PDA

View Full Version : SPITZ INJURED - LET'S HOPE IT IS NOT SERIOUS!!!

gbpackfan
08-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Guard Spitz hurt, replaced by Peko

During the team period of Tuesday’s practice, rookie guard Jason Spitz dropped out of the drill after injuring his right leg. Spitz was replaced in the No. 1 unit for the drill by Siitupe Peko.

-- Rob Demovsky, reporter, Green Bay Press-Gazette

By the way it is worded, "dropped out," it sounds like a muscle pull. At least it didn't read "carted off the field!"

Tarlam!
08-08-2006, 04:43 PM
No. Please. No.

Partial
08-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Hmm, Coston isn't the back-up?

vince
08-08-2006, 04:58 PM
Hi all. Just stumbled into this site and thought I'd join the fray.

If he's out for any length of time, it is really going to hurt... There is NO room for injuries on the o-line...

"What the hell is going on out there!"

Vince

Partial
08-08-2006, 05:05 PM
Vince, Nice to have you here man, I think you'll find it a great place to discuss football!!

MJZiggy
08-08-2006, 05:05 PM
I can't find anything on it. Where did you hear it? I doubt it's incredibly serious or I'd think it would have hit the news wire by now.

mission
08-08-2006, 05:19 PM
replaced ... by Siitupe Peko.

Ohhhhh Siitupe Peko, sure... I know him, has a great history of...... err. :roll:

gbpackfan
08-08-2006, 05:20 PM
PackersNews.com insider blog.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-08-2006, 05:20 PM
This is major blow even if its for only 2-3 weeks because he needs as much time as he can get with the number ones.

I can't wait for preseason to be over.....

gbpackfan
08-08-2006, 05:52 PM
I didn't want to cause panic with this post. I really don't think it is anything that will keep him out longer then a day. Players seem to take themselves out of drills daily with muscle soreness and mild strains. I THINK that is the case here. I need an update NOW! AHHHH!

PlantPage55
08-08-2006, 06:11 PM
They taped his leg up and carted him away...so I don't know how serious that makes it :neutral:

Rastak
08-08-2006, 06:27 PM
They taped his leg up and carted him away...so I don't know how serious that makes it :neutral:

Didn't Jennings get hurt too? It sounded like a muscle strain or something not too serious....

Bretsky
08-08-2006, 06:32 PM
Hi all. Just stumbled into this site and thought I'd join the fray.

If he's out for any length of time, it is really going to hurt... There is NO room for injuries on the o-line...

"What the hell is going on out there!"

Vince

Hey Vince,

WELCOME to PR; TT has left the whole OL pretty think so we gotta pray for no injuries. Truth be told even w/o injuries BF may be running quite a bit.

gbpackfan
08-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Jennings just has a sore groin muscle, I think. Not serious.

This Spitz thing is not sounding good!

gbpackfan
08-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Just listened to MM's interview from after today's practice on Packers.com. He said that he doesn't know the extent of the injury and that he is not sure how it happened. He may have gotten kicked or rolled up on. Not very helpful, I know. :sad:

gbpackfan
08-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Spitz goes down

Rookie guard Jason Spitz dropped out of practice Tuesday with what Head Coach Mike McCarthy called a bruised lower right leg. At the end of practice, Spitz was walking around under his own power with ice wrapped on his leg.

"I'm not exactly sure (what happened)," McCarthy said. "I don't know if he got kicked or rolled up on."

Spitz was replaced at right guard by Siitupe Peko.

LOOKS LIKE HE IS GOING TO BE OKAY!