PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Wild Card Playoff Week

pbmax
01-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Vick went from being 70% to 120% in two days. Reid said he is OK and expected to practice as usual.

Reading the NFL coaching tea leaves, Vick is one step from death's door and one good shot on his thigh might cause the muscle to retract like a window blind.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/05/vick-will-not-be-limited-this-week/

In Packer news Cullen Jenkins was practicing in full during the portion of practice open to reporters. Hall and Bigby were non-participants, while !ZOMBO!™ looked to be going through a full range of testing.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/112949949.html

mraynrand
01-05-2011, 03:10 PM
!ZOMBO!™ looked to be going through a full range of testing.

re-taking the GRE? Is that with pads?

denverYooper
01-05-2011, 03:15 PM

Yeah, he struggled on the essay portion.

pbmax
01-05-2011, 03:21 PM

Yes. And like the Wonderlic, he had only 8 minutes.

woodbuck27
01-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Vick went from being 70% to 120% in two days. Reid said he is OK and expected to practice as usual.

Reading the NFL coaching tea leaves, Vick is one step from death's door and one good shot on his thigh might cause the muscle to retract like a window blind.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/05/vick-will-not-be-limited-this-week/

In Packer news Cullen Jenkins was practicing in full during the portion of practice open to reporters. Hall and Bigby were non-participants, while !ZOMBO!™ looked to be going through a full range of testing.

"Cornerback Asante Samuel will be fine and will start opposite Dimitri Patterson, who lost some snaps after a rough game against the Giants. With the Packers’ offensive tendencies, a “starter” at cornerback won’t matter much.

The Eagles figure to have five or six defensive backs on the field for much of the contest." PFT

Is Andy Reid expecting an aerial attack? He better be aware of OUR running game.

GO PACK!

woodbuck27
01-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Yes. And like the Wonderlic, he had only 8 minutes.

We found Bretsky, KYPack, Lurker, and OS PA.

Where are Thunder Dan and CaliCheese?

ThunderDan was in the PackerRats Pro Pick'em, right to the end of the season.

Joemailman
01-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Interesting that Vick is more prone to getting sacked than Rodgers. Vick gets sacked once for every 11 pass attempts, versus 1/15 for Rodgers. Eagles are one of the leagues top running teams, so it's not like their OL is terrible. Are they better run blockers than pass blockers, or is Vick the issue?

vince
01-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Interesting that Vick is more prone to getting sacked than Rodgers. Vick gets sacked once for every 11 pass attempts, versus 1/15 for Rodgers. Eagles are one of the leagues top running teams, so it's not like their OL is terrible. Are they better run blockers than pass blockers, or is Vick the issue?
I suspect if you take out Vick's rushing yards, most of which were passing plays gone bad, it'd tell a different story with regard to their running game. Some of Vick's runs were planned, but I don't think their o-line is all that.

denverYooper
01-05-2011, 04:55 PM

According to FO's Offensive Line (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol) ratings their run blocking is ranked 10th and Pass protection is ranked 28th. The goods on Vick in the latter part of the season is that he has a hard time diagnosing blitzes and setting protection so I would say part of that is on him.

denverYooper
01-05-2011, 05:00 PM
I suspect if you take out Vick's rushing yards, most of which were passing plays gone bad, it'd tell a different story with regard to their running game. Some of Vick's runs were planned, but I don't think their o-line is all that.

McCoy helps makes the numbers for that line look better also.

HarveyWallbangers
01-05-2011, 05:37 PM
FO's OL ratings are going to be screwy when it comes to any team with Mike Vick. They are destined to be overrated in run blocking and underrated in pass blocking. Vick's going to take more sacks than most QBs because he looks to scramble more than other QBs. He's also going to pad the rushing stats with his 5+ yards/carry with more carries than any other QB.

Joemailman
01-05-2011, 06:29 PM
According to FO's Offensive Line (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol) ratings their run blocking is ranked 10th and Pass protection is ranked 28th. The goods on Vick in the latter part of the season is that he has a hard time diagnosing blitzes and setting protection so I would say part of that is on him.

A little while ago on NFL.com they were saying that the Eagles don't have audibles or hot reads in their offense. If true, I wonder if that is just Andy Reid's philosophy, or if that is an indication of Vicks inability to recognize blitzes and adjust the call. At any rate, it sure would seem to invite blitzing by the opposition defense.

Freak Out
01-05-2011, 06:33 PM
No drops this week please.

Joemailman
01-05-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm thinking Special Teams could be huge this week. In several of the Packers toughest losses (Bears, Patriots, Falcons), Special Teams gaffes were huge. However, in some of their biggest wins (Jets, Giants and Bears), their Special teams have been great, and against teams with outstanding Special Teams units. If they can do it again this week, the Packers have a great chance of winning, and some Packer fans might actually put away the torches and pitchforks for awhile.

Scott Campbell
01-05-2011, 06:59 PM

I don't think it is an issue. He's so used to making plays with his feet that he probably hangs in there longer than anyone else.

Fritz
01-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Geez, if the Iggles really are going to have five or six d-backs out there all the time, could MM actually game plan for a little running? Like 55 pass, 45 run?

pbmax
01-05-2011, 07:22 PM
A little while ago on NFL.com they were saying that the Eagles don't have audibles or hot reads in their offense. If true, I wonder if that is just Andy Reid's philosophy, or if that is an indication of Vicks inability to recognize blitzes and adjust the call. At any rate, it sure would seem to invite blitzing by the opposition defense.

That is an outgrowth of Holmgren's offense. He didn't have hot reads either. It was get the correct protection scheme, make your reads and progression and if necessary, throw it away. It worked great until the Bronco's Super Bowl.

mraynrand
01-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Geez, if the Iggles really are going to have five or six d-backs out there all the time, could MM actually game plan for a little running? Like 55 pass, 45 run?

If the Packers ran 100 plays on offense THAT..WOULD..BE..AWESOME

RashanGary
01-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Big game by Rodgers and a respectable showing by the ST's should mean we move on to Atlanta.

BallHawk
01-06-2011, 12:20 AM

STARKS STARKS STARKS

denverYooper
01-06-2011, 10:57 AM
STARKS STARKS STARKS

Be interesting to see if they give him some more carries in this game. Grant had success running in the first meeting and BJax looked decent after Grant went down. Whatever the case may be, Philly should be weaker against the run this time around with the injuries they've sustained.

VermontPackFan
01-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Be interesting to see if they give him some more carries in this game. Grant had success running in the first meeting and BJax looked decent after Grant went down. Whatever the case may be, Philly should be weaker against the run this time around with the injuries they've sustained.

Does anyone know why Nance didnt play last week against the Bears? I missed reading about him...he looked good against the Gints the week before? Is he hurt or did his practice habits fall below the acceptable level?

Scott Campbell
01-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Does anyone know why Nance didnt play last week against the Bears? I missed reading about him...he looked good against the Gints the week before? Is he hurt or did his practice habits fall below the acceptable level?

It's starting to look like you get to choose one game day active per week from the choices of Starks and Nance.

Smidgeon
01-06-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm thinking Special Teams could be huge this week. In several of the Packers toughest losses (Bears, Patriots, Falcons), Special Teams gaffes were huge. However, in some of their biggest wins (Jets, Giants and Bears), their Special teams have been great, and against teams with outstanding Special Teams units. If they can do it again this week, the Packers have a great chance of winning, and some Packer fans might actually put away the torches and pitchforks for awhile.

At least until the next game...

VermontPackFan
01-06-2011, 11:56 AM
It's starting to look like you get to choose one game day active per week from the choices of Starks and Nance.

I thought with Hall out they both would have on the game day roster.

Fritz
01-06-2011, 05:08 PM
It will be interesting to see if either gets more than a carry or two. I wonder if MM will lean on his crusty old "veteran" Brandon Jackson.

denverYooper
01-06-2011, 05:20 PM
I thought with Hall out they both would have on the game day roster.

They were both active. Nance just didn't get any carries.

gbgary
01-06-2011, 08:02 PM

he holds the ball way too long. sterling and his buds showed several examples on nfl network. these weren't running plays gone bad but him dropping back in the pocket and refusing to throw the ball to receivers that were open short. he's looking long for the big play. if our coverage can hang in there for a while our speed rushers will have a chance to do some damage.