PDA

View Full Version : Packer Rats Presence at Packer Chatters?

Partial
08-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Someone posted about our site under shakenbake38. Awesome, I guess.

MJZiggy
08-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Depends. What did they say?

Partial
08-08-2006, 03:45 PM
www.packerrats.com is the new place to post at. It's extremely active, free to register at, and has over 400 contributing users. I suggest you all check it out!!!

MJZiggy
08-08-2006, 03:52 PM
I think I know where that came from. You go girl. Am I right?

GBRulz
08-08-2006, 04:18 PM
no Zig, I can't take credit for that one....lol

MJZiggy
08-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Huh. Well whoever did it should fess up 'cause that was a really cool thing to say.

MadtownPacker
08-08-2006, 08:02 PM
NICE! :mrgreen:

test
08-08-2006, 08:03 PM
400 posters here? I only count about 150 as having more than one post.

BlueBrewer
08-08-2006, 08:24 PM

If you counted you really need to get a life. :wink: :wink:

Patler
08-08-2006, 08:41 PM

If you do a member list sort, there appear to be:

99 with 50 or more
145 with 10 or more
173 with 5 or more
192 with 2 or more
219 with one or more.

Is 192 "about 150" in your statistical analysis?

Bretsky
08-08-2006, 09:19 PM
The Fact Buster strikes again; I have not been his victim for some time now, but it's only a matter of time.

Cheers,
B

justanotherpackfan
08-08-2006, 09:35 PM
I saw that post and decided to check this site out, and now here I am. I'm justanotherpackfan over there too.

Bretsky
08-08-2006, 09:40 PM
We're happy to have you; I use to be full time JS (over 5G in posts over there) but migrated over here because IMO the football talk is just deeper and better here.

Patler, who is quite knowledgeable (but don't tell him I said that since it might pad his ego), had it right when he preaches at JS and debates over here. IMO pretty accurate.

Check out the site, and also note we allow pictures.

Back when training camp started, we had several people taking digital pictures and posting them in here, and writing up training camp reports as well.

Welcome again,
Bretsky

Patler
08-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Pater, who is quite knowledgeable (but don't tell him I said that since it might pad his ego), had it right when he preaches at JS and debates over here. IMO pretty accurate.

Bretsky

"Lectures" Bretsky, "LECTURES".
"Preaches" sounds so heavy-handed!
"Lectures" sounds more educational! :D :D

Bretsky
08-08-2006, 09:51 PM
Pater, who is quite knowledgeable (but don't tell him I said that since it might pad his ego), had it right when he preaches at JS and debates over here. IMO pretty accurate.

Bretsky

"Lectures" Bretsky, "LECTURES".
"Preaches" sounds so heavy-handed!
"Lectures" sounds more educational! :D :D

DAMMIT I'M BUSTED FOR MISREPRENSTING THE FACTS AGAIN !!

MJZiggy
08-08-2006, 09:52 PM
It was a nice sentiment nonetheless.

Scott Campbell
08-08-2006, 10:10 PM

Is that you Matt?

LOL

MJZiggy
08-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Yes, Scott, that was Matt.

Astonishment
08-09-2006, 09:04 AM
well, whoever made that post got me to come check out this site...very nice site by the way.

test
08-09-2006, 09:38 AM
should this even be discussed or encouraged? I mean folks get banned for doing it here.

GBRulz
08-09-2006, 09:45 AM
yesterday you were JSOnline and today you are "test" ???

Click on profile and see "read all posts"....you'll see what I'm taking about

test
08-09-2006, 09:53 AM
yesterday you were JSOnline and today you are "test" ???

Click on profile and see "read all posts"....you'll see what I'm taking about

Correct. MadTown said I was not able to use the screen name "JSOnline", use their image as my avatar. or link to thier forum.

I still wondering about my original question: Why is this sort of thing (promoting this forum on other fourms) applauded but not allowed here?

GBRulz
08-09-2006, 09:55 AM
that is a great question for mad and I'm sure he will be happy to answer it for you. Drop him a PM

jack's smirking revenge
08-09-2006, 09:57 AM
Guess that's why the memberlist jumped up 100 users in like a day. I tuned in this morning to the PR channel and found our numbers to be over 500. I had to check it again.

I think its fair to say that this place is blowin' up.

Welcome to all of you PR first-timers!

tyler

Patler
08-09-2006, 09:59 AM
should this even be discussed or encouraged? I mean folks get banned for doing it here.

I'm not sure that everyone does get banned for that type of thing. Others have done it. I recall a string a while back with someone who offered to put a link on his (gender bias here by me, I guess) site, and he discussed his site at length. I don't remember what all happened with it.

MJZiggy
08-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Then there's the fantastic training camp report by PlantPage that links right into another forum. It's great information.

jack's smirking revenge
08-09-2006, 10:17 AM
I think Mad allows pimping within reason, so long as its reciprocal. He's cool about competition and I think he understands that competition gets the PackerRats name out there.

JSOnline is a whole 'nother ugly subject though.

Coughlin's Law: Bury the dead, they stink up the place.

tyler

SkinBasket
08-09-2006, 10:29 AM
That and the user known now as "test" has claimed wild things in the past about this forum, none of them complimentary or true. I wont say who it was, but feel comfortable saying that much abuot him, as he has contacted several posters here identifying himself. (And no, it's not that person)

Using the JSO's images and namesake without their permission probably isn't legal, and we're taking greater measures here to not tread on other's intellectual property rights, as we would expect the same.

I highly doubt the sincerity of a user who comes here decked out with JSO regalia, then changes his name to "test." It would seem his motive for posting here wasn't honest or sincere. I'm sure, however, you will probably be able to read all about it on another forum very soon, if not already.

jack's smirking revenge
08-09-2006, 10:32 AM
I highly doubt the sincerity of a user who comes here decked out with JSO regalia, then changes his name to "test." It would seem his motive for posting here wasn't honest or sincere. I'm sure, however, you will probably be able to read all about it on another forum very soon, if not already.

That was my first thought when checking out this thread...

tyler

Patler
08-09-2006, 10:50 AM
So has "test" now been banned too?

Why? Unless something happened elsewhere, it makes no sense to me. Are we into pre-emptive banning because of what we think someone's motives might be? I hope not.

HarveyWallbangers
08-09-2006, 10:52 AM

Why? Unless something happened elsewhere, it makes no sense to me. Are we into pre-emptive banning because of what we think someone's motives might be? I hope not.

You should wait to get an answer to the first question before speculating on the second question.

MadtownPacker
08-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Dear Tester,

You didnt come here with good intentions so save the BS for someone who wants to discuss it. As for JSO well most of us kept JSO busy for a few years so we can do what we want on there. You dont like it? Then ask the admin, Im sure he cares. I got more post on my acocunt there then you got and half of yours are complaining about PR! Hahah, aint that about a bitch?

So come on here, talk about the Packers or OT in the Romper Room, or worse in the GC. What's th GC? Hang around and find out. But dont expect to come on here starting shit like a straight up troll and expect it to be all good.

As for you being banned. well then how the hell are you on here now?

I hope you do hang around and see whats up. I dont care if you talked smack. I doubt anyones else does either. You say we dont know anything about football here then get your ass in the Packers area and show us how stupid we are. Everyone is welcome here, yourself included.

Just look at all the special attention youre getting. :mrgreen:

MadtownPacker
08-09-2006, 11:02 AM

Why? Unless something happened elsewhere, it makes no sense to me. Are we into pre-emptive banning because of what we think someone's motives might be? I hope not.Test is actually JSONLINE. the account was never banned or deleted, just disabled. Test knows why and he is active again now.

Patler
08-09-2006, 11:18 AM

Why? Unless something happened elsewhere, it makes no sense to me. Are we into pre-emptive banning because of what we think someone's motives might be? I hope not.Test is actually JSONLINE. the account was never banned or deleted, just disabled. Test knows why and he is active again now.

Can I quote that on the JSO site? He is on there claiming that he has been banned again this morning as "test". After only several posts as "test" he can not now log in, or so he says. If that is not the case, I would like to point it out for the others who read there.

SkinBasket
08-09-2006, 11:25 AM

Can I quote that on the JSO site? He is on there claiming that he has been banned again this morning as "test". After only several posts as "test" he can not now log in, or so he says. If that is not the case, I would like to point it out for the others who read there.

That's what this guy's all about. Strangely enough, he's the only user to ever have problems of this nature, and he always runs right back to JSO to shout about it. You would almost think he was doing this on purpose...

MadtownPacker
08-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Can I quote that on the JSO site? He is on there claiming that he has been banned again this morning as "test". After only several posts as "test" he can not now log in, or so he says. If that is not the case, I would like to point it out for the others who read there.Shit, tell it like its old skool player!

Patler
08-09-2006, 11:38 AM

You should wait to get an answer to the first question before speculating on the second question.

Perhaps I should have eliminated the "Why" and stuck with just the other two questions, both of which are legitimate, regardless of the answer to the first.

If the answer to the first is (and more importantly always was) "no", they could simply comment on the second question. If the answer to the first is now (or ever was) "yes" an explaination regarding the second question would be in order, if this is "our" board, meaning everyone who posts here.

Patler
08-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Can I quote that on the JSO site? He is on there claiming that he has been banned again this morning as "test". After only several posts as "test" he can not now log in, or so he says. If that is not the case, I would like to point it out for the others who read there.Shit, tell it like its old skool player!

You know me, insisting on "truth, justice and the American way." (That's from the old Superman TV show, isn't it???)

test
08-09-2006, 12:38 PM
well well well...isn't this interesting.

I got my log in issues straight. So I full on admit I wasn't banned for a THIRD time. The third time was my bad. The first and second time I was full on wronged and no moderator or admin that did it will fess up and say they were wrong.

I was forced to change my screen name from JSOnline. So for those who want to make out like I'm trying to be sneaky, talk to MadToon. He's the one that would not allow the JSOnline screen name. Funny how he tried putting it back on me in this forum but in e-mails his tone is completely different.

You folks got a double standard here. You know it.

HarveyWallbangers
08-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Who cares about any of this?

MJZiggy
08-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Love the avatar test. Welcome to the forum. Hop on over to the football forum. I'm wondering what your views are on the idea of moving Barnett to sam.

SkinBasket
08-09-2006, 01:21 PM

My balls itch.

K-town
08-09-2006, 01:36 PM

My balls itch.

I care deeply. As much as I care about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. I would start a thread and go on at great length on these vitally important subjects, but sadly, my balls itch too. :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
08-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Is there something we should know about? :shock:

mraynrand
08-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Test:

Welcome to the forum. Have fun! It's a great place.

SkinBasket
08-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Is there something we should know about? :shock:

Tony's back in town.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/relationships/images/sex/spl_pubic_lice.jpg

Tony Oday
08-09-2006, 04:57 PM
I WAS BANNED!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

oh wait I got my password wrong hehe

I WAS BANNED!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh wait it was because I was being an ass ;)

hehe this is kinda fun to ma....ooh my balls its too....what was I saying? damn ADD oooh look a shoe!

test
08-09-2006, 06:09 PM
you fit in well in the land of Biqueens.

Bretsky
08-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Cool Avatar Test.......just got home from another grinding day of work.
Is there any meaning behind the pic ?

test
08-09-2006, 06:31 PM
old school TV image when the station signed off the air for the day.

Deputy Nutz
08-09-2006, 06:46 PM
I hated that damn screen. I remember early in the morning when I was a child and I would wake up and fly to the TV for morning cartoons, and that god damn screen was still on. I can't believe they didn't realize that private companies would pay for those time slots to advertise their new product.

test
08-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Anyone notice my custom ranking?

MJZiggy
08-09-2006, 07:03 PM
You must be awfully special. You usually have to have 200 posts to get one of those babies.

Bretsky
08-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Anyone notice my custom ranking?

I didn't until you pointed it out; to be honest kind of funny........if you look at the ranking of others the mods often try to incorporate humor into the rankings; Harvey has been the Mod's trailer rat to his dismay for some time now. Not sure if they still have it, but several of the gals were labled Stripper Rats.

I was wondering where I saw that. It's a good avatar idea and sticks out well.

B

test
08-09-2006, 07:19 PM
You must be awfully special. You usually have to have 200 posts to get one of those babies.

negotiated for the past troubles and for me being nice now.

GBRulz
08-09-2006, 07:35 PM
stripper rats? I think you are mistaken....

We were all labeled hottie rats until Mad felt the need to change them recently. BTW, I want a new name!!! how about hindsight rat? speaking of which, I need to get to camp and get some pics posted