PDA

View Full Version : kuddos go to...

gbgary
01-09-2011, 07:22 PM
the special teams for being more than solid, to AR and the o for building a good lead, and especially to the d for holding on to win the game.

i'll leave the individual kuddos to you other rats.

Little Whiskey
01-09-2011, 07:25 PM
kuddos to Jones for only dropping one TD pass!

BallHawk
01-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Cornerbacks. Woodson, Tramon, Shields. All played great. Shields is such an asset to this team when he's on his game. That defense on the deep ball was big.

bobblehead
01-09-2011, 07:29 PM
kuddos to Jones for only dropping one TD pass!

Kuddos to Jennings for only dropping 3 passes by my count.

packers11
01-09-2011, 07:36 PM
the football gods... we have lost so many close playoff games in the past decade... thank the lord we came out on the other side of it for ONCE...

RashanGary
01-09-2011, 07:42 PM
I'm really proud of Aaron Rodgers for managing the game masterfully. He can keep pace on big plays with any QB in the game, but today he did the little things well. You never shook your head, "what the hell was that?" or said, "he should have done that." The game just came to him. He handled all of it well. He's going to have playoff games where he's much more magnificent. He already has. Tonight he was just right. He and the offense did enough against a good team.

And when our identity looks like this, it's going to open that magnificent stuff up that much more. And no INT's . . . For anyone who watched the Chiefs game, the way Aaron played today was masterful.

mission
01-09-2011, 07:43 PM
Kuddos to Jennings for only dropping 3 passes by my count.

I expect him to have a monster game against the Falcons. Indoors, no wind, no excuses-- Big Play Greg.

Bulaga had a good game too. Even on the play where his guy got to Rodgers, he held him for awhile but AR stepped up in the pocket and opened himself up to a hit.

red
01-09-2011, 07:44 PM
special teams played great again for the second week in a row

hell even bush and lee played well

there wasx just the one big screw up where underwood touched the lose ball. communication needs to get better

Bretsky
01-09-2011, 07:45 PM
kudos to the secondary coach; it's rather unbelievable how much better Shields has been than at start of the yr

gbgary
01-09-2011, 07:48 PM

there wasx just the one big screw up where underwood touched the lose ball. communication needs to get better

i think it was bush got beat for their first td. the ball was behind poor underwood who got blocked into it. bad break there.

BlueBrewer
01-09-2011, 07:48 PM

He was pushed into that ball big time....that was a bullshit no-call

mission
01-09-2011, 07:49 PM
kudos to the secondary coach; it's rather unbelievable how much better Shields has been than at start of the yr

+1 shields is sick

so joe whitt with the credit here? darren perry has done OK with the safeties... their tackling has been suspect sometimes tho

pbmax
01-09-2011, 07:57 PM
I expect him to have a monster game against the Falcons. Indoors, no wind, no excuses-- Big Play Greg.

Bulaga had a good game too. Even on the play where his guy got to Rodgers, he held him for awhile but AR stepped up in the pocket and opened himself up to a hit.

That was COlledge's guy who hit ARod. Bulaga's guy recovered the fumble I think.

pbmax
01-09-2011, 07:58 PM

But it was the correct no-call. Its not a penalty.

bobblehead
01-09-2011, 07:59 PM

Yea, guy had two hands full of jersy and dragged him into the ball. Minimum should have been a holding penalty.

bobblehead
01-09-2011, 08:01 PM
But it was the correct no-call. Its not a penalty.

Disagree. He pushed him past the ball as underwood avoided it, then he dragged him back into the ball. You are not allowed to do that, should have been a holding penalty, but if not, ruled that he was pushed into the ball.

mmmdk
01-09-2011, 08:01 PM

Well spotted! Shields is a rookie and plays like a pro today. Awesome!

gbgary
01-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Yea, guy had two hands full of jersy and dragged him into the ball. Minimum should have been a holding penalty.

never thought of that. hmmmm

pbmax
01-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Holding is a rare penalty called on a defense unless its a pass. I have never seen it called on a kicking team. Underwood needed to bail out of there, or fall down and make it obvious the Eagle was holding him. Otherwise it was two players battling to make a play. There is a reason he was getting an earful from M3.

rbaloha1
01-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Game planning in all 3 phases.

MJZiggy
01-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Game planning in all 3 phases.:wave::bclap::bclap::bclap:

Oh and kudos to the fact that when Kuhn caught the ball in the first half, I could hear the Pack fans in the crowd yell KUUUUHHHHNNNN!!!

Awesome job DD too. Awesome job to the dude with the dreads that I've never seen before who blocked for Starks. And to Starks and everyone for firing on the same cylinders.

Little Whiskey
01-09-2011, 08:49 PM
:wave::bclap::bclap::bclap:

And to Starks and everyone for firing on the same cylinders.

it would be very ineffecient to fire on the same cylinder. now firing on all cylinders is much more powerful.

Cheesehead Craig
01-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Kudos to the coaching staff. Everybody was up for this game. There was no letdown.

gbgary
01-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Kudos to the coaching staff. Everybody was up for this game. There was almost no letdown.

fixed

packerbacker1234
01-09-2011, 09:37 PM
First big props: The defensive backs.

Woodson, Williams, Collins, Peprah, and Shields. They all played a great game back there with very minimal breakdowns. I don't recall Woodson giving up a single big play when he was in man, Williams had a great pass break up and a game ending pick. Shields broke up a deep pass to their best weapon thanks in large part to his speed. When all those guys are on, it's very hard to pass the ball against us.

Second big props: Front 7. Constant pressure on Vick most the game. Not as many sacks as we would like, but we got enough to make a difference. Matthews had a big time sack to end a drive (nice to see his intensity translate to the playoffs) and a big stop of the RB on 3rd down. Guy is just a play maker. Bishop had a nice early sack and did well stopping the run. Jenkins looked good out there for his first game back and should only get better.

Last bit of good jobs: Starks, Rodgers, Kuhn, Driver. Starks had himself a game, and I think the OL played very well for him to give him some holes. Rodgers has to get props because this isn't a style he is use too (balanced) with the pregame guys talking about rodgers maybe throwing it 50 times this game. He played within himself, dumped it off a lot more, and still had good production. Kuhn for just being a gamer. He fumbles? Yeah, f that, he is at the bottom of the damn pile ripping an easy eagles recovery away. Oh, and it was a for a first down. Bounces right back with a 18 yard pass catch and run (nice run in a space), and really only had the one play wer relied on him where he got stopped. Not is fault, untouched LB's are going to blow that play up 9 times out of 10. He's Kuhn, and I still have no doubts about how reliable he is.

Driver is the surprise maker to this list. Despite a drop (who didn't have one?) he came through in a lot of clutch situations getting us key first downs. In a game where we didn't throw it as much as is normal, he lead the team with almost 60 yards recieving and 5 catches, 3 for first downs (or was it 4?). Driver came to play today, and could be a major factor the rest of the way should he be able to go.

Cheesehead Craig
01-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Kudos to the coaching staff. Everybody was up for this game. There was no letdown.

fixed

Reposted as didn't need fixing. ;)

Joemailman
01-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Kudos to me for not having a heart attack at the end.

gbgary
01-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Kudos to me for not having a heart attack at the end.

lol...you're not the only one.

Joemailman
01-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Holding is a rare penalty called on a defense unless its a pass. I have never seen it called on a kicking team. Underwood needed to bail out of there, or fall down and make it obvious the Eagle was holding him. Otherwise it was two players battling to make a play. There is a reason he was getting an earful from M3.

Am I the only one who thinks the play should have been blown dead? Looked to me like the ball had stopped moving and the Eagles were making no effort to down it. Instead they pushed Underwood into it.

Bretsky
01-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Why can't that play get reviewed ????

pbmax
01-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Kudos for Jenkins for playing some serious snaps and staying in the game. He wasn't his old self, but he is one week closer to it.

The Shadow
01-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Brandon Jackson grabbed the jersey of the O lineman leading on the screen and held on almost to the endzone. Liked it!

The Shadow
01-09-2011, 10:39 PM
And I think a combo of Grant & Starks + Jackson as a 3rd down back will be rather effective

pbmax
01-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Brandon Jackson grabbed the jersey of the O lineman leading on the screen and held on almost to the endzone. Liked it!

That was fun to see. I am sure it will be illegal next week. But like NASCAR, if you aren't cheating, you aren't trying.

Cheesehead Craig
01-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Thought BJacks screen play was brilliant running on his part. Didn't outrun his blockers and set them up beautifully. His stutterstepping actually came in handy.

packers11
01-09-2011, 11:09 PM
oh and also Kudos for A-Rod not throwing an INT late in the game... I really got tired of that shit... Take the sack and play the field position...

Scott Campbell
01-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Thought BJacks screen play was brilliant running on his part. Didn't outrun his blockers and set them up beautifully. His stutterstepping actually came in handy.

He's been consistently good in space.

gabe
01-10-2011, 01:05 AM
:wave::bclap::bclap::bclap:

Oh and kudos to the fact that when Kuhn caught the ball in the first half, I could hear the Pack fans in the crowd yell KUUUUHHHHNNNN!!!

Awesome job DD too. Awesome job to the dude with the dreads that I've never seen before who blocked for Starks. And to Starks and everyone for firing on the same cylinders.
Do you mean Quinn Johnson??

channtheman
01-10-2011, 02:14 AM

The kicking team is allowed to push the receiving team into the ball.

Noodle
01-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Lots of Kuddos to go around, but you have to love that shoestring tackle that Bishop made on Jackson near the end of the game. I couldn't see if anyone else had an angle, but it sure looked like if Bishop didn't go all out and make that play, game over. Nice bookend to his game-opening sack.

Sure glad that guy has stuck around to make some plays in non-preseason games.

pbmax
01-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Lots of Kuddos to go around, but you have to love that shoestring tackle that Bishop made on Jackson near the end of the game. I couldn't see if anyone else had an angle, but it sure looked like if Bishop didn't go all out and make that play, game over. Nice bookend to his game-opening sack.

Good point, there might have been only one other person deeper than Bishop with a chance.

RashanGary
01-10-2011, 10:35 AM

That play was a nice little microcosm of Desmond Bishop, the player. It was an inventive tackle made on the fly in the open field. Bishop is a gamer.

RashanGary
01-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Tramon Williams tackle on Maclin where he tracked him down from behind. . . . Maybe he had a slight angle, but it wasn't much. Tramon looked a full step faster than Maclin there. Freaking athlete!

mraynrand
01-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Tramon Williams tackle on Maclin where he tracked him down from behind. . . . Maybe he had a slight angle, but it wasn't much. Tramon looked a full step faster than Maclin there. Freaking athlete!

I was marveling at that on replay. Outstanding! (though he did sort of ease up on the coverage in the first place...)

mraynrand
01-10-2011, 10:46 AM

Hasn't he completely supplanted Woodson out there at corner? So Woodson is sort of playing this hybrid Corner-Safety-LB position and he can do it because Shields is so reliable. That defense of the long pass to DeSean Jackson was awesome.

RashanGary
01-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Hasn't he completely supplanted Woodson out there at corner? So Woodson is sort of playing this hybrid Corner-Safety-LB position and he can do it because Shields is so reliable. That defense of the long pass to DeSean Jackson was awesome.

Amazing that he kept up with him. Holy crap, Philly didn't expect that. Our secondary was huge. And it does sound crazy but I trust Shields out there more than Wood. Wood plays inside and has a very complex assignment. The way all three of those guys come together with Woodson having the unique skillset inside. . . . We're the number 2 defense for a reason. Our guys can really cover and with Woodson being so versatile, we're very unpredictable too.

RashanGary
01-10-2011, 10:57 AM
Instead of going full nickle against Atlanta, I wouldn't mind seeing Peprah taken out for Shields to have kind of a hybrid base/nickle package where Woodson plays the SS role. That way we keep an extra front 7 guy on the field to stop the run and still have our best cover guys.

Joemailman
01-10-2011, 10:58 AM
A couple of years ago we were wondering who would eventually replace Harris and Woodson. Looks like the answer is 2 UDFA's. Kudos to TT for going crazy in free agency!

mraynrand
01-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Instead of going full nickle against Atlanta, I wouldn't mind seeing Peprah taken out for Shields to have kind of a hybrid base/nickle package where Woodson plays the SS role. That way we keep an extra front 7 guy on the field to stop the run and still have our best cover guys.

That would worry me a bit taking Peprah off the field. One of the worst problems from last year was the communication between LB and Safety in coverage. A huge part of cleaning that up has been due to Peprah (also Woodson, and improved pass rush).

mraynrand
01-10-2011, 11:32 AM
http://www.bewarethecheese.com/ca%20snickers%20kudos.jpg
also to:

http://prod.static.packers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/persons/coach-cards/Whitt_Joe.jpg

Tarlam!
01-10-2011, 11:42 AM
That would worry me a bit taking Peprah off the field. One of the worst problems from last year was the communication between LB and Safety in coverage. A huge part of cleaning that up has been due to Peprah (also Woodson, and improved pass rush).

I see your concern, but I think JH's idea has merit. Turner worries the crap outta me, but that QB can pick you apart as well. If Dom has the right personnell on the field, JH's gameplan could fly, especially if Jenkins adds another pass rushing dimension.

This discussion is a bit of a thread jack, but I find it cool.

mraynrand
01-10-2011, 11:45 AM
McGinn's column on Whitt made the Sacramento Bee:

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/01/09/3310750/packers-cornerbacks-coach-has.html

Guiness
01-10-2011, 12:03 PM
also to:

http://prod.static.packers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/persons/coach-cards/Whitt_Joe.jpg

I guess no one is pinning for the days of Kurt Schottenheimer, eh?

Patler
01-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the play should have been blown dead? Looked to me like the ball had stopped moving and the Eagles were making no effort to down it. Instead they pushed Underwood into it.

I wondered that at the time. Sometimes they seem to blow it dead very quickly, other times they seem to wait for ever. I've never been able to figure it out

swede
01-10-2011, 12:17 PM

Peprah was the first to miss Jackson. Peprah slid right off of him, and after Bishop finally snared Jackson you could see Peprah standing nearby and he opened his hands and looked at them as if to say "What is wrong with you two hands?"

Tarlam!
01-10-2011, 12:19 PM
McGinn's column on Whitt made the Sacramento Bee:

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/01/09/3310750/packers-cornerbacks-coach-has.html

It'd be a great fluff piece if only it were in the off-season. He's the type of guy 31 other teams want on their staff when this stuff is being written leading up to the playoffs....

denverYooper
01-10-2011, 12:26 PM
I thought Wells had a good game. That quick snap to catch the Eagles offsides was Flannaganesque.

HarveyWallbangers
01-10-2011, 12:29 PM
I like Bishop. He's proven that with playing time, he can be solid. Kind of interesting that the Packers played a 2-4-5 nickel most of the game. When they went to the dime, they took out Bishop (and left Hawk in) and put in Jarret Bush.

mraynrand
01-10-2011, 12:40 PM
I thought Wells had a good game. That quick snap to catch the Eagles offsides was Flannaganesque.

Good use of Flannaganesque

mraynrand
01-10-2011, 12:40 PM
I like Bishop. He's proven that with playing time, he can be solid. Kind of interesting that the Packers played a 2-4-5 nickel most of the game. When they went to the dime, they took out Bishop (and left Hawk in) and put in Jarret Bush.

Isn't that a 2-4.5-4.5 because of Woodson?

Bossman641
01-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Speaking of big plays by the defense, Collins made an outstanding tackle on Vick. Can't remember if it was late third or early fourth but Vick eluded the rush and was just about to take off down the right sideline when Collins came charging up and caught enough of his legs to take him down. It looked like Vick had a lot of green in front of him.

mraynrand
01-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Speaking of big plays by the defense, Collins made an outstanding tackle on Vick. Can't remember if it was late third or early fourth but Vick eluded the rush and was just about to take off down the right sideline when Collins came charging up and caught enough of his legs to take him down. It looked like Vick had a lot of green in front of him.

My comment at the time: "Darren Sharper would have missed that tackle"

Bossman641
01-10-2011, 12:59 PM

Do you think Sharper would have tried to return that INT for a TD if he was Williams??

get louder at lambeau
01-10-2011, 01:04 PM

Sharper sure did a good job making Marshwn Lynch look like a superstar this week.

gbgary
01-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Sharper sure did a good job making Marshwn Lynch look like a superstar this week.

yup. he and bf stayed one year too long.

Guiness
01-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Do you think Sharper would have tried to return that INT for a TD if he was Williams??

Don't know, but I was never so happy to see a player take a knee as when he did after running the ball out of the endzone against Chicago.

mraynrand
01-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Do you think Sharper would have tried to return that INT for a TD if he was Williams?? :lol: (probably, and gotten injured like in 2002)

"This isn't 2002, This is the Superbowl!"