PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NFL Mock Draft: Post-Christmas Edition (2 Rounds)

woodbuck27
01-01-2011, 03:38 AM
http://www.nfldraft101.com/draft/articles/526/2011_NFL_Mock_Draft_Post-Christmas_Edition_%282_Rounds%29.jsp

SEE who we may select in this mock.

GO PACK GO today Vs Bears. Playoff's Baby !

vince
01-01-2011, 03:44 AM
Hey Woody. I'd like to see OLB, OL and WR in the early rounds.

OS PA
01-01-2011, 04:01 AM
I'd prefer a dynamic scatback, a LG, and an OLB. Think we can get Casey Matthews in the 2nd?

ND72
01-01-2011, 10:47 AM
I really like Ayers in round 1...I've actually had him since probably end of october as a guy I think we could get. I know people say he fits a 4-3 better, but JJ Watt is a guy to plug in at a DE in our 3-4. I like finding a RB, but wouldn't mind more top end OL talent. I also wouldn't mind Casey Matthews, but he is a pure MLB, which means someone (barnett) would have to be moved.

ND72
01-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Also...if Gabe Carimi slips down into the 2nd round, I would be shocked. He is the top OL guy I thought we could look at with our pick, and have Carimi & Bulaga for the next decade.

Cheesehead Craig
01-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Gabe Carimi in the 2nd round? Poppycock.

packrulz
01-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Gabe Carimi in the 2nd round? Poppycock.
His stock will rise fast, the top offensive lineman always go early.

bobblehead
01-01-2011, 03:37 PM
this mock is a waste. We are going to be picking at 32, not 23. How can I trust a dyslexic predictor.

sheepshead
01-01-2011, 03:38 PM
mock drafts? Really?

ND72
01-01-2011, 07:59 PM
mock drafts? Really?

When aren't mock drafts fun?

rbaloha1
01-02-2011, 09:20 AM
packers need a big time running back and a shifty slot wr capable of returning the ball.

bobblehead
01-02-2011, 09:23 AM
My prediction. TT drafts a QB in the first round and doesn't pick an OLB the entire draft. We go on to win the superbowl, but people bitch all season about what an idiot he is.

sheepshead
01-02-2011, 09:35 AM
When aren't mock drafts fun?

The most overrated event in all of sports isnt even that fun when its happening.
That being said, the regular season hasnt even ended.

bobblehead
01-02-2011, 09:55 AM
The most overrated event in all of sports isnt even that fun when its happening.

And the packers have 4 playoff games to go as well.

3irty1
01-02-2011, 09:58 AM
My thoughts:

I guess stranger things have happened but Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert over Mallet and Locker???

It wouldn't surprise me if any of the top OT's in this years draft fell to the 2nd round. If Bulaga came out this year he'd be the top one taken IMO.

Casey Matthews is half the prospect his brother was and my guess is that if he gets taken it will be on the last day.

The Bills and Vikings both have no business passing on franchise QBs.

As for the Packers, I expect zero RB's will be drafted simply because they won't make the team. With a healthy Grant and Starks there will be no room for another one on the roster unless they can return or something. I expect that an OLB is at the tippy top of TT's wishlist followed by an impact player anywhere on the OL. I have a feeling JJ will be back. If Jenkins is dealt or walks which I also doubt since Capers seems to love him, that round one pick could well be a guy like Cameron Jordan or JJ Watt.

retailguy
01-02-2011, 10:15 AM
My prediction. TT drafts a QB in the first round and doesn't pick an OLB the entire draft. We go on to win the superbowl, but people bitch all season about what an idiot he is.

Probably the most realistic prediction in the thread. We damn well ought to win the SB next year, and McCarthy should be coach of the year.

pbmax
01-02-2011, 10:26 AM

OK. Could you move onto a thread that more closely meets your standards or are you going to stay here and howl at the moon for a while? :)

pbmax
01-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Probably the most realistic prediction in the thread. We damn well ought to win the SB next year, and McCarthy should be coach of the year.

Realistic if Luck falls into the 30s.

woodbuck27
01-07-2011, 07:31 AM

Posted in wrong thread post. sorry.

woodbuck27
01-07-2011, 07:34 AM
A fan of the Packers and NFL, some members here. May be interested in our longer term future? Look at mock drafts anytime a close to decent one is published. Where did we locate ourselves in the draft. What are the possibilities of filling with BPA or a certain position. Realizing that TT often elects a preference for BPA. ( BPA = best player available )

You may have read the story on DE JJ Watt of Wisconsin. His decision to enter this years draft and forgo his degree.

A member may ask? Where and to whom might he have been forecast to go? That sort of question may be available at Packerrats.?

In a mock draft.

mraynrand
01-07-2011, 11:11 AM
OK. Could you move onto a thread that more closely meets your standards or are you going to stay here and howl at the moon for a while? :)

Sometimes my cousins aren't that bright!
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/wolves-howling-at-moon-1.jpg

MichiganPackerFan
01-07-2011, 02:34 PM

I was about to say the same. Specific details inaccurate (except for winning the superbowl of course) but the general concept is right on.

I've never really enjoyed the draft, but last year my wife, who is getting to know football more and more, watched the entire first round with me and it was really fun. She was much more into it than i was: i probably would have turned it off after #2 and just monitored until the Pack got on the board.

It IS a bit pre-mature for mock drafts though: we have a wild card game this week!

Lurker64
01-07-2011, 02:39 PM
It IS a bit pre-mature for mock drafts though: we have a wild card game this week!

I've been reading Mock Drafts since last May...

woodbuck27
01-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Hey Woody. I'd like to see OLB, OL and WR in the early rounds.

Vince fr. 'this Mock' one of thses fella's may be available? for our second pick :

58. Philadelphia Eagles - OG Marcus Cannon, TCU

63. Atlanta Falcons - OG/C Stephen Wisniewski, Penn State

64. New England Patriots - OG/OT Ben Ijalana, Villanova

Smidgeon
01-07-2011, 03:41 PM
I've never really enjoyed the draft, but last year my wife, who is getting to know football more and more, watched the entire first round with me and it was really fun. She was much more into it than i was: i probably would have turned it off after #2 and just monitored until the Pack got on the board.

I usually enjoy them. I can watch the first round without a problem, then am in and out for the rest. Some years I have more interest than others...

swede
01-07-2011, 03:53 PM
....I've never really enjoyed -------------, but last year my wife, who is getting to --------- more and more, watched the entire --------- with me and it was really fun. She was much more into it than i was...

Wink wink nudge nudge

swede
01-07-2011, 03:55 PM
I usually enjoy them. I can watch the first ----- without a problem, then am in and out for the rest. Some years I have more interest than others...

Oi "in and out" is it? Wink wink nudge nudge

Which tight end is going first if you know what I mean.

MichiganPackerFan
01-07-2011, 03:56 PM
....I've never really enjoyed -------------, but last year my wife, who is getting to --------- more and more, watched the entire --------- with me and it was really fun. She was much more into it than i was...

Wink wink nudge nudge

Awesome!

woodbuck27
01-07-2011, 11:30 PM
http://www.nfldraft101.com/draft/articles/526/2011_NFL_Mock_Draft_Post-Christmas_Edition_%282_Rounds%29.jsp

SEE who we may select in this mock.

GO PACK GO today Vs Bears. Playoff's Baby !

Here's another Mock Draft that has us picking OLB Akeem Ayers of UCLA in Round One:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/566139-2011-nfl-mock-draft-with-no-andrew-luck-is-there-any-sexy-no-1-pick

GO PACK GO ! Take down 'Michael Vick and the Eagles' on Sunday

ND72
01-08-2011, 09:55 AM
My top 3 right now today would be Akeem Ayers, Gabe Carimi, & JJ Watt.

Iron Mike
01-08-2011, 10:02 AM
My top 3 right now today would be Akeem Ayers, Gabe Carimi, & JJ Watt.

http://theawesomeblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/nudge.jpg