PDA

View Full Version : Denver is waiting outside Dom's window throwing pebbles....

BlueBrewer
01-09-2011, 01:10 PM
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Broncos are interested in interviewing Dom Capers for their head coaching vacancy.

I hope he has had his fill of being a head coach.

mmmdk
01-09-2011, 01:18 PM
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Broncos are interested in interviewing Dom Capers for their head coaching vacancy.

I hope he has had his fill of being a head coach.

Me too!

Can't wait to see McCarthy's face though...if it should happen. :shock:

esoxx
01-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Dom, I love you so
I want you to know
That I'm going to miss your defensive calls
The minute you walk out that door
(Chorus)
So please don't go
Don't go
Don't go away
Please don't go
Don't go
I'm begging you to stay
If you leave
At least in my lifetime
I've had one dream come true
I was blessed to see the Packers defense
Coordinated by someone as wonderful as you
(Chorus)
Hey, hey, hey
Yeah
Dom, I love you so
I want yo to know
That I'm going to miss your defensive calls
The minute you walk out that door
So please don't go
Don't go
Don't go away
Hey, hey, hey
I need your defensive game plans
I'm down on my knees
Beggin' please, please, please
Don't go
Don't you hear me Dom
please don't go
Don't leave me now
Oh, no, no, no, no
Please don't go
I want you to know
That I, I, I, love you so
Don't leave me Dom
Please don't go

esoxx
01-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Play it again Sam!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-l5FyA3pgo

Brando19
01-09-2011, 01:45 PM
http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?21332-Say-it-ain-t-so!

I beat you to it.

vince
01-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Dom said when he was hired in Green Bay that he'd be interested in coaching again, but it would have to be "the right situation." He said that he's already been in situations that are not close to success and he's not interested in taking on such a long-term project again. The Bronco situation is such a mess that I'm not sure he'd be interested.

ND72
01-09-2011, 02:12 PM
We need to keep winning

Pugger
01-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Dom said when he was hired in Green Bay that he'd be interested in coaching again, but it would have to be "the right situation." He said that he's already been in situations that are not close to success and he's not interested in taking on such a long-term project again. The Bronco situation is such a mess that I'm not sure he'd be interested.

I sure hope he wouldn't be interested!! :shock:

Lurker64
01-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Beating Philly helped, Denver signed John Fox today to be their head coach. Does that mean there aren't any vacancies left?

RashanGary
01-13-2011, 03:10 PM
<--------Sigh of relief. I really hope MM/Dom have a 5 year run starting with a SB this year and one or two more.

red
01-13-2011, 03:26 PM
wow, john fox, really?

dude got fired for being the coach of the worst team in the nfl and someone else scoops him up right away?

what am i missing?

Lurker64
01-13-2011, 03:31 PM
wow, john fox, really?

dude got fired for being the coach of the worst team in the nfl and someone else scoops him up right away?

what am i missing?

I think Denver wanted to hire somebody on the cheap, so they weren't paying three head coaches at the same time. That would explain why they couldn't even get interviews with a bunch of guys.

VermontPackFan
01-13-2011, 03:32 PM
wow, john fox, really?

what am i missing?

Fox is a tough, defensive minded head coach. I think he will do very well whereever he goes. I think he stuck with his QB, Delhomme too long and then made some bad college QB picks as well. I forget the kids name 3-4 years ago, and then hoped for a miracle with Clausen last year. I am not sure how much authority he had over draft picks, contracts (letting Julius Peppers walk) etc.
Carolina will not be in the crapper for long, they have a very good OL & a stable of RB's, they just need a solid QB. Someone like Matt Flynn to run the offense?

Joemailman
01-13-2011, 05:15 PM
wow, john fox, really?

what am i missing?

Fox has been to a Super Bowl and was 12-4 as recently as 2008. I doubt he's forgotten how to coach. He was handed a disaster at the QB position. His defense was respectable statistically, but was surely hurt by having to spend too much time on the field due to the pathetic offense.

mraynrand
01-13-2011, 05:25 PM
It's all about Dom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oSR-lT-PEw

sheepshead
01-13-2011, 05:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVw_NxM7aqc&playnext=1&list=PL8C9544B2DC3F8771&index=104

sheepshead
01-13-2011, 05:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MDCbIhTa_w

Pugger
01-13-2011, 06:03 PM
It appears Oakland is the only team still searching for a HC. You all don't suppose Al Davis could lure Capers away from 1265?? :shock:

Lurker64
01-13-2011, 06:05 PM
It appears Oakland is the only team still searching for a HC. You all don't suppose Al Davis could lure Capers away from 1265?? :shock:

The word is that Offensive Coordinator Hue Jackson has the inside track for the Raiders HC job. Lord knows that the Raiders job is about as appealing now as a Division I-AA head coaching job. It pays better, but there's no opportunity for advancement and you work for a crazy man.