PDA

View Full Version : Greg Jennings diary

GoPackGo
08-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Greg Jennings diary
Aug. 7, 2006

By Tom Silverstein
For Sporting News

Jennings, the Packers' rookie wide receiver, had perhaps the biggest play of early training camp, a 57-yard reception on the first play of a two-minute drill. He talks about it:

"I didn't know it was coming to me. I knew we were going downfield. The original call wasn't that. And Brett (Favre) kinda told Coach, 'We're going deep.' They were conversing back and forth the play, and then Brett was like, 'Let's go deep.' So we called gos, the o-line wanted it, everybody wanted it, and I happened to be that lucky target.

"I was actually the Z. I think honestly he was looking for Drive (Donald Driver). I really do, because he held it kind of long. And if Drive had bent it in a little bit, he probably would have hit Drive.

"See, that's why I love my veteran receivers. He looked out for me. He held the safety instead of just taking it, because had he went to the middle of the field the safety probably would have jumped me and hit Drive, but Drive just held it and then Brett threw it to me because the safety was holding onto Drive. So, that's again, teamwork.

"(In the film room) everybody was just congratulating -- 'Good catch, Greg,' or 'Good catch, whoever made the play.' But it's always a lot of coaching points. Coach can always coach you up on something. And the coaching point was I needed to work him a little bit and then release on him instead of running straight outside. I should have given him more at the top of the route. There's always room to improve.

"Right now, I'm just thinking I want to get better and improve every day. I just want to make sure I'm putting myself in position to succeed and be successful and contribute to the offense and special teams in any way possible. So far I think I've done it. There have been a couple of practices where I've been disappointed in my performance. Up to this point I've been pretty consistent. As long as I can continue to build on that I'll be going in the right direction."

Tom Silverstein covers the Packers for the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel and Sporting News.

mission
08-08-2006, 05:03 PM
im liking this kid so far! :cool:

oh, and... hi :D

Partial
08-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Tokes, good to have you here bro!

mission
08-08-2006, 05:12 PM

cheers budddaaaay! im such a forum whore for music production stuff... cant believe it took me 10 years of internet life to think about finding packers forums. im on the big three now and, damn, it's really hurting my productivity here at work. :oops:

good posts here, not a lot of shit talk, just intelligent conversation. :thumbup:

GoPackGo
08-08-2006, 05:25 PM

cheers budddaaaay! im such a forum whore for music production stuff... cant believe it took me 10 years of internet life to think about finding packers forums. im on the big three now and, damn, it's really hurting my productivity here at work. :oops:

good posts here, not a lot of shit talk, just intelligent conversation. :thumbup:

what music production sites are you on?

I used to frequent mpc-tutor.com forums alot

mission
08-08-2006, 05:45 PM

what music production sites are you on?

I used to frequent mpc-tutor.com forums alot

mainly the dogsonacid.com Grid forum... really helpful lot, ive been on there for about five years. drum and bass production is so picky that it's helped me for a lot of other genres as well (i stopped releasing records in that genre (im too old now!! :P)). i lurk on the emu board, sound on sound, gearheadz, kvr, logic-users.org... im the geeky-jock-ex-quarterback--music-producer-type. go figure :lol: