PDA

View Full Version : INTERIOR O-LINE : BREAKING DOWN FAMILY NIGHT.

gbpackfan
08-08-2006, 04:32 PM
I just watched Family Night again. In fact, I watched it over and over looking at three players. Colledge, Spitz and Wells. I wanted to see how the interior of the O line performed. So I broke it down. The way I did it was quite simple. I watched one of the players during one play. I gave them a + or - depending on how they performed. + means it was a positive performance while - means they were bad. EARNING A POSITIVE PLAY DOESNT MEAN THE PLAY WENT FOR POSITIVE YARDS. Some were close calls and I admitt, not knowing their specific assignments made it some what difficult. However, I think I did a pretty good job. Here goes.

Wells, Colledge and Spitz played in 22 plays together with the #1 O:

Wells: 18+ and 4-
Colledge: 15+ and 7-
Spitz: 16+ and 6-

Of those 22 plays, 9 were runs and 13 were passes.

During the 9 runs,

Wells: 7+ and 2-
Colledge: 5+ and 4-
Spitz: 5+ and 4-

During the 13 pass plays,

Wells: 11+ and 2-
Colledge: 10+ and 3-
Spitz: 10+ and 3-

Colledge and Spitz also played in 5 snaps with the O when Martin was the QB.

Colledge had all positives (5+) during this period and Spitz had four positives (4+), earning only one negative (1-) during a pass blocking assignment.

TOTAL:

Wells: 18 of 22 plays were positive plays or 82%.
Colledge: 20 of 27 plays were positive plays or 74%.
Spitz: 20 of 27 plays were positive plays or 74%.

Well, there you go. The cold hard facts. Now you tell me what they mean! (And yes, it does mean that I have too much time on my hands!!!! :mrgreen: )

Tarlam!
08-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks for this effort.

The length you people, who write these camp repots, go to on our behalf is worthy of the highest praise and the deepest thanks.

HarveyWallbangers
08-08-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm not sure what the numbers mean, but I think I wished they were 90% or higher.

gbpackfan
08-08-2006, 06:18 PM
I agree. But some of them were real close. I will run the numbers again after the first preseason game and see if they go up. It will be interesting to track them as the preseason goes higher.

Wells looked sharp. I have NO worries about him. He gets to the second level very well.

I also noticed that Colledge and Wells team up a lot and Spitz handles his business one on one most of the time.