PDA

View Full Version : PETER KING>>>>SAY IT AIN'T SO

Bretsky
01-05-2011, 12:02 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/112879989.html

Pro football writer Peter King of Sports Illustrated predicted the Packers will reach the Super Bowl but will lose to the New England Patriots, 30-24, in the title game.

King makes his predictions in this week's edition of the magazine (Jan. 10), which includes an NFL playoff preview.

King has the Packers beating the Eagles, Falcons and Bears to win the NFC Championship.

The Packers are seeded sixth in the NFC. No sixth-seeded team has made it to the Super Bowl since 1990.

ND72
01-05-2011, 12:11 AM
And now we lose..

packers11
01-05-2011, 12:12 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/112879989.html

The Packers are seeded sixth in the NFC. No sixth-seeded team has made it to the Super Bowl since 1990.

Why do they keep saying that... Didn't the Steelers in 2006 win the Super Bowl as #6 seed... Either I am going crazy (at age 21) or ESPN and the rest of these big time writers can't get simple info correct...

I literally here this line every day on TV... I might have to go google this myself...

ND72
01-05-2011, 12:14 AM
Espn also said this morning this was our first playoff appearance since favre...last year@ 'zona, anyone?

Gunakor
01-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Espn also said this morning this was our first playoff appearance since favre...last year@ 'zona, anyone?

There were only 96 points scored in that one. I suppose a defensive grind doesn't stick in ones memory the same way a good old fashioned shootout does.

Tony Oday
01-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Why do they keep saying that... Didn't the Steelers in 2006 win the Super Bowl as #6 seed... Either I am going crazy (at age 21) or ESPN and the rest of these big time writers can't get simple info correct...

I literally here this line every day on TV... I might have to go google this myself...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005%E2%80%9306_NFL_playoffs

Tony Oday
01-05-2011, 12:21 AM
ESPN only cares about the coasts and Texas in football and only the coasts in baseball...it is a terrible sports news channel watched by sheep.

Gunakor
01-05-2011, 12:23 AM
Except they've been drooling all over Green Bay all season, same as everyone else.

Tony Oday
01-05-2011, 12:28 AM
Except they've been drooling all over Green Bay all season, same as everyone else.

But cant get the facts right about the Pack...

ND72
01-05-2011, 12:29 AM
Espn has gone beyond drool for GB....they have been slowly kissing down gB's stomach just waiting to wrap it's lips around the shaft....which is why we will lose :-(

vince
01-05-2011, 03:41 AM

No 6th seed NFC team has made the Super Bowl. It's splitting hairs, but that's what they do with stats to create a storyline. Just like the 4 point close game threshhold.

pbmax
01-05-2011, 07:13 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005%E2%80%9306_NFL_playoffs

I think they mean no NFC #6 seed has made it.

And I'd like to thank Peter King personally. His first Packer Super Bowl prediction led to 14 players on IR. No telling what damage this one might do.:bang:

mraynrand
01-05-2011, 08:48 AM
NOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiwon
01-05-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm not a Peter King fan.

Given all the injuries and the non-existent running game, if the Packers get into the SB as a #6 wildcard they absolutely will have a good chance of beating anyone.

MichiganPackerFan
01-05-2011, 09:28 AM
ESPN only cares about the coasts and Texas in football and only the coasts in baseball...it is a terrible sports news channel watched by sheep.

Preach it!

As far as PK goes, i usually enjoy his MMQB column although I don't always agree with his opinions and a good chunk of it is meaningless drivel.

Little Whiskey
01-05-2011, 09:31 AM

I wouldn't even go that far. its east coast only.

VermontPackFan
01-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Espn has gone beyond drool for GB....they have been slowly kissing down gB's stomach just waiting to wrap it's lips around the shaft....which is why we will lose :-(

Oh my...

gbgary
01-05-2011, 10:23 AM

baaaaaah

lol

gbgary
01-05-2011, 10:24 AM
I wouldn't even go that far. its east coast only.

yup

sheepshead
01-05-2011, 10:28 AM

I resemble that remark. Actually, I avoid it at all costs. My opinions are never swayed but what comes out of there. Most of them are liberals also, thus total turn off.

woodbuck27
01-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Yikes ! THE CURSE !!

I remain personally opitmistic. The Packers are a solid team. Havn't checked the Vegas Odds on us to win the Super Bowl; but I believe we defeat ' the Eagles ' this Sunday. One step at a time I say. Every matchup will be a challenge. We're certainly more healthy on 'D'; and have the guns on 'O', to get it done.

I feel it.

GO PACKERS ! 'One step at a time.'

denverYooper
01-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Packers are the underdogs this weekend (+3) and would be underdogs in the GA dome. I like that to increase their chances of winning.

Fritz
01-05-2011, 01:37 PM
I'm not a Penis King fan.

And I think the pundits are forgetting about how all those injuries will take an especial toll in the playoffs.

mmmdk
01-05-2011, 07:54 PM
I don't like facing Eagles but if we do beat them...then I don't fear Falcons or Bears. Saints would outsmart Packers & hence not a good matchup; just like Eagles ain't.

Jimx29
01-05-2011, 08:15 PM
baaaaaah

lol

http://www.wakeupordie.com/images/sheebref.jpeg

Deputy Nutz
01-05-2011, 08:17 PM
There isn't a clear cut choice coming out of the NFC nor the AFC this year. Sure you have the Pats, but you also have the Steelers, and Ravens. Three really good football teams. In the NFC the Saints basically have a bye in week one of the playoffs, and they have the experience from last year. Atlanta has a fiesty defense and a offense with a very good running game, along with game breaking WRs. The Packers are on a heater right now, and with all the previous injuries seemingly accounted for the Packers have a real shot at getting into the Super Bowl. They will have to win three road games to do it, and face a very tough Philly team that is supported by two of the most dangerous big play threats in the NFL in Mike Vick and DeSean Jackson.

If the Packers can contain Vick, and limit Jackson in the return game and keep a defender between him and the endzone the Packers have a really good shot at winning this Sunday. I don't see them going into Atlanta and beating the Falcons.

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Yeah okay "the curse." Please! What happened to Brees and the Madden curse??????????

We will win if we play like we did against the Gaints and lose if we play like we did against the Bears (game 1). Its really that simple.

Joemailman
01-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Yeah okay "the curse." Please! What happened to Brees and the Madden curse??????????

We will win if we play like we did against the Gaints and lose if we play like we did against the Bears (game 1). Its really that simple.

Well, there's quite a bit of room between those 2 extremes, so it may not be so simple. The Packers need to play with more composure than they did in the 1st quarter at Arizona last year. If they keep mistakes to a minimum, they will have a good chance. Without Grant and Finley, they don't have the kind of offensive firepower they had last year which enabled them to battle back from a big deficit.