PDA

View Full Version : Vick/Reid Already Focused on Packers

pbmax
01-02-2011, 12:01 PM
Vick studied Capers blitzes this week rather than practice for Cowboys.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/02/vick-could-be-benched-next-week/

Vick could be benched next week
Posted by Mike Florio on January 2, 2011, 10:25 AM EST
Michael Vick

On Sunday, Eagles backup-turned-starter-turned-backup Kevin Kolb will get the start against the Cowboys.

Next weekend, Mike Vick is expected to start the game. The question is whether he’ll finish it.

Sal Paolantonio of ESPN told Jon Kincade of ESPN Radio on Sunday that coach Andy Reid could bench Vick for Kolb, if Vick struggles in the wild-card game.

Paolantonio said that the ESPN NFL Matchup crew noticed that Vick isn’t recognizing blitzes, and that Reid twice let Vick know about it during Tuesday night’s loss to the Vikings.

With the Packers a win away from nailing down the No. 6 seed, which would send them back to Philly in the wild-card round, Paolantonio explained that Vick didn’t practice in the days preceding the regular-season finale against the Cowboys because he was putting in extra time studying the 3-4 defense orchestrated by Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers.

In Week One, the Packers went to Philly and beat the Eagles. In the first half of the game, a hit from Green Bay linebacker Clay Matthews gave Kolb the concussion that opened the door for Vick to earn the starting job. After the loss, Vick said that the Eagles would have won the game, if Vick had played all four quarters.

Whether he gets the chance to play all four quarters in the wild-card round remains to be seen.

MadtownPacker
01-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Always found vick to be kinda stu-stu-stupid in the brain. I doubt an extra week of study is gonna do shit for him. In the loss to the vikings he looked like the old vick who would get hurt running because the passing game would break down for him. He took alot of shots and was starting to break. Pack will finish him IMO.

get louder at lambeau
01-02-2011, 12:16 PM
I thought it was illegal to call a black QB stupid but mobile? You're going to hell, MadTown.

MadtownPacker
01-02-2011, 12:32 PM
I thought it was illegal to call a black QB stupid but mobile? You're going to hell, MadTown.
Just calling a spade a spade. Kinda like when I call you out about something.

rbaloha1
01-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Vick is going to be a nightmare if he avoids the blitzes.

get louder at lambeau
01-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Crazy to see someone go from superstar to prison to backup to MVP candidate back to having a possibility of being benched in a playoff game so quick. Welcome to the Michael Vick experience.

ND72
01-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Vick scares me only because I still have nightmares of hardy Nickerson chasing Vick all over lambast however many years back.

get louder at lambeau
01-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Just calling a spade a spade. Kinda like when I call you out about something.

Wait, did you just call me a stereotypical black QB? I'm so confused.

MadtownPacker
01-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Wait, did you just call me a stereotypical black QB? I'm so confused.
Nah youre not fast enough.

Brandon494
01-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Always found vick to be kinda stu-stu-stupid in the brain. I doubt an extra week of study is gonna do shit for him. In the loss to the vikings he looked like the old vick who would get hurt running because the passing game would break down for him. He took alot of shots and was starting to break. Pack will finish him IMO.

Lets not forget this guy was the first QB to beat the Packers the in playoffs at lambeau. Hes improved tremendously this year under Andy Reid who is one of the best QB coaches in the league. Your going to single out the one game against the Vikings? The guy will finish 2nd in the MVP award and is having a hell of a year. Going to be a great QB matchup with Rodgers vs Vick.

gbgary
01-02-2011, 06:47 PM
i'll bet we see more of walden in the philly game. we've got to contain and batter vick. pound on that bruised thigh of his.

HowardRoark
01-02-2011, 07:14 PM
pound on that bruised thigh of his.

He has an excellent thigh, he will be fine.

http://media.nj.com/entertainment_impact_tv/photo/jimmy-the-greek-2jpg-17ee037b7736ebe5_large.jpg

swede
01-02-2011, 07:16 PM
ahh...the famed genetic theorist!

gbgary
01-02-2011, 07:44 PM
He has an excellent thigh, he will be fine.

http://media.nj.com/entertainment_impact_tv/photo/jimmy-the-greek-2jpg-17ee037b7736ebe5_large.jpg

over my head. don't get the jimmy the greek reference for saying we should pound on vick's bruised thigh.

Jimx29
01-02-2011, 08:17 PM
over my head. don't get the jimmy the greek reference for saying we should pound on vick's bruised thigh.
I remember back in the day how it wasn't really a racist comment....just speaking what is fact, and reading it again today I still feel that way. Someone at cbs wanted him gone and this was what it took.

The black is a better athlete to begin with because he's been bred to be that way — because of his high thighs and big thighs that goes up into his back, and they can jump higher and run faster because of their bigger thighs. This goes back all the way to the Civil War when during the slave trading, the owner — the slave owner would breed his big black to his big woman so that he could have a big black kid.

pbmax
01-02-2011, 08:56 PM
I remember back in the day how it wasn't really a racist comment....just speaking what is fact, and reading it again today I still feel that way. Someone at cbs wanted him gone and this was what it took.

Except historians and geneticists have found that it didn't happen that way. So ol' Jimmy was just repeating an old saw to explain achievement away as something other than hard won. Other than that, its a perfect theory.

gbgary
01-02-2011, 09:09 PM
oh i remember all the stupid things he said. he was an idiot.

packerbacker1234
01-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Vick has one bad game and suddenly everyone i slike "omg here we go again".

News flash: Rodgers had the best game of his life last week, and this week he looked average... at best. Do we suddenly think Rodgers sucks? Of course not. vick is fine, and anyone blowing up Kolb going in for vick in the playoffs is just trying to start something htat isn't there.

As long as teh game is close and vick can play, he'll be the guy. His teamates believe in him, and you cannot argue with his results this year. Vick has been nothing short of stellar outside of ONE game. He's beaten us in the playoffs before when he wasn't nearly as complete of a player as he is now, and he has a lot of speed players around him. Our defense is amazing, but vick found a way with all healthy guys to carve us up some in week one. Be interesting if we can contain him this time, and if we have enough "speed" to stop their speed guys. We know collins is fast, but I don't know if williams and woodson can run with jackson every play, let alone someone grabbing that RB of their out of the back field. Guy is freaky fast.

denverYooper
01-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Vick has one bad game and suddenly everyone i slike "omg here we go again".

News flash: Rodgers had the best game of his life last week, and this week he looked average... at best. Do we suddenly think Rodgers sucks? Of course not. vick is fine, and anyone blowing up Kolb going in for vick in the playoffs is just trying to start something htat isn't there.

As long as teh game is close and vick can play, he'll be the guy. His teamates believe in him, and you cannot argue with his results this year. Vick has been nothing short of stellar outside of ONE game. He's beaten us in the playoffs before when he wasn't nearly as complete of a player as he is now, and he has a lot of speed players around him. Our defense is amazing, but vick found a way with all healthy guys to carve us up some in week one. Be interesting if we can contain him this time, and if we have enough "speed" to stop their speed guys. We know collins is fast, but I don't know if williams and woodson can run with jackson every play, let alone someone grabbing that RB of their out of the back field. Guy is freaky fast.

Sam Shields says "hi".

Just my opinion, but GB has one of the fastest Ds in the league when they're not in their all beef look.

pbmax
01-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Not at all, Vick doesn't stink. But unlike the start to his year, there is film on him and people can scheme him again. Think about how the Giants were able to hold him in check until 8 minutes to go in their game. And even then, it took an onside kick and a punt return TD to score enough points to overcome the deficit.

It will be a much different matchup this time than it was in the second half of the first game. And if one weakness is reading the blitz, then that can play into the Packers D hands.

Joemailman
01-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Vick scares me only because I still have nightmares of hardy Nickerson chasing Vick all over lambast however many years back.

Relax. TT has assured me he is not bringing back Hardy Nickerson for this game.

Tarlam!
01-03-2011, 07:04 AM
Except historians and geneticists have found that it didn't happen that way. So ol' Jimmy was just repeating an old saw to explain achievement away as something other than hard won. Other than that, its a perfect theory.

Um. I am going red reading this, cause my buddy from Idaho told me that African Americans were nbred to be big and strong. I believed that. What did historians and geneticists discover? A link will do, don't wanna clutter up the thread.

VermontPackFan
01-03-2011, 07:33 AM
Um. I am going red reading this, cause my buddy from Idaho told me that African Americans were nbred to be big and strong. I believed that. What did historians and geneticists discover? A link will do, don't wanna clutter up the thread.

Uh oh, this could get heated...maybe not a topic for the Green Bay Packers forum?

3irty1
01-03-2011, 07:35 AM

Inbred? Certainly not the majority. I think its a combination of nature and nurture. Obviously between Africa and America there were plenty of hostile environments which would have led to natural selection. I personally believe that African American dominance in athletics has just as much to do with their unique culture than any genetic advantage they might have. Lets not forget that black women are statistically the most obese ethnic group in America, breeding should have affected them too. Whatever it is I'm grateful for it when the Olympics roll around because America finds a way to compete with countries with many times our population. Athletics are just more important here.

woodbuck27
01-03-2011, 09:29 AM

IMO it's not ' Rocket Science ' what MM has to do to game plan for 'the Eagles'. Focus alot of attention on containing M. Vick and the passing game. Vick can't score enough points rushing to overcome OUR passing attack.

We don't want to get into a shootout with this bunch. Being in Philly will also be a factor. Hostile place.

I really believe that 'the Packers' are the tem to watch in the playoffs. Damn I wish we had a more reliable rushing game to control the clock with. That's too long been our 'Achilles Heal' and hopefully will be cornered this off season.

GO PACKERS !

pbmax
01-03-2011, 11:01 AM

Uh oh, this could get heated...maybe not a topic for the Green Bay Packers forum?

Good point VPF.

Tar! I will send you a PM as soon as you clear out some space in your Inbox.

Scott Campbell
01-05-2011, 02:09 PM

http://packerrats.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Jimmy The Greek
The black is a better athlete to begin with because he's been bred to be that way — because of his high thighs and big thighs that goes up into his back, and they can jump higher and run faster because of their bigger thighs. This goes back all the way to the Civil War when during the slave trading, the owner — the slave owner would breed his big black to his big woman so that he could have a big black kid.

Oddly enough it sounds like something tank would write.

Pugger
01-06-2011, 07:55 PM
I think Rodgers should have more success against Philly than he did against the bares - providing our WRs don't get another case of the dropsies - because Philly's D isn't as good as Chicago's.