblehead
01-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Packers game plan.

Take out game plan from September 27th, 2010. Remove head from hindquarters. Win by 14.

You forgot...find out how much the bears are paying the officials and double it.

mraynrand
01-01-2011, 05:11 PM
I have this horrible image in my mind of the Bears driving, down 21-20, the Packers just needing to hold on to make the playoffs, Ditka the new Bears coach on the sideline "We're going to be a good team, a fun team, a team people are going to want to watch." And the pathetic 1983 Packer defense trying to stop the Bears' ~ 50 rushes for about 250 yards and THEY JUST CAN'T DO IT. And out comes.....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Gk0DNg3Sty0/TJ4xJBeUUhI/AAAAAAAAAoU/pm5m20uTYYw/s1600/bthomas1.jpg

NOOOOOOooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!