PDA

View Full Version : Wide Receivers

Joemailman
01-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Conventional wisdom is that the Packers have survived the loss of Finley and Grant because they have one of the games's best quarterbacks throwing to an elite group of wide receivers. Rodgers is all of that. In my opinion, the wide receivers are not.

Jennings is a legitimate #1, but the Packers, in my opinion, lack a legitimate #2 wide receiver. Driver is now a possession receiver who rarely threatens a defense anymore. Jones can get open deep, but can't be counted on to catch the ball consistently. Nelson makes some nice plays, but seems to disappear some games. After that, nothing.

With Driver probably nearing the end, and Jones a FA this year, this position needs to be addressed. With few real weak points on this roster, I'm hoping TT will address this situation in the draft. What has been considered one of the teams stronger positions could quickly become a weakness if he does not address it.

mraynrand
01-10-2011, 09:19 AM
TT will draft a WR and Finley will return. How's that?

pbmax
01-10-2011, 09:24 AM
TT will draft a WR and Finley will return. How's that?

Way too sensible. The Packers should sign Randy Moss or Joey Galloway to stretch the field.

gbgary
01-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Way too sensible. The Packers should sign Randy Moss or Joey Galloway to stretch the field.

LOL

Kiwon
01-10-2011, 09:52 AM
LOL

+1

vince
01-10-2011, 10:04 AM
A patented TT late 2nd round Greg Jennings clone wouldn't be too much to ask to add to the arsenal would it?

Scott Campbell
01-10-2011, 10:06 AM
We run 5 wide sets. That means Ted should be drafting a receiver most years.

I also like Brett Swain.

pbmax
01-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Speaking of fifth WRs, Ballhawk's love affair with Ruvell Martin can continue. He had a good game receiving and blocking versus the Saints.

rbaloha1
01-10-2011, 10:34 AM
We run 5 wide sets. That means Ted should be drafting a receiver most years.

I also like Brett Swain.

Maybe another Starks. Swain needs chances given the drops. Drafting more receivers is also critical.

Tarlam!
01-10-2011, 10:36 AM
It's too bad T-Murph has that spinal condition. He showed a boatload of promise IIRC.

Packgator
01-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Jennings is a legitimate #1, but the Packers, in my opinion, lack a legitimate #2 wide receiver. I'm hoping TT will address this situation in the draft.

Not sure who it will be......but next years #2 WR will be someone from this years roster. No one (currently in college) will come in via the 32nd or 64th pick in the draft and beat out any of those returning (for the #2 spot). If the Packers do take a WR in the draft it will be with hope that he can contribute in a couple of years. How many teams currently have a "legitimate #2 wide receiver" who (if on the Packers team) would be the current #2? The Vikings come to mind.....but that's kind of a situation of two # 1's.

Freak Out
01-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Thanks for making my morning Max....I just cleansed my sinus cavities with a a healthy blast of wonderfully produced Jura coffee.

mission
01-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Some clown on Footballs Future yesterday was suggesting that we sign Antonio Bryant and let Jones sit for the rest of the playoffs.

Couldn't even reply it was so funny.

Patler
01-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Maybe the Packers can return the favor to the Vikings, and sign Rice. I think he will be a FA!:lol:

mraynrand
01-10-2011, 11:24 AM
It's too bad T-Murph has that spinal condition. He showed a boatload of promise IIRC.

yup

Brandon494
01-10-2011, 11:25 AM
We need a veteran WR whos all about the team. I believe TO would be a perfect signing for us.

mraynrand
01-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Maybe the Packers can return the favor to the Vikings, and sign Rice. I think he will be a FA!:lol:

Good Idea. And if we trade Flynn for a #2, we could probably trade a #7 to MN for backup QB Brett Favre!

Tony Oday
01-10-2011, 12:12 PM
We need a veteran WR whos all about the team. I believe TO would be a perfect signing for us.

See I think Chad Johnson...again we disagree! :)

denverYooper
01-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Speaking of fifth WRs, Ballhawk's love affair with Ruvell Martin can continue. He had a good game receiving and blocking versus the Saints.

Word. He also had a decent game against St. Louis.

pbmax
01-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Thanks for making my morning Max....I just cleansed my sinus cavities with a a healthy blast of wonderfully produced Jura coffee.

You're welcome. Send me a bill for the coffee, "Jura" coffee sounds expensive.

Just like the delicacy here in WI called Cafe Karuba from Kwik Trip :)

mraynrand
01-10-2011, 04:27 PM
You're welcome. Send me a bill for the coffee, "Jura" coffee sounds expensive.

Just like the delicacy here in WI called Cafe Karuba from Kwik Trip :)

There's not enough sugar in the world to take the edge off that liquid fertilizer!

Freak Out
01-10-2011, 04:42 PM
The Jura I have:

http://www.capresso.com/images/thumb_j5_type.jpg

The coffee was Kaladi. Can I just have your CC# please? :)

http://www.kaladi.com/