Packers4Glory
01-02-2011, 06:04 PM
striking distance....oh my....

mmmdk
01-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Cutler the rattlesnake...

ND72
01-02-2011, 06:05 PM
nice play by williams. play before that we went coverage, but we kept 6 guys up, and dropped 5....3 LB's were just standing there.

gbgary
COME ON PACKER D!!

Bretsky
come on; get to Cutler

Jimx29
don't know why someone...anyone isn't shadowing forte each and every play

rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle

pbmax
And he went down to hold on to the ball. Nice play NICK!

Jimx29
rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle

THERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gbgary
YES!

Bretsky
PLAYOFFS

mmmdk
Cutler the rattlesnake...

BEHEADED

ND72
01-02-2011, 06:06 PM
WHEW

Jimx29
01-02-2011, 06:07 PM
so long cutler....till we meat again

rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle

rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle

Badgerinmaine
"AND THERE IS YOUR DAGGER!"
http://jenniferbarnett.edublogs.org/files/2010/06/dagger-1.jpg

MadtownPacker
Took long enough!!!

Great job Packers!

Respect to the dirty bears for making the win legit.

OkayKyle
or a standard Cutler int

HOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Packers4Glory
01-02-2011, 06:08 PM
hell yeah...now I can be bitterly disappointed in the playoffs!!!

mmmdk
01-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Legit win!

RashanGary
01-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Its been almost ALL cover 2. They are disguising it, but its still Cover 2

Well, that's the big key with us. . Disguise it because what you show first dictates what play AR runs. They've been disguising their coverage all day and it throws AR off.

gbgary
Legit win!

YUP. bears hung to the end.

RashanGary
Yep. Legit win. They absolutely played to win that game. They woudln't have played all of their guys until the end if they didn't.

packerbacker1234
01-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Hey, props to the bears: They came to play today and they were not going to hand us anything. We had to earn every bit of this win today. Both defenses came to play, and int he end ours made more plays. We relied on constant pressure all day, bringing Woodson a lot late to force quick passes versus's giving up big plays, and int he end it caused a high floater to our probowl safety.

Win was legit. Props to the bears, they definitely are good enough to be in the playoffs... but we're just | that | much better. Time to see if vicks statement week one holds true. Claim is full game starting we lose in week one. Well, now he gets it.

Dunno, our defense... it's kinda good.

Guiness
01-02-2011, 06:13 PM
And he went down to hold on to the ball. Nice play NICK!

+1

Props to him for taking the knee.

Badgerinmaine
01-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Took long enough!!!

Great job Packers!

Respect to the dirty bears for making the win legit.
Yes, yes and yes.

RashanGary
01-02-2011, 06:16 PM
CULLEN JENKINS PLEASE BE HEALTHY NEXT WEEK!

packerbacker1234
01-02-2011, 06:18 PM

Would be huge. Guy was just sick nasty when we had him on the field. We'll need him to to try and contain vick. I don't want to have to rely on bringing Woodson hard on every play in the clutch to keep Vick in the pocket.

gbgary
01-02-2011, 06:20 PM

would be a big help.

Brandon494
01-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Damn Im not trying to see the Eagles right now. We are going to need a big game from Rodgers.

gbgary
01-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Damn Im not trying to see the Eagles right now. We are going to need a big game from Rodgers.

he'd have had a much better game today had it not been for the drops. i think the onus will be on the D in the philly game.

RashanGary
01-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Its been almost ALL cover 2. They are disguising it, but its still Cover 2

AR told Pam Oliver that the Bears defense played tough and showed a lot of different looks. I saw the same thing AR saw. Everything changed post snap. It was hard to know what they were running.

BallHawk
01-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Fox just showed the game time for next week: Sunday, 4:30 PM ET

gbgary
01-02-2011, 06:49 PM
night games in the bitter cold. stupid nfl.

sheepshead
01-02-2011, 07:01 PM

Pray to the football Gods for that

imscott72
01-02-2011, 07:03 PM
What a game! I was surprised the Bears held their starters in for so long. Playoffs baby!

Jimx29
01-02-2011, 07:06 PM

not a problem for a team that's hot

Jimx29
01-02-2011, 07:07 PM
What a game! I was surprised the Bears held their starters in for so long. Playoffs baby!

lovie wanted so bad to knock us out of the playoff picture that he probably came 3-4 times in the 4th

swede
01-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Now that we are in the playoffs despite all the injuries, and now that the game is over, I think MM deserves a lot of credit for rescuing this season by keeping the team's focus on the job ahead.

My new strategy is to jeer Stubby relentlessly during the game for his streaks of fat-assed play-calling and goofy in-game decisions.

Ass!

And once the game is over I will return to giving him the respect he deserves for great teaching, fine use of the available talent, and creative game-planning.

Outstanding, MM! Really admirable job!

Jimx29
01-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Now that we are in the playoffs despite all the injuries, and now that the game is over, I think MM deserves a lot of credit for rescuing this season by keeping the team's focus on the job ahead.

My new strategy is to jeer Stubby relentlessly during the game for his streaks of fat-assed play-calling and goofy in-game decisions.

Ass!

And once the game is over I will return to giving him the respect he deserves for great teaching, fine use of the available talent, and creative game-planning.

Outstanding, MM! Really admirable job!

not me......not until he shows me he can win the close ones.....on a regular basis

digitaldean
01-02-2011, 07:22 PM
It would have been easy to fold the tent with the amt of injuries the Pack has had this year. Have to credit the entire team to keep the season going.

We are playing well on D. I think we have a really good shot at Philly.

gbgary
01-02-2011, 07:27 PM
It would have been easy to fold the tent with the amt of injuries the Pack has had this year. Have to credit the entire team to keep the season going.

We are playing well on D. I think we have a really good shot at Philly.

i hope dallas battered them today.

packer4life
01-02-2011, 07:33 PM
i hope dallas battered them today.

with cullen in the lineup, our defense becomes absolutely terrifying. i don't remember having such a respectable defense since 1996!

PS, where the hell did Walden come from...second real game with the team and he looks like he's lived in that position for years. Anyone have an explanation on how he was EVERYWHERE tonight (10 tackles, 2.0 sacks, more pressures, and great jump off the line of scrimmage...)

Packgator
01-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Bears are better prepared - it's as simple as that.

Huh?

Packgator
01-02-2011, 07:50 PM
D is still not the problem; offense comes and goes...hasn't arrived so far. O is not executing and seem bewildered as is their leader.

What?

Packgator
01-02-2011, 07:56 PM
where is Mike Holmgren...we need someone who can make adjustments at the half.

I guess we have that "someone".

denverYooper
01-02-2011, 07:56 PM
By the way, that was awesome.

Almost too bad it doesn't count in the arbitrary "close game" stat of "games decided by 4 points or less".

bobblehead
01-02-2011, 08:03 PM
not me......not until he shows me he can win the close ones.....on a regular basis

I agree...better the bears tie it and we win by 3 so MM can win that arbitrary "close" game.

I got news for you, a win counts as a win, be it by 30 or 1. We are 10-6. We beat the team we needed to in order to stay alive, then beat the #2 seed to get in.

Lurker64
01-02-2011, 08:06 PM
I agree...better the bears tie it and we win by 3 so MM can win that arbitrary "close" game.

I got news for you, a win counts as a win, be it by 30 or 1. We are 10-6. We beat the team we needed to in order to stay alive, then beat the #2 seed to get in.

The thing that always confuses me is that the margin for "winning close games" seems to move around depending on what point that the commentator wants to make. If we make it "games determined by one score or less" (so 8 points or less), I don't think we're nearly as bad in close games as some people want to make us out to be.

pbmax
01-02-2011, 08:42 PM
That's right. Remember, this game doesn't count as a close one according to conventional wisdom.

denverYooper
01-02-2011, 08:53 PM
That's right. Remember, this game doesn't count as a close one according to conventional wisdom.

Perhaps it was gritty though.

denverYooper
01-02-2011, 09:05 PM
0 INJURIES!

pbmax
01-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Chew on this: if you are a defense in the playoffs and the Packers line up heavy on the goal line, you have to play it straight correct? Expect the run.

Donald Lee might catch a few more TDs in the next couple of weeks. That was Favre/Sherman's go to short yardage TD play while Ahman Green was active. TE blocks, falls down, leaks out into the pattern.

packerbacker1234
01-02-2011, 09:23 PM
with cullen in the lineup, our defense becomes absolutely terrifying. i don't remember having such a respectable defense since 1996!

PS, where the hell did Walden come from...second real game with the team and he looks like he's lived in that position for years. Anyone have an explanation on how he was EVERYWHERE tonight (10 tackles, 2.0 sacks, more pressures, and great jump off the line of scrimmage...)

No idea, but I hope he keeps showing up. If he does, it's going to open Matthews up more, and then combine those two with raji and jenkins getting that push... it's over for any opposing QB.

Oh, and lest we forget Woodson coming of the edge scaring the crap out of you.

Packgator
01-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Mr Genius outsmarting himself yet again. I can't stand McCarthy. Chicago just comes out and plays football. They deserve to whip our asses, just the way it's coached. And AR is resorting right back to his old, hold the ball self.

Yeah....The Bears are really good.....and deserved to whip our asses. WTF???

pbmax
01-02-2011, 11:09 PM
On that play action for the TD, both Lee and Quarless were wide open in the end zone.

Packgator
01-02-2011, 11:22 PM
AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Matt FUCKING Flynn came within a big play of beating the Patriots in his FIRST EVER NFL start and these two dumb asses come out and get punked like this against Lovie. It's sick. It's absolutely sick. We don't deserve this game. MM and AR do not deserve this game.

Again with the "don't deserve this game". So I'll say again..... WTF???

Packgator
01-02-2011, 11:25 PM
McCarthy and AR just don't match.

Yeah.....they suck. If only we had Lovie and Cutler.

Packgator
01-02-2011, 11:27 PM
AR and MM just get so punked mentally. They're so g'damn concerned about being in the perfect play and then the defense always surprises them after the snap. Get over yourselves MM and AR. It's NOT FUCKING WORKING.

Yep..... it's so obvious it's not working.

HarveyWallbangers
01-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Walden was a mad man. That came out of nowhere. I've said that I've felt Hawk has been solid this year, but pretty much at the same level that he's always been. (And not Pro Bowl level--although he appears to be doing a great job as defensive signal caller.) Well, I thought he was great in this game. Bishop struggled a bit, but this was one of the better games that Hawk has played. Matthews appears to be healthy again. Walden was a revelation. Do you start him over Zombo, if Zombo is healthy next week?

mraynrand
01-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Walden was a mad man. That came out of nowhere. I've said that I've felt Hawk has been solid this year, but pretty much at the same level that he's always been. (And not Pro Bowl level--although he appears to be doing a great job as defensive signal caller.) Well, I thought he was great in this game. Bishop struggled a bit, but this was one of the better games that Hawk has played. Matthews appears to be healthy again. Walden was a revelation. Do you start him over Zombo, if Zombo is healthy next week?

Ride that pony till he gets tired!

Lurker64
01-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Do you start him over Zombo, if Zombo is healthy next week?

They rotate. Walden is my choice in passing situations and Zombo is my choice in running situations. Zombo's kind of worthless as a pass-rusher, but he sets a mean edge in the run game.

HarveyWallbangers
01-02-2011, 11:30 PM
I think some people are better off waiting to post until after the game. :)

Packgator
01-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Because those two nit-wits are so concerned with fucking around before the snap, getting in the perfect play, they're always surprised as hell when the defense doesn't play exactly what they show presnap.

That must be it.

Joemailman
01-02-2011, 11:41 PM

High temps in Philly next week supposed to be in mid 30's. Hardly what most would consider bitter cold.

Bossman641
01-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Great atmosphere at the game. My beef with Packer games has always been that the crowd sits on their hands. I am used to the rowdiness of college games. The crowd was into it today though and I still have a headache from screaming so much. It was great walking out of the concourse to chants of Bears Still Suck.

Have to share this story. My brother and I went to Stadium View to meet a few people before the game. Once he get there he turns to me in a panic and says his ticket dropped out of his pocket on the walk over. I tell him to run off searching for it and then to go to the ticket office in hopes that somebody had turned it in. Well, that is exactly what happened. Once he supplied the section, row and seat to the ticket office they handed it over to him. Much thanks to the good samaritan out there that found the ticket and turned it in.

get louder at lambeau
01-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Great atmosphere at the game. My beef with Packer games has always been that the crowd sits on their hands. I am used to the rowdiness of college games. The crowd was into it today though and I still have a headache from screaming so much. It was great walking out of the concourse to chants of Bears Still Suck.

Have to share this story. My brother and I went to Stadium View to meet a few people before the game. Once he get there he turns to me in a panic and says his ticket dropped out of his pocket on the walk over. I tell him to run off searching for it and then to go to the ticket office in hopes that somebody had turned it in. Well, that is exactly what happened. Once he supplied the section, row and seat to the ticket office they handed it over to him. Much thanks to the good samaritan out there that found the ticket and turned it in.

So your brother never touches tickets anymore, right?

mission
01-03-2011, 12:08 AM

I'm probably a safe choice for this... ;)

gbgary
01-03-2011, 12:22 AM
High temps in Philly next week supposed to be in mid 30's. Hardly what most would consider bitter cold.

great!

Little Whiskey
01-03-2011, 09:24 AM

wow, thats a good story. I think of what that guy could have sold that ticket for. I'd say your brother owes that guy a few beers.

Guiness
01-03-2011, 10:27 AM
http://packerrats.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Packers4Glory http://packerrats.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?p=561494#post561494)
where is Mike Holmgren...we need someone who can make adjustments at the half.

I guess we have that "someone".

Ya. Dom Capers for finding a way to stop a Chicago running game that was starting to look dangerous.

I don't consider 10 second half points, getting stopped on 1st and goal from the 1, and three 3 and outs (including the last offensive series, which started with 7:02 left in the game and we took all of 2 minutes off the clock) to be an indication of good adjustments.

I know you're having fun cherry picking quotes from the game because we won Packgator, but MM did not do a good job of it this Sunday. We managed to score 10 points, and the D and ST carried us.

pbmax
01-03-2011, 10:29 AM

I think you rotate. But since its Philly, Reid and Vick, the Packers will be in nickel a lot during that game. The Eagles can run with McCoy, but Reid leans to the pass like M3 does. So I could see Walden getting the majority of snaps.

pbmax
01-03-2011, 10:32 AM

That must be it.

At one point, I think Justin constructed an argument that Flynn was the more effective QB given the results of Rodgers and McCarthy's struggles versus the Bears compared to Flynn versus the Pats.

pbmax
01-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Ya. Dom Capers for finding a way to stop a Chicago running game that was starting to look dangerous.

I don't consider 10 second half points, getting stopped on 1st and goal from the 1, and three 3 and outs (including the last offensive series, which started with 7:02 left in the game and we took all of 2 minutes off the clock) to be an indication of good adjustments.

I know you're having fun cherry picking quotes from the game because we won Packgator, but MM did not do a good job of it this Sunday. We managed to score 10 points, and the D and ST carried us.

They have a very good defense and it seems to be one that gives McCarthy's offense fits. And no adjustments help a rookie RT who is jumpy and commits 4 penalties in the span of 2 quarters. Each of those killed the drive, if I recall correctly. Add that to 4 drops in the first half, there are only so many plays that will rescue an offense trying to shoot itself in the foot. Its not adjustments, its execution.

pbmax
01-03-2011, 10:41 AM
The one thing that worried me about the O line in this game that was new was that Peppers was pushing Cliffy back. They even sent Kuhn to chip Peppers a few times.

And that pressure was giving Rodgers happy feet for a while.

easy cheesy
01-04-2011, 03:02 PM

In the first game vs the Bears the leading rusher was, you guessed it, Jay Cutler. I believe it was 3 for 36... awesome possum... and yes, we found a way to keep them bottled up for that second time around also. I'll take Dom over Martz any day of the week...

MJZiggy
01-09-2011, 08:34 AM
B! Let's get on it here! You have a new gameday thread to create. Ride us to the Superbowl dude!

HarveyWallbangers
01-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Start the thread and we shall win.

Joemailman
01-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Okay, we've waited long enough. Somebody start the game day thread. I can't do it though. We lost to the Lions last time I did it. :oops:

esoxx
01-09-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm worried about B, this isn't like him. Has anyone checked the police log in Fort Atkinson, WI or the local hospitals?
I smell trouble.

Tony Oday
01-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Going to a buddys house for the game...GO PACK GO!!!