PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else find this just a little bit satisfying?

Patler
08-08-2006, 03:17 PM
From the GBPG article about Ryan Longwell being happy in Minnesota:

"This season has brought a new challenge — breaking in a new holder. Punter Chris Kluwe is training to be the holder on field goals in camp despite never having done it before on any level.

"Longwell, who has been known to call out the holder or long snapper after a missed field goal, has been working with the second-year player to get a comfort level.

"We're trying to take it a step at a time," Longwell said. "He's done pretty well for the most part. We're certainly not where we need to be, but we'll get there."

Maybe there is such a thing as kharma!

Cobra Kai
08-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Maybe the Vikes will sign Doug Peterson just so Longwell can have his own personal holder. But then they'd also have another QB pushing 40...

4and12to12and4
08-08-2006, 03:30 PM
I have never in my life heard a kicker bitch and gripe so much about needing the perfect "tilt" on a football. My God, he needs to get over himself and just kick the damn ball. I remember Cundiff saying to the media shortly after arriving in Green Bay (when asked about the holders he had) that it wasn't really a big deal, and it wasn't even really talked about. It's a given that every holder in the league is gonna place the ball imperfectly from one kick to the next, but Longwell uses it as an excuse every friggin' time he misses a kick. The fact that this is now a story in Minnesota is hilarious. Here's to wishing many "wide lefts" in minny!!

MJZiggy
08-08-2006, 03:37 PM
And contrast Longwell's comments to those made by Cundiff on Monday when asked if he was worried about the holders:

"Well not when they're holding as well as they are. They're doing a great job. We worked on that during OTA's--that's why we had OTA's. . .We did all the work early and now we're reaping the rewards of it and so now we can just go out there and kick."

That's how you DON'T throw your teammates under a bus.

Patler
08-08-2006, 03:43 PM
I have never in my life heard a kicker bitch and gripe so much about needing the perfect "tilt" on a football. My God, he needs to get over himself and just kick the damn ball. I remember Cundiff saying to the media shortly after arriving in Green Bay (when asked about the holders he had) that it wasn't really a big deal, and it wasn't even really talked about. It's a given that every holder in the league is gonna place the ball imperfectly from one kick to the next, but Longwell uses it as an excuse every friggin' time he misses a kick. The fact that this is now a story in Minnesota is hilarious. Here's to wishing many "wide lefts" in minny!!

Actually it has never bothered me that Longwell demands consistency from his holder. He also has given them credit routinely too. I just thought it was kind of funny that the story is repeating itself.

As to Cundiff's more lay-back attitude regarding his holds, that could be why he is a 73% kicker and Longwell is an 82% kicker.

pittstang5
08-08-2006, 03:46 PM
Music to my ears.....thanks for that Patler......I needed a pick me up.

Scott Campbell
08-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Actually it has never bothered me that Longwell demands consistency from his holder.

Me neither - nothing wrong with being a perfectionist. It has however bugged me that Ryan complains about every little mistep to the press.

I think that's what Ziggy meant by throwing his teammates under the bus.

gbpackfan
08-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Longwell is cry baby! I can't stand this fucking guy! Hated him in GB! I am glad he is gone. Yes, he made some big kicks. But he is a piece of shit who blasted the town that loved him all those years the second he landed in Minnie! Fuck him! I hope his holder F's up and he misses the ball completely, falls on his ass and breaks a whole bunch of shit! Then, I will be okay with him crying! WAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

MJZiggy
08-08-2006, 04:53 PM
http://www.snoopy.co.jp/fungames/html/images/c4b_football.gif

Noodle
08-08-2006, 06:25 PM
This is all funny -- especially the Zig bit -- but we are fools for being glad that Longwell is gone.

My bud-smoking buddies don't give a crap about anything, but that doesn't necessarily inspire confidence in me.

The myth of Longwell throwing holders under the bus is BS. Everytime he made a big kick, he'd always credit the snap and the hold. Every friggin' time. And not because it was good PR but because he believed it and understood how important every piece was.

So was he a little chapped that management didn't seem to care about the pieces during a contract year? Hell yeah! How would you feel if your job demanded that your computer worked right all the time, but your boss gave you a friggin Radio Shack TRS 80 and told you to make do?

But go ahead, be happy that Tommy Chong is now kicking for the Pack.

All Longwell did was make kicks. Cundiff makes us feel good.

Remind me again, which one counts for points?

Bretsky
08-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Longwell + Competent Hold = Near Automatic 3 points.

We WILL miss that equation in the near future.

MJZiggy
08-08-2006, 06:32 PM
sounds like, so will he!

Rastak
08-08-2006, 06:38 PM
sounds like, so will he!

Highly unlikely. He's looked good thus far in camp. Kicking indoors, I doubt his excellent accuracy goes down much.

Terry
08-08-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm still working on how one breaks a bunch of shit.

But I'll catch up soon.

HarveyWallbangers
08-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Highly unlikely. He's looked good thus far in camp. Kicking indoors, I doubt his excellent accuracy goes down much.

Ironically, his lifetime percentage is better outdoors than indoors--mainly because he seldom took long kicks at Lambeau. I think he had three attempts lifetime from 50+ yards at Lambeau. Ryan is an excellent kicker, and I'm sure he'll do fine.

MadtownPacker
08-08-2006, 08:26 PM
I hope longwell & sharper both get flushed down the toilet.

GBRulz
08-08-2006, 08:43 PM
regardless of whether you liked him or not....you can't tell me that you don't want our last home game of the year to come down to the wire and see him miss a game tying FG from 30 yards out!!! Winner wins the division, loser goes home!!:twisted:

MJZiggy
08-08-2006, 08:44 PM
And attribute it to a bad hold.

GBRulz
08-08-2006, 08:44 PM
lol. yeah

Bretsky
08-08-2006, 09:14 PM
regardless of whether you liked him or not....you can't tell me that you don't want our last home game of the year to come down to the wire and see him miss a game tying FG from 30 yards out!!! Winner wins the division, loser goes home!!:twisted:

TO PLAY DEVIL'S ADVOCATE, I DON"T WANT TO SEE HIM TAKING THAT FIELD GOAL FOR THE WIN IF HE'S KICKING AGAINST US

Rastak
08-08-2006, 09:21 PM

TO PLAY DEVIL'S ADVOCATE, I DON"T WANT TO SEE HIM TAKING THAT FIELD GOAL FOR THE WIN IF HE'S KICKING AGAINST US

No friggen kidding....as a Viking fan I didn't like to see him line up for the game winner becasue it was time to go home at that point. He slipped a bit last year so we'll see how it goes.

HarveyWallbangers
08-08-2006, 10:35 PM
I'd rather see Billy Cundiff (or Paul Edinger--he was pretty money against us last year) kicking a 30 yarder for us against them.

woodbuck27
08-08-2006, 11:46 PM
This is all funny -- especially the Zig bit -- but we are fools for being glad that Longwell is gone.

My bud-smoking buddies don't give a crap about anything, but that doesn't necessarily inspire confidence in me.

The myth of Longwell throwing holders under the bus is BS. Everytime he made a big kick, he'd always credit the snap and the hold. Every friggin' time. And not because it was good PR but because he believed it and understood how important every piece was.

So was he a little chapped that management didn't seem to care about the pieces during a contract year? Hell yeah! How would you feel if your job demanded that your computer worked right all the time, but your boss gave you a friggin Radio Shack TRS 80 and told you to make do?

But go ahead, be happy that Tommy Chong is now kicking for the Pack.

All Longwell did was make kicks. Cundiff makes us feel good.

Remind me again, which one counts for points?

Way to bring on the BALLS Noodle. :mrgreen:

There is no DAM way we should be concerned about OUR kicking game.We needed to re-sign Ryan Longwell, unless he was just plain fed up being a Packer.

woodbuck27
08-08-2006, 11:50 PM

No friggen kidding....as a Viking fan I didn't like to see him line up for the game winner becasue it was time to go home at that point. He slipped a bit last year so we'll see how it goes.

You got yourself a fine kicker Rastak.