PDA

View Full Version : 2011 COACHING PREDICTIONS....HIRES AND FIRES

Bretsky
01-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Feel free to go out on a limb and post your predications as you think of them. Here is a start

SAN FRAN......Jim Harbaugh is comng to town
MINNESOTA....Leslie Frazier is getting rehired
DALLAS..........Jason Garrett is getting rehired

CINCY.........Marvin Lewis....Goodbye
CAROLINA...John Fox.......Goodbye
TEXANS......Gary Kubiak......Goodbye
BROWNS.....Eric Mangini.....Goodbye
GIANTS......Tom Coughlin...NOT SURE

Not sure where yet, but gotta feeling John Fox is going to be a head coach next year

Don't be surprised if Chuckie lands in Cleveland but at this point it's just a gut call

bobblehead
01-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Or Mooch for cleveland. I would think Holmy would pick someone he is familiar with.....after interviewing his token.

billy_oliver880
01-01-2011, 07:39 PM
I know that the nfl is a win now league but isn't it crazy how much turnover there is in coaching? Are all these guys this incompetant? I doubt that. I would think having some consistency would be important.

ND72
01-01-2011, 07:50 PM
My guesses...

Dallas....Garrett
Minny.....Frazier
San Fran...Jim harbaugh
Carolina...Russ Grimm
Ny giants....bill cowher
Cleveland...Jon gruden
Cincy....Tom coughlin type, but probably not him
Tennessee...no clue who they would go with, chuck Cecil?
Houston...Jeff fischer
Denver...kubiak

Early prediction, 2012....Chicago bears - Josh mcdaniels

pbmax
01-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Carolina has already said Fox is gone. And the latest rumors are that Kubiak saves his job (since the offense has been lights out) if he hires an established D coordinator. That guy is supposed to be Wade Phillips.

pbmax
01-01-2011, 09:08 PM
My guesses...

Dallas....Garrett
Minny.....Frazier
San Fran...Jim harbaugh
Carolina...Russ Grimm
Ny giants....bill cowher
Cleveland...Jon gruden
Houston...Jeff fischer
Denver...kubiak

I could see Grimm getting the Carolina gig. They are thought to want to go cheap after paying Fox some big dollars. Grimm would be a first time HC and not hopping on board as the top coordinator.

I think Harbaugh is going to get another shot at Michigan with RichRod's loss in the Bowl game.

ND72
01-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Espn this morning said Grimm will be carolinas first phone call. Monday could be crazy interesting for a lot of teams

packerbacker1234
01-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Coughlin isn't going everywhere. National media has been blowing up how good of a coach he is. Only reason he can be let go is if he has lost this team, and I doubt he has. Not his fault Manning can;t find a way to control himself, or a punter wont kick the ball out of bounds.

packrulz
01-02-2011, 02:59 AM
My guesses...

Dallas....Garrett
Minny.....Frazier
San Fran...Jim harbaugh
Carolina...Russ Grimm
Ny giants....bill cowher
Cleveland...Jon gruden
Houston...Jeff fischer
Denver...kubiak

If Tennessee fires Fisher they're idiots.

sheepshead
01-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Coughlin stays in NY I agree. Dont be surprised if the Michigan job is too tempting for Harbaugh. Especially with that X-gener running things in San Fran.

pbmax
01-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Espn this morning said Grimm will be carolinas first phone call. Monday could be crazy interesting for a lot of teams

PFT has Rob Ryan as a candidate as well. John Czarnecki of FoxSports.com says he is on the list to be interviewed.

pbmax
01-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Coughlin stays in NY I agree. Dont be surprised if the Michigan job is too tempting for Harbaugh. Especially with that X-gener running things in San Fran.

He's under 30. I think he is Y generation.

billy_oliver880
01-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Garrett is in as Boys coach.

pbmax
01-02-2011, 10:24 AM
John Elway is in as Exec. VP of Football Operations and Nostalgia in Denver. Rumor is that his job is to bring in John Harbaugh. While Elway definitely has Stanford connections, I am not sure there is a link between the two beyond the school.

EDIT: ND72 was right. I meant Jim Harbaugh.

ND72
01-02-2011, 10:43 AM
John Elway is in as Exec. VP of Football Operations and Nostalgia in Denver. Rumor is that his job is to bring in John Harbaugh. While Elway definitely has Stanford connections, I am not sure there is a link between the two beyond the school.

Jim harbaugh? John would be hard to get from Baltimore.

pbmax
01-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Jim harbaugh? John would be hard to get from Baltimore.

Yes, you are correct. I still have a block about Jim Harbaugh apparently.

VegasPackFan
01-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Dont forget MIAMI - I think they will make a change too.

Fischer in TN is caught up in a power struggle and might go. He doesnt want anything to do with VY and the owner is still in love with his QB. If he goes, someone will be getting a great coach because he will be snatched up quick, and TN will begin a decline.

Harbaugh is maybe the most interesting candidate. He may have his choice of a few opportunities in the NFL and Michigan.

MadtownPacker
01-02-2011, 11:49 AM
I know that the nfl is a win now league but isn't it crazy how much turnover there is in coaching? Are all these guys this incompetant? I doubt that. I would think having some consistency would be important.
Whats up man!! Long time no see.

The coaches are mostly OK, it is the halfass fans that demand blood if victory is not given.

queens and cowgurls are keeping their interim HCs, SF is gonna snag Fisher.

ND72
01-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Espn this morning said they have rumors of up to 14 teams could make changes, Denver, Dallas, minny, and SF included....10 more teams...wow

ND72
01-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Here is another name I have heard rumors of on a few websites....mike Sherman. Guy has done a nice job at A&M. I said after he left though that I thought he would be a great college coach.

vince
01-02-2011, 01:33 PM
I think Sherman will get a shot somewhere in the next couple years. He's a good coach, just keep him away from the combine and draft.:smile:

Charles Woodson
01-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Frazier gets the vikings job

supposedly tom cable is out as Oaklands coach, shocking

Bretsky
01-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Brian Billick has to get one of these jobs, right ?

Wouldn't surprise me if Holmy ends up as the Cleveland coach either

Guiness
01-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Think Holmgren wants to coach again? Why did he leave Seattle? Seems like he's pretty much doing the same job in Cleveland as he had in Seattle.

pbmax
01-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Well, Frazier and Garrett locked up two of the jobs. So I don't think there will be quite as many as some expect.

pbmax
01-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Think Holmgren wants to coach again? Why did he leave Seattle? Seems like he's pretty much doing the same job in Cleveland as he had in Seattle.

They wanted him gone as coach and when he floated kicking himself upstairs, there was a lot of resistance.

MichiganPackerFan
01-03-2011, 11:32 AM
I think Sherman will get a shot somewhere in the next couple years. He's a good coach, just keep him away from the combine and draft.:smile:

UNLESS he steals the Vikings gig.

I'd really like to see Harbaugh at UofM to rebuild that mess.

PLEASE somebody hire Gruden just to get that fucker off MNF and make it more tolerable.

There is going to be at least one surprise hire going to a young inexperienced head coach.

The Coughlin seat was never as warm as people thought. He just stole a Superbowl Victory two or so seasons ago. Next year, if there is one, it will be a LOT warmer.

Jeff Fisher will likely move. San Fran?

WE NEED TO REPLACE OUR SPECIAL TEAMS COACH AND FILL THE OFFENSIVE LINE COACH VACANCY.

Guiness
01-03-2011, 01:02 PM
They wanted him gone as coach and when he floated kicking himself upstairs, there was a lot of resistance.

I didn't know he got forced out, I thought he left more or less voluntarily. Did they just not renew his contract?

I agree that Sherman will show up in the league again. He had too good W/L record to not be given another shot - as mentioned, just need to keep him away from player personnel.

sheepshead
01-03-2011, 02:01 PM

He was fired as GM in Seattle.

pbmax
01-03-2011, 04:17 PM
I didn't know he got forced out, I thought he left more or less voluntarily. Did they just not renew his contract?

I agree that Sherman will show up in the league again. He had too good W/L record to not be given another shot - as mentioned, just need to keep him away from player personnel.

Sheep is right, he had his GM authority stripped the same year Harlan hired Thompson from them.

Tim Ruskell was brought in over Holmgren. Tension inevitably flared when the ship began to sink after their Super Bowl appearance. The thinking was Ruskell and others wanted a different coach and made that clear. Holmgren could not get a commitment from them for a new contract as coach and he coached out the last year of his deal. They also announced Mora as the head coach in waiting. So fired might not be the right term, but eagerly allowed to leave might cover it.

He was willing to move upstairs but they wouldn't have him. Ruskell got one year with Mora and they stunk. Some admin guy named Tim Lewieke ended up with the juice and canned both Ruskell and Mora. Holmgren publicly offered to consider coming back but that went nowhere and he went to Cleveland. Lewieke eventually brought in Pete Carroll and John Schneider.

Lurker64
01-03-2011, 04:22 PM

I think "I want to win another superbowl for a certain aging HoF Quarterback" had a lot to do with Sherman's execrable drafts. He kept grabbing for "that one missing piece" which is a good way to mess up your franchise.

Put him in a situation where he has a young team and no pressure to win championships before someone retires or dies, and he'll probably do a lot better. Still, on principle I don't like the coach/GM combo platter. Those are both 15 hour/day jobs, and not many people can find 30 hours in a day.

pbmax
01-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Harbaugh according to Peter King is considering 49ers and Michigan with the Broncos a long shot. He must not have grown up with a John Elway poster over his bed.

Fisher meeting with Adams today. If he is bounced, he is expected to be second choice in San Fran. Marvin Lewis and Bengals are not sure they want to stay together and no offer has been made. Coughlin is back but no new contract yet and he is on his last year.

John Fox knows Holmgren and could be the guy now that Mangini is gone. Fox has an O coordinator(Denver's Mike McCoy) in mind who could run Holmgren's West Coast offense (which apparently Mangini was not running). Marty Mornhinweg is the leading candidate according to the rumor mongers I am reading.

pbmax
01-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Marvin Lewis is staying. Tony Sparano is out.

And Jim Harbaugh is asking for $7 million from the Dolphins after turning down $5.0 to 5.2 million per annum from Michigan according to PFT and John Clayton. I may live to regret this, but I will enjoy his flameout even more if he gets that kind of cash.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/05/with-sparano-in-hand-fins-look-for-rock-star-in-the-bush/

pbmax
01-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Broncos interviewing Perry Fewell and Gregg Williams.