PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Schedule

steve823
01-03-2011, 02:14 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/112790324.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Seems like a pretty tough schedule besides Denver and Carolina.

Lurker64
01-03-2011, 02:39 AM
Well, you can never say a team will be as good, or better, or worse than it was the last year. The AFC West isn't all that strong a division, those records this year are partly aided by the fact that they played the NFC West (which was, in all honesty, terrible this year) that added about four wins to some of those teams W/L totals.

I think the AFCW and the NFCS is a better draw than the AFCE and NFCE which we did this year.

Tarlam!
01-03-2011, 06:37 AM
I think the AFCW and the NFCS is a better draw than the AFCE and NFCE which we did this year.

I agree, but stop to smell the daisies for a sec: The Packers almost(shoulda!) swept the NFCE in pretty impressive style. The Miami and Pats losses were avoidable. They flogged Buffalo and shutout the Jets in NY no less. 5-3 which shoulda been 7-1 if a call or two go the Packers' way.

I'm still relishing the fact that they made the play offs this season with a severely depleted starting line up and I'm thrilled with the way players, especially on defense, keep stepping up for a game or two outta seemingly nowhere.

If they go one and done at the hands of Phillie, so be it; Of course I'll be disappointed, but I'll smacking my chops for next season to beginn. I'm in a happy place.:drma:

Cheesehead Craig
01-03-2011, 08:35 AM
AFCW isn't all that strong. Oakland was stupid and fired their coach. They were improving under Cable but now Crazy Al has thrown the whole team into chaos again. Denver's roster was just destroyed. Who knows what the hell is going on in SD. KC appears to be the only legit team out there now.

pbmax
01-03-2011, 10:18 AM
AFCW isn't all that strong. Oakland was stupid and fired their coach. They were improving under Cable but now Crazy Al has thrown the whole team into chaos again. Denver's roster was just destroyed. Who knows what the hell is going on in SD. KC appears to be the only legit team out there now.

Al hasn't changed his Franklin Planner Calendar since 1997. He had this week marked down to fire Coach Shell. Its hard to read those small entries even with tri-focals.

VermontPackFan
01-03-2011, 11:21 AM
In today's NFL it so hard to predict what will be an easy or difficult schedule. Who would have thought Dallas & Minnesota would be basement dwellers this year? Tampa winning 10 games? Based on this year and with the chance they will continue to improve, the AFC West has the potential to be a great division with 3 tough teams, Oakland, KC & SD. Atlanta & NO should be rock solid again next year but who knows about Tampa Bay? But again, this is all based on this years team, a lot can and does change each year.

Its fun to speculate about wins and losses during the offseason but those types of predictions rarely pan out.