PDA

View Full Version : Packers will count on fearsome pass rush to slow down Vick

woodbuck27
01-07-2011, 03:11 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d81d49/article/packers-will-count-on-fearsome-pass-rush-to-slow-down-vick

GO PACK GO !

Fritz
01-07-2011, 08:06 PM
I wonder how Jenkins will play and if he'll hold up. Last time he missed a couple games this season, didn't he come back and play well immediately?

It'd be helpful if he could play well and play the whole game without getting hurt. It'd help with the pass rush and the blitz.

gbgary
01-07-2011, 08:48 PM
they showed the first philly game on nfl network earlier this week. vick got away several times when we ran the three man rush. don't think i'd try that again except on third and extremely long (maybe not even then). either way the middle must not vacated. have walden spy on him as he did cutler perhaps.

mraynrand
01-07-2011, 08:54 PM
I think the Packer's scheme will involve a lot of directional pressures to get Vick to move where the Packers want him to move - to his right on some pressures, and on others they will force him up in the pocket into Raji and Pickett. The scheme relies though on NO ONE getting away from their responsibilities - the opposite OLB has to set the edges on opposite side edge rushes, and DEs have to set edges on upfield rushes from both ends, while ILB have to cover both Tackle-end gaps. Good discipline plus constant pressure will negate much of Vick.

bobblehead
01-07-2011, 09:53 PM
I think the Packer's scheme will involve a lot of directional pressures to get Vick to move where the Packers want him to move - to his right on some pressures, and on others they will force him up in the pocket into Raji and Pickett. The scheme relies though on NO ONE getting away from their responsibilities - the opposite OLB has to set the edges on opposite side edge rushes, and DEs have to set edges on upfield rushes from both ends, while ILB have to cover both Tackle-end gaps. Good discipline plus constant pressure will negate much of Vick.

Agree. We are going to see a lot of collapsing the pocket. Raji and probably Jenkins pushing the inside to flush him. Wood coming from the slot to flush him to his right so he can't throw as easily and Mathews holding the edge so hopefully he doesn't get around the outside and up the sideline. It all boils down to collapsing it from the middle though since you can't have your edge guys come down on him for fear of him getting around them.