View Full Version : Odd Packers formations

CaptainKickass
01-10-2011, 02:37 PM
So I got

1. flipped tackles
2. inverted wishbone
3. 3 back "T" formation
4. 3 back strong
5. I saw a regular ass 2 WR I-formation when we had to line up almost in our endzone @ philly
6. "psycho" d w/one lineman

Did I miss any?

HarveyWallbangers
01-10-2011, 03:16 PM
During the regular season, a 3 RB set was used 34 times in the NFL. We were responsible for 20 of them. We brought it out in full force yesterday, and it was our most successful formation. Give Stubby credit. Doing something nobody else is doing, and doing it well. It's our wildcat. It will be en vogue across the league next year. :)

Joemailman
01-10-2011, 03:34 PM
The Victory Formation was my favorite.

packer4life
01-10-2011, 09:31 PM
The Victory Formation was my favorite.

i get it.

pbmax
01-10-2011, 10:00 PM
5. I saw a regular ass 2 WR I-formation when we had to line up almost in our endzone @ philly ...

He also ran that frequently when he had Starks paired with Quinn Johnson. Looked positively Sherman-esque.

CaliforniaCheez
01-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Flip flopping the tackles may also be a way to help Bulaga should he as a rookie be the constant target of some new playoff wrinkle. It also shows that should another Bear game occur that Peppers will have to move around to line up against Bulaga. While Peppers is moving Rodgers and Wells will be watching.

Initially it is a defensive technique against good pass rushers, various targeted blitzes, and perhaps using Clifton's better ear so he doesn't false start(that was a humor attempt).

Flip flopping the tackles is also a mind game thing getting other teams to worry about why they are doing it and research it instead of something else. Just a simple thing to waste defensive coordinators time in game prep instead of spending time on other things.

There may be a special play or two coming from it for the right time in a game.

I like it.

mraynrand
01-11-2011, 11:55 AM
He also ran that frequently when he had Starks paired with Quinn Johnson. Looked positively Sherman-esque.

Good use of Shermanesque