PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Greene

vince
01-08-2011, 05:18 AM
I know this isn't the first thread on Greene, but I think he deserves a lot of credit.

For someone with very little coaching experience, you have to be impressed with the way he goes about his business. He's shown that he can transfer his knowledge and experience about the defense to his guys. But maybe even more impressive is his ability to draw out their daily work ethic, intensity and passion for the game.

This whole article is very good about the work Walden and Briggs have been putting in to not only avoid being a liability, but to succeed in Green Bay. It looks like it all goes to job Kevin Greene is doing in coaching these guys up. You can add Zombo right in with these guys too.

http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20110107/PKR01/110107138/Hitting-the-books-helped-Walden-hit-Cutler-in-2nd-start

“I’m not a seasoned, grizzled veteran coach,” Greene said. “I’m just doing what I think needs to be done, and I think what needs to be done is you put yourself in that kid the best you can — all your love, all your passion, all your heart, everything you know about this position and everything you’ve learned about this defense. And if they listen and they’re a smart kid and want to be a student of the game, then hopefully he can make plays and help this team win.”
:worship:

I went into the draft last year thinking that the Packers really needed an OLB to make sure they can get to the QB to help out a secondary that had been abused too often. Now I'm not sure the team isn't set at OLB with a 7th rounder and two undrafted free agents. That says a lot about Thompson, but it says just as much about Kevin Greene. (Trgovac has done a good job with his guys to improve their inside push and pressure too, which obviously helps as well.)

Coach 'em up Kevin!

woodbuck27
01-08-2011, 07:31 AM
I know this isn't the first thread on Greene, but I think he deserves a lot of credit.

For someone with very little coaching experience, you have to be impressed with the way he goes about his business. He's shown that he can transfer his knowledge and experience about the defense to his guys. But maybe even more impressive is his ability to draw out their daily work ethic, intensity and passion for the game.

This whole article is very good about the work Walden and Briggs have been putting in to not only avoid being a liability, but to succeed in Green Bay. It looks like it all goes to job Kevin Greene is doing in coaching these guys up. You can add Zombo right in with these guys too.

http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20110107/PKR01/110107138/Hitting-the-books-helped-Walden-hit-Cutler-in-2nd-start

I went into the draft last year thinking that the Packers really needed an OLB to make sure they can get to the QB to help out a secondary that had been abused too often. Now I'm not sure the team isn't set at OLB with a 7th rounder and two undrafted free agents. That says a lot about Thompson, but it says just as much about Kevin Greene. (Trgovac has done a good job with his guys to improve their inside push and pressure too, which obviously helps as well.)

Coach 'em up Kevin!

Vince Lombardi is proud of this season's team, Vince. Unbelievable how it's played given all the adversity. We have to be 'just proud' today to be Packer fans.

GO PACK GO !

mraynrand
01-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Vince Lombardi is proud of this season's team, Vince.

Source?

ND72
01-08-2011, 09:48 AM
I am not so sure we are solid at OLB, but was happy walden had a big game last week. I do, however, love me some Kevin greene. I need to get his autograph before he gets a bigger gig somewhere else.

Iron Mike
01-08-2011, 09:50 AM
I am not so sure we are solid at OLB, but was happy walden had a big game last week. I do, however, love me some Kevin greene. I need to get his autograph before he gets a bigger gig somewhere else.

I think you should wrestle him before he leaves.

http://www.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesHogan/hogan_savage_green.jpg

Tony Oday
01-08-2011, 11:38 AM
The good play by the LBs is a direct result of BJ Raji, Pickett and whoever else we scrap together to form that line that eats up blockers.

Lurker64
01-08-2011, 12:37 PM
The good play by the LBs is a direct result of BJ Raji, Pickett and whoever else we scrap together to form that line that eats up blockers.

Well, that's kind of the central thesis of the 3-4 defense isn't it? You want linebackers to run around and make plays, and so you put a bunch of big uglies in front of them to worry/impede the offensive blockers. The fact that it's working more or less points to one or more persons actually doing their job adequately.

hawaii50
01-08-2011, 04:20 PM

Coach 'em up Kevin!

I just read this article and the paragraph you quoted stood out to me as well. greene deserves a ton of credit and i'm glad he's on our side.

Packgator
01-08-2011, 04:28 PM
greene deserves a ton of credit and i'm glad he's on our side.

Greene has turned out just as we all hoped when we heard he coming to Green Bay. It's nice when things work out and go as planned/hoped.