PDA

View Full Version : Ed Reed

Patler
01-08-2011, 08:38 AM
Ed Reed led the NFL with 8 interceptions this year.
Ed Reed played in only 10 games this year.

Joemailman
01-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Ed Reed is good

sheepshead
01-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Ed Reed is good

+1

Brandon494
01-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu are on another level then every other safety in the league. It sucks his life was taken so early but I believe Sean Taylor would have been right up there with them if he was still playing.

gbgary
01-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Ed Reed is good

yes but he must be a little lucky too. do we know if these ints were all great plays or were some poor passes or deflected balls?

MJZiggy
01-08-2011, 11:02 AM
yes but he must be a little lucky too. do we know if these ints were all great plays or were some poor passes or deflected balls?

Ed Reed is good. He is a ballhawk and always happens to be nearby wherever the ball goes. His little brother went missing yesterday.

bobblehead
01-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Ed Reed is good. He is a ballhawk and always happens to be nearby wherever the ball goes. His little brother went missing yesterday.

I definately watch too much tv. My first thought was that a chiefs fan is holding him til after the game. In honesty though, I hope he is just on a bender and will be fine.

Patler
01-08-2011, 12:20 PM
I definately watch too much tv. My first thought was that a chiefs fan is holding him til after the game. In honesty though, I hope he is just on a bender and will be fine.

It doesn't look good. He jumped in the Mississippi River running away from police, and was last seen 15-20 feet from shore.

Patler
01-08-2011, 12:23 PM

Even if many were poor passes or deflected balls, how would that differ from most interceptions by other players?

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Best saftey I have ever seen play. Hope his brother is okay.

gbgary
01-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Even if many were poor passes or deflected balls, how would that differ from most interceptions by other players?

for some players, who just happen to be in the right place at the right time, no difference. for others, who actually make plays, a lot. i'm just wondering what the circumstances were. hope they find his brother to be ok btw.

Joemailman
01-08-2011, 05:42 PM
When you have 54 career INT's in 9 years, it's hard to believe there's much luck involved. Reed has a knack for being around the ball. That's the mark of a really great Safety.

Jimx29
01-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Ed Reed led the NFL with 8 interceptions this year.
Ed Reed played in only 10 games this year.

Isn't there also an Ed Reed nfl referee/

red
01-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu are on another level then every other safety in the league.

agreed, that why i laugh when nick collins makes the pro bowl because i don't even think he's close to their class, but then i have to remind myself that its just because those two are so much better then everyone else not that nick isn't good

HarveyWallbangers
01-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Nick Collins is very good.

Badgerinmaine
01-08-2011, 11:56 PM
It doesn't look good. He jumped in the Mississippi River running away from police, and was last seen 15-20 feet from shore.
Not good at all: http://www.wwltv.com/news/Man-missing-after-jumping-into-river-to-elude-police-113088204.html

Tony Oday
01-09-2011, 12:12 AM
Ed Reed is good Collins is ours therefore Collins is better!

packerbacker1234
01-09-2011, 01:57 AM
agreed, that why i laugh when nick collins makes the pro bowl because i don't even think he's close to their class, but then i have to remind myself that its just because those two are so much better then everyone else not that nick isn't good

Comparing Nick Collins to "the best safety turnover wise" to play the game just isn't fair. Nick Collins is a good, possibly "great" FS. However, you can't compare him to the best and then undervalue how good he is.

He isn't Ed Reed - NO ONE is. Ed Reed is a godsend back there. From key interceptions to returns for TDs. He's the charles woodson of last year, except... he does it year in and year out. I give Troy some credit for being all over and being great, but to me he is still a step back from Ed Reed. Troy is mor eimportant, overall, to his defense though. Ed Reed still has talent around him and a leader in Lewis to take charge when he is gone - but naturally you can't replace his production at the position. No one can, not even Troy, who has never been as prolific of a turnover machine as Reed is.

Reed is the measuring stick for all FS's really, and only Troy can step up to his impact level on the field. Collins, however, is still up there.

He averages about 50 tackles a season, 12 to 14 passes defended, 4 to 5 picks (over the last 3 years), and is as solid in run defense as any defensive back could be. There are few in the NFC that truly better than him, and few overall that are as good as Collins. However, there are two that are so far ahead of everyone else that it still makes collins look average. Reality is, Nick Collins is really damn good, but he's not "all time great" like Troy and Ed Reed.

mmmdk
01-09-2011, 05:45 AM
Nick Collins is very good.

+ 1

pbmax
01-09-2011, 10:51 AM
When you have 54 career INT's in 9 years, it's hard to believe there's much luck involved. Reed has a knack for being around the ball. That's the mark of a really great Safety.

Well, there are some other factors. He plays deep centerfield safety usually and is responsible for closing on those routes. He does not play up at the line or in constant motion (or blitz) like Polamalu. I am not saying he never goes anywhere else, but he is deep, more often that any other spot. Like Collins, with 50% fewer drops.

MadtownPacker
01-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Well thats too fucking bad for him. For those of you chiming in with concern, why? He got what he had coming from the sound of it. Dont feel bad for Ed Reed either cuz if he was such a good big brother he could have used some of that $$$ to help get his bro fixed or at least buy him his own car and drug money. One less shit we gotta worry about flushing IMO.